Who really cares if Rose cheated?

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

How can you play elsewhere when you're in the american school system? Gotta go to HS, can't just hang on the court all day.

Just consider the alternatives when you figure that you strip away these kids gift.

I'd rather he cheat to go to school rather than resorting to crime, REAL CRIME
Why cant he just get a job, why does he HAVE to resort to crime?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Man, if you cant get a 970 of your SAT's you should kill yourself for being a waste of Oxygen.
so your saying if billy the mentally challenged kid who has learning disabilities tries his best to take the test, studies hard and gets a score in the low 900s he's a waste of oxygen

get the hell outta here with that.

roll.gif

What the hell? That was the most outlandish analogy I ever heard.

what kind of job do you think a former HS basketball star will work? I'm not saying he has to resort to crime, I'm saying it's reasonable he willbecause the fast life is what pays more

Man, if you cant get a 970 of your SAT's you should kill yourself for being a waste of Oxygen.
so your saying if billy the mentally challenged kid who has learning disabilities tries his best to take the test, studies hard and gets a score in the low 900s he's a waste of oxygen

roll.gif

well its a pretty ignorant statement you made. school tests and all that good always came easy to me with a little studying and effort, but their are peoplewho seriously have trouble learning stuff regardless of how much effort they put in, how much tutoring they attend, and how hard to work. theres no need todefecate on them if they are trying their best.

roll.gif

well its a pretty ignorant statement you made. school tests and all that good always came easy to me with a little studying and effort, but their are people who seriously have trouble learning stuff regardless of how much effort they put in, how much tutoring they attend, and how hard to work. theres no need to defecate on them if they are trying their best.

No, it wasnt ignorant. You are comparing a mentally challenged kid who probably WANTS to do well, but cant because of his disability. Derrick Rose doesn'thave a disability. You actually think that Derrick Rose cares about his SAT scores? No. The fact that you think a player the caliber of Derrick Rose actuallyput in any effort to his SAT scores displays your ignorance and shows you are very nieve.

I can almost guarantee that Rose got ZERO tutoring for his SATs, and knowing the graduationg rates of Calipari's squads, I know for a fact he probablydidnt do not one assignment himself, execept introducing himself in front of his ENC1101 class.

roll.gif

well its a pretty ignorant statement you made. school tests and all that good always came easy to me with a little studying and effort, but their are people who seriously have trouble learning stuff regardless of how much effort they put in, how much tutoring they attend, and how hard to work. theres no need to defecate on them if they are trying their best.

No, it wasnt ignorant. You are comparing a mentally challenged kid who probably WANTS to do well, but cant because of his disability. Derrick Rose doesn't have a disability. You actually think that Derrick Rose cares about his SAT scores? No. The fact that you think a player the caliber of Derrick Rose actually put in any effort to his SAT scores displays your ignorance and shows you are very nieve.

I can almost guarantee that Rose got ZERO tutoring for his SATs, and knowing the graduationg rates of Calipari's squads, I know for a fact he probably didnt do not one assignment himself, execept introducing himself in front of his ENC1101 class.

It doesn't show that but it does show your reading comprhension skills suck. I wasn't using Derrick Rose as an example, You said ANYONE who can'tget a certain score on the SAT is a waste of oxygen am I correct? So what your saying is even if someone wants to do well and tries but can't achieve thedecent score then their a waste of oxygen. Thats a pretty close minded statement to make imo.

Of course Derrick Rose didn't give a flying 747 damn about his score or about going to class but thats on him for not ensuring himself with a reliable postnba career backup plan.

It doesn't show that but it does show your reading comprhension skills suck. I wasn't using Derrick Rose as an example, You said ANYONE who can't get a certain score on the SAT is a waste of oxygen am I correct? So what your saying is even if someone wants to do well and tries but can't achieve the decent score then their a waste of oxygen. Thats a pretty close minded statement to make imo.

Of course Derrick Rose didn't give a flying 747 damn about his score or about going to class but thats on him for not ensuring himself with a reliable post nba career backup plan.

My reading comprehension skills? Where did I say "ANYONE"?

Fede DPT wrote:

It doesn't show that but it does show your reading comprhension skills suck. I wasn't using Derrick Rose as an example, You said ANYONE who can't get a certain score on the SAT is a waste of oxygen am I correct? So what your saying is even if someone wants to do well and tries but can't achieve the decent score then their a waste of oxygen. Thats a pretty close minded statement to make imo.

Of course Derrick Rose didn't give a flying 747 damn about his score or about going to class but thats on him for not ensuring himself with a reliable post nba career backup plan.

My reading comprehension skills? Where did I say "ANYONE"?

Fede DPT wrote:

you said if you can't get a 970 which means anybody, now if you said if derrick rose couldn't get a 970 i would probably agree with you becuasehe would have more resources and help if he needed it or wanted it.

You know, I don't feel anyway about Derrick Rose cheating. However, I do understand why others may. I think we all need to step back and realize thatthis incident is bigger than Derrick Rose.

I believe that there are some fundamental flaws in the American education system, and a huge flaw has been personified through this incident. Anybodythat's attended a public school has learned at an early age that the education system is a game. So much emphasis goes into grade scores, and standardizedtest that people stop caring about what they know. Moreover, the concern shifts to what they can show.

I don't think it's fair to expect athletes to perform at a high academic level. Now I do believe everyone should be literate, but we aren'texpecting these people to become brain surgeons or active members of the civil workforce. I know that if I had God given physical talent, but lacked themental capacity to perform well in school, I would do anything in my ability to get where I needed to be. It's unfortunate, but the fact of the matter isthat if it weren't for the huge demand that is professional sports, some of these people would be Wal-Mart greeters.

For those that are upset with Derrick Rose and those of his ilk, I hope that you feel the same way about the people who cheat their way through high school,college, and eventually become CEO's, Congressmen, and Presidents. Because these situations happen a lot more than a professional athlete cheating on atest. Not to mention, these people have the ability to directly affect your lives.

While I wont sit here and tell you that going to college is a necessary process, especially for athletes who obviously are good enough to skip it.... thatdoesn't mean you get a free pass as a program for cheating to compete against teams who DO follow the rules and play for the same chamionships that you do.

While Rose might be above the system in a way, he was competing against and taking the spot of kids who did things the right way and that's where theproblem comes in for me. I could care less if the kid doesn't want to play college, but don't cheat the system either.

I don't care.

My GPA was 2.nothing-much and I did 1400+ on SATs with no prep after a LATE night of drugs and alcohol.

Rules are made to be re-evaluated...

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Why dudes have to take things so literally?
I hate literal ##! dudes like that. Especially when it's a joke
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

swag surfing is stupid just shut up already.

when you force people to do things, stuff like this happens. Humans will learn to play the paperwork game before sitting to study.

his first contract is 3/13 and his next one will be 60+ M. He still winning
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

When I got home today my pops told me there was speculation that his grades were changed in high school . I would have a hard time believing that a student with a 3.2 would struggle on an entrance exam, but some people struggle with tests.
At my high school, if you were a star athlete you didn't have to go to class, take any of the tests, or do any of the assignments to pass withan A or B in all of your classes. Cats went to class 5 times a semester and had 3.5's
smh.gif

I've actually heard of a few people having someone else take their sat's for them so i'm not really surprised by this

Originally Posted by tmukg21

when you force people to do things, stuff like this happens. Humans will learn to play the paperwork game before sitting to study.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah, "he still winning"... dude probably can't even read thenewspaper.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by tmukg21

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah, "he still winning"... dude probably can't even read the newspaper.
Oh, yee ain know? Newspapers is for po' people.

I care.

As a UCLA fan, This kid prevented the bruins from playing in the Championship.

We should care. For every DRose that makes a successful career in the NBA, there are countless faces that never make it to the L and never graduate fromcollege because they didn't have the skill set to help them succeed.

I thought this was about Pete Rose smh

SAT's who cares
It does show a lack of caracter on his part tho.

I don't care as most other people. Same reason why people are voting Manny Ramirez into the All-star game.

Back
Top Bottom