who is the next great white basketball star?

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

^ Birds a legend, but how can you skip a whole generation. Stockton, Mullin, Hornacek, Schrempf, Nash... the list can go on
stop lying thats were the list ends

Look for Matt Harpring to have a breakout season soon.

matt_harpring-arton20989-240x240.jpg

David Lee and JJ Re_ick have been in the league enough to see if they're going to be 'great' or not.

They're not.

I'm going with Kevin Love.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

David Lee and JJ Re_ick have been in the league enough to see if they're going to be 'great' or not.

They're not.

I'm going with Kevin Love.
Since David Lee is already top 3 in the NBA in rebounding, I think he still has a chance along with Love. If he has any type of work ethic, hewill more than likely try to polish up his offensive skill and he could possibly be a 20 and 10 player as crazy as that sounds.

For guards or small forwards, there is no immediate future...big men are another story with David Lee and Love......

Until we get one who is driven more by competition and trying to be the best at making his team win, like Bird did. We won't see one. There are ones withlots of talent both physical and skill wise like Chase, but they are all soft like melted butter on toast. Bird was one of the least athletic players but hewas fierce. Unfortunately I don't see anyone like him in the College game. Hansborough is an overachiever for his skillset like Bird. But his gamewon't transition to the NBA. Now if he did what he does but with those points being 3-pointers then I could see someone like that being good. Plus, most ofthe white kids are moving towards baseball mostly nowadays. More money and more opportunity I guess.

Just a random fact for you guys....

Out of the entire league...435? Players....

Only 43 of them are white and American Born.

Not a very big list to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom