who is the worst no.1 pick in NBA and NFL of all time?

Since the NFL Draft is coming up real soon and the NBA Darft in about 3 mos.
Just want to know my Fellow NTers opinion on this topic...
A lot of Players came up in my mind but I think these two stands out the most.. the potential they had just wasted with injuries and off-field issue in the case of Steve Emtman

LaRue Martin, 1972 NBA No.1 pick
Steve Emtman,  1992 NFL No.1 pick

We need to have a stickied post for draft busts...this thread gets made once a week.

idk if he's the worst but he's def up there
a_brown_vt.jpg

I think NT needs to start implementing a rule that you cant create a new thread until you have at least 500 posts. Seems like 95% of the repeat threads like this are made by people who havent been around for very long.

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

Since the NFL Draft is coming up real soon and the NBA Darft in about 3 mos.
Just want to know my Fellow NTers opinion on this topic...
A lot of Players came up in my mind but I think these two stands out the most.. the potential they had just wasted with injuries and off-field issue in the case of Steve Emtman

LaRue Martin, 1972 NBA No.1 pick
Steve Emtman,  1992 NFL No.1 pick
Michael Olowokandi

Ernie Davis

And I dont mean to take away from any of the inspiration, character, or ability of Davis but not playing a single game < scoring a TD in your first game.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Tim Couch or David Carr.

These picks alone killed these expansion teams for years.

I came in here to post Tim Couch and Alex Smith...

im not saying David Carr wouldve been an elite QB, but with that TERRIBLE o-line that he had for years really kept him from improving. nobody can be expected to play at a high level when you get knocked down almost every play

i know mlb is completely different, but Matt Bush is the first person that came to mind for some reason.

Originally Posted by dland24

I think NT needs to start implementing a rule that you cant create a new thread until you have at least 500 posts. Seems like 95% of the repeat threads like this are made by people who havent been around for very long.

I sort of agree with this. Especially on these "who was the best/worst" posts.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Tim Couch or David Carr.

These picks alone killed these expansion teams for years.

david wasnt the worst pick, and he didnt set us back... 
horrible o-line play and some bad draft choices early on did....also lack of runnin game.... 

carr had heart and made plays, dude just didnt have the help.... 

Yeah Carr definitely wasnt the worst. Didnt see set the getting sacked record twice? Through no fault of his own really.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

olowokandi....at least kwame is in the league and started for a playoff team a few yrs back..

Good Point...Danny Manning anyone?

Originally Posted by dland24

Make it 1000 post and I am all for it. Do it Admins!!!

Back
Top Bottom