Who is the all time most famous athlete in the world?

Literally heard of him for the first time today on Undisputed.

You cant compare Jordan and CR7, one still plays while the other has long since retired. There are more famous retired soccer players than CR7.
Although Jordan is household name almost everywhere in world, gonna go with Pele.
:lol: Come on man. He is NEVER serious

:lol: at Cristiano not being a household name in the States. Some of you cats need to leave the town you grew up in for once :lol:

Surprised usain bolt isn’t as popular as he should be. Prob my fave athlete in the 2000s

:lol: at Cristiano not being a household name in the States. Some of you cats need to leave the town you grew up in for once :lol:

Some people just aren’t into soccer or into sports. I travel out of the states often and never heard of him.

Active?

1. Cristiano
gap
2. Messi
gap
3. LeBron
4. Mayweather
5. Federer
6. Lewis Hamilton
7. Tiger
8. Curry
9. Ibrahimovic
10. Tom Brady

If we're only talking about quantity and not how famous they are everywhere in the world, I have a feeling that the most famous cricket player in India and whoever is the most famous athlete in China (gymnast or ping pong player??) might be on the list.

Taking retired players into consideration, then Jordan, Ali, Beckham, Maradona, Pele and Zidane would be on the list as well. But I'm sure that they would all still be behind Cristiano Ronaldo, at least. Cristiano is just HUHE. As someone mentioned, he is the person (not just athlete) with the most social media followers on the globe.

you need to realize may be people around the world don’t know the athlete Michael Jordan but don’t be mistaken they know Jordan brand around the world more so than Christian Renaldo the athlete.

pre%20montreal%20Nike%20-thumb-500x688-24367-thumb-500x688-35594.jpg

I have never met a single person American or not that doesn't know who MJ is but I know a lot of people that don't know CR7.

you need to realize may be people around the world don’t know the athlete Michael Jordan but don’t be mistaken they know Jordan brand around the world more so than Christian Renaldo the athlete.

Some euro countries dont mess with b ball like we don’t with soccer but they know that jumpman logo. PSG has a kit by jb this season.

Y’all know Ronaldo literally has the most followers on IG right

Edit: Someone already pointed it out but I’m keeping this here

I mean, they call it the Heavyweight Champion Of The World for a reason. He was, and is, known globally, aka the most recognizable face in the world. He transcended sports for his political views, and he didn't have social media around to help him. Anyone who suggests that social media followers proves how famous an athlete is would have a point, but the man I am talking about actually freed hostages in Iraq, and he was not a politician.

Name one other athlete that can do that, outside of Muhammad Ali. That is fame AND power.

Last edited:
MJ that dude but on the real during his peak he was so self centered that once he retired nobody cared about him, similar to Kobe now.

Muhammad Ali at his peak was MJ famous then when he wasn’t fighting he was still famous cause of what he did outside the ring.

Not many people can make other famous people CRY when they are in their presence

Back
Top Bottom