+++ Who Knows A Lot About Data Plans? +++

Mainly lookin at Rogers or other GSM providers.
also curious about the difference between mobile internet plans and data plans and which one would satisfy my needs/rules an restrictions.

Lookin mostly for internet browsing, msn, access to my gmail and hotmail and uploading microsoft office files (excel, word, pp etc...)

are there no one/two year term data plans?

If you know something spread the word.

thanks in advance

Right now Rogers/Fido only offer $65 / month 1 GB data which allows tethering to your laptop...

Bell and Telus have stepped up to the plate offering $7 unlimited data on the HTC Touch (Bell) and $15 unlimited email and data on the Pearl, Touch or s640(Telus).

Ted Rogers needs to do something because people will catch on and the number of people switching over will increase if a) he doesn't do anything to matchand b) more and more people find out about the plans and/or want to switch over for affordable data finally.

Not to mention all the activations from X-mas holidays about to come out...

I suspect Rogers is holding out and hoping the iPhone will squash all of the competition and have people going nuts to come to Rogers. I doubt he'll offeranything even close to what Bell/Telus are offering as far as the data rate per month though....probably a combined voice/data plan that is gonna cost at least60-70 bucks with a GB of data, not unlimited. Although 1 GB is probably enough for a typical users, its capped at 1 or 2 GB in most European countries and aper month use should only be about 500-800 mb with typical use.

You can sign one or two year terms its just up to how much you wanna pay for the phone up front and how long you wanna lock down your rate plan for...

Nothing beats blackberry push email in terms of wireless email reliability and interface.

Browsing is actually best on the iPhone or HTC tytn, the HTC Touch isn't that bad but its touch keypad sucks IMO.

You'd be able to access all your email, gmail, browsing and apps for msn and aim if you know how to tweak your phone right.

I thought there were some obscure restrictions on that $7 unlimited data? I know it's added on top of current plans, but weren't there ******edconditions that didn't make the deal *that* attractive (but still very attractive to most users)?

thanks for the info

anyone ever had trouble importing an unlocked phone with rogers? i have a tri ban phone that should work on rogers 1900 frequency but when i plug in the simcard it keeps searchin for the network. iv double checked all my settings etc if u know how to fix this please let me know

thanks

Bell and Telus have stepped up to the plate offering $7 unlimited data on the HTC Touch (Bell) and $15 unlimited email and data on the Pearl, Touch or s640 (Telus).

With Telus, the 15$ plan is only avaible on the Pearl or touch. It includes unlimited email and messenger. BB messenger(pin) on the Peral and windows liveon teh HTC.

Bell is offering 15$ unlimited(email and messeneger) on any BB not just the Pearl, and the same as Telus on the HTC

Bell and Telus, def tryin to compete with rogers gettin the Iphone.

Im waiting for the day, we get 20$ unlimited data like our US counterparts.

we won't be seeing the iphone here anytime soon because of the data plan. Rogers wont' budge on the pricing. We seriously get shafted in thiscountry...all these damn monopolies.

Originally Posted by JayLove06

we won't be seeing the iphone here anytime soon because of the data plan. Rogers wont' budge on the pricing. We seriously get shafted in this country...all these damn monopolies.

Hopefully that all changes soon, as the government has announced that they're opening up the market for more cell-phone providers to enter Canada.
smokin.gif

Bell is offering $7 on the HTC Touch unlimited data no tethering...

$15 for email/messenging is for BB's.

Telus is offering $15 for the pearl, htc touch and htc s640...$15 email/messenging and bonus browsing...

I'm pretty sure I had my facts right since I read Howard Forums daily...

bah all of no use to me tho even tho i appreciate the info.

rogers needs to step it up so i can get a decent data plan.

hey soulize roughly how much data do you use per month an what do you use ur phone for?

im waiting for the 2nd gen iphone to come out before i start worrying about data plans

3G version should be announced for next year

Back
Top Bottom