Who is the greatest Hip-Hop performer? vol. this should be interesting

based on what I've seen live I don't even think jay is even top 5:
ye & of definitely move me....most surprising had to be common, who knew dude had all that energy.
I have to imagine that busta and meth & red in their prime was crazy.

drakes crowd interaction dope but he and Ross bore me

Iv'e probably seen about 20 hip-hop artist perform (not including garbage opening acts I don't remember):

1. Hova-controls the crowd like no other. Its like its just you and him. Felt like he was talking to me, it was weird (pause)
2. Lupe Fiasco- I've seen him 5 times, (he performs a lot in LA for cheap). Every show was different and innovative. A lot of energy, its dope. New Lupe is far different from the old Lupe, but still dope.
3. Yeezus- Live band and visuals like no other
4. 50 Cent- really surprised me. He literally wouldn't get off the stage, I got my $'s worth
5. Childish Gambino: a lot of energy

2nd to last: Nas- dude was sloppy drunk at the house of blues. Forgetting words, stumbling around, it was bad. This was right after street disciples came out and all he performed was songs was from illmatic (stillmatic is my favorite album of his).

WORST: Fabolous- its not even close. It was horrid, he's so monotone and dead. No energy.

Kanye BY far. I've seen him four times and everytime I think there's no way I'll see a show better, and then he tops it.

IDK how people can say Wayne... I left half way through his Bonnaroo set last, show was soooooo horrible. I wouldn't pay 10 dollars to see him again.

Originally Posted by CJ003

2nd to last: Nas- dude was sloppy drunk at the house of blues. Forgetting words, stumbling around, it was bad. This was right after street disciples came out and all he performed was songs was from illmatic (stillmatic is my favorite album of his).
Dude I gotta agree here. Saw Nas one time at House of Blues in San Diego and it was such a let down. I don't think he was drunk but he definitely kept forgetting words and only did like one verse from each song. It was a giant let down. Would not pay to see him again.

As a solo performer, hands down Kanye.  And dude doesn't even have to be considered just a "Hip-Hop performer".  He's a straight up ENTERTAINER and could be compared as such.   

Also forgot to mention OutKast. Saw them right after ATLiens dropped in a high school auditorium and after Aquemini came out in an arena. Both times they killed it and had the crowd reciting every damn line. Their energy w/ the live band backing them was doooope during the Aquemini show. And Andre Ben is one hell of a performer.

Damn, a lot of y'all are saying The Roots. I need to go see them for myself.

KanYe for me, too. GITDT was amazing.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

Damn, a lot of y'all are saying The Roots. I need to go see them for myself.

KanYe for me, too. GITDT was amazing.
pimp.gif

Makes me so excited to see them at Bonnaroo.

Although I can see why ppl say Ye...for me its Hov.

I think as a true fan of an artist, Jay delivers each and every time. The songs he performers, how he interacts with the crowd and has the whole arena on one accord is just unmatched to me. Its just captivating to be among like 20k ppl all going in on the lyrics of a song lead by dude.

of course Kanye is way more active on stage dancing around and stuff, but the raps is what made me a fan not the dancing. So when Jay is able to deliver those same lyrics that i heard in the whip or at the crib with the same emotion live...its just more entertaining to me.

I would say Kanye.  I've seen him by himself and with Jay at WTT and he definitely gives you your moneys worth.  I've seen Jay by himself as well and I thought he was just good, not great, but good.  Wayne was okay, not as bad as I thought.  Maybe because he was sober.  Surprised to see a lot of people saying 50.  I've seen 50 and thought he was terrible.  All he does is just scream into the mic.  Maybe I just watched a bad show.

For me its Kanye is the actual best performer. To see Jay it wasn't necessarily his performance but his presence, it's like damn this +@%$$ who is one of the best ever, worth half a bill dude that has been #%*%%! Beyonce for years is a few feet away from me. Oh and sober Wayne is
pimp.gif

i have always heard that busta rhymes live was the best.

anyone ever been to any of his concerts?

Originally Posted by Antidope

JAY-Z NO CONTEST

I've known people who aren't even Hov fans(not sure how this is possible) who are just blown away by how amazing he is live

the power he has over the crowd is eerie. 25,000+ at his command...i went to the BPIII tour and WTT...
and this man was 
glasses.gif

f0a362fd1cb39c87644f30b2f220c6061ff58bf4_r.gif

'Ye. seen 'Ye roughly 7 times now, ranging from 2000 seat venues to 60k person festivals, and 'Ye kills it EVERYTIME. NEVER fails. it was even moreso on display at WTT.

Lupe was REALLY, REALLY %$!#%%* good back in the day. saw him play a 2 1/2 hour set at HOB Sunset, pretty much playing the 1st 2 albums whole, as well as a bunch of mixtape tracks. $#+% was ABSOLUTELY INSANE. these days his show can get real corny, but he still does his thing.

Wayne is cheesy as ++%*.

Nipsey is ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC live. TERRIBLE.

Kendrick Lamar is really good, though of the new cats Big K.R.I.T. takes the crown...his shows are insane.

saw T.I. in 07, right before he got locked up. played a daytime set at a fest and he KILLED IT. so dope.

Jeezy puts on a good show, Ross was pretty good when i saw him as well.

Waka KILLS IT, but it's more the energy, dude raps about 1/3 of the lyrics, but the energy is so insane that you are fine with it. 2chainz is very similar.

if everyone is mentioning groups, how has there been NO MENTION of N.E.R.D...GREAT live.

oh, and most recently Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg...%$!#%%* incredible.

Back
Top Bottom