Who really cares if Rose cheated?

Skip the other thread

If Rose had someone take the SAT for him,who cares?

He is a bball player that was one and done.

He did what was necessary to get that one year done.

It's no different than one of us that takes pills or drink to hide the mary jane in our systems.

He is a multi-millionaire, future all-star guard and Calipari is gone. NCAA need to let dead dogs remain dead.

I think it is a waste to tanish his image, Stern shouldn't have cut off high schoolers in the draft. Otherwise they wou;dn't have to qualify.

Obviously he isn't that dumb, he made it happen .

it's like the Webber and Michigan thing, he's gone now, it won't really affect his NBA career

Scottsauce88 wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:
Skip the other thread

no. Why create a new thread for the exact same topic

Mark of the devil post....can't justify with an answer. J/K Actually its a spin off of that post.

Memphis fans wouldn't care less as long as their team continues going to the Final Four.

Kentucky fans won't care as long as they win a National Championship or two.

Who here has not cheated on a test in order to pass a class to move up a grade or graduate.

All I'm saying is don't blow this outta proportion. He's a basketball player, not an English professor.

You've gotta be kidding.

So you're saying that just because these kids can go "one and done," the NCAA should just quit caring about upholding its reputation? The NCAAhas rules for a reason, it's really not that hard to follow them. I'm sorry, but if you can't get a qualifying SAT score (especially for ConferenceUSA and a school like Memphis), you really don't deserve to be doing anything with your life.

Get out of here with that *#%#.

Edit to clear something up: I don't mean to sound like an %+# with "you don't deserve to be doing anything with your life" bit...butaccording to an NBC Sports article, Rose had a 3.2 GPA in high school. That means that he would only require an 820 combined score on the math and verbalportions of the SAT. Do you realize how low that is?

(For reference, a high school GPA from 2.0-2.5 requires a 1010 combined score, while a high school GPA over 2.5 only requires a combined score of 820.)

Originally Posted by tmay407

You've gotta be kidding.

So you're saying that just because these kids can go "one and done," the NCAA should just quit caring about upholding its reputation? The NCAA has rules for a reason, it's really not that hard to follow them. I'm sorry, but if you can't get a qualifying SAT score (especially for Conference USA and a school like Memphis), you really don't deserve to be doing anything with your life.

Get out of here with that @!%%.

cosign that 100%

Edit to clear something up: I don't mean to sound like an %+# with "you don't deserve to be doing anything with your life" bit...but according to an NBC Sports article, Rose had a 3.2 GPA in high school. That means that he would only require an 820 combined score on the math and verbal portions of the SAT. Do you realize how low that is?

(For reference, a high school GPA from 2.0-2.5 requires a 1010 combined score, while a high school GPA over 2.5 only requires a combined score of 820.)
in the other thread, i posted a new article claiming that his actual high school grades were changed...not sure if you saw that.

No I'm not kidding TMay! If a kid like D.Rose or Brandon Jennings can't score the necessary points, should they sell drugs?

Its wrong to bar these kids from an opportunity to make something out of their lives.

I'm saying these kids shouldn't be held to the same standards as us regular students cause they are not there to learn. We go to school to get degreesto get careers.

They go to schools to hit for free and get some TV exposure. If anything they BS in class cause they know they are gonna get a passing grade anyhow.

And T, not everyone is intelligent. Ya boy Garnett couldn't pass the tests to save his life, does that mean he deserves to fail on life?

AntBanks81 wrote:
Who really cares if Rose cheated?

dddac15b94e233533498b55b97df3dfd.gif
Sometimes u gotta cheat in life taget somewhere....

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

No I'm not kidding TMay! If a kid like D.Rose or Brandon Jennings can't score the necessary points, should they sell drugs?

Its wrong to bar these kids from an opportunity to make something out of their lives.

I'm saying these kids shouldn't be held to the same standards as us regular students cause they are not there to learn. We go to school to get degrees to get careers.

They go to schools to hit for free and get some TV exposure. If anything they BS in class cause they know they are gonna get a passing grade anyhow.

And T, not everyone is intelligent. Ya boy Garnett couldn't pass the tests to save his life, does that mean he deserves to fail on life?
you are making it seem like they are ENTITLED to play in the NBA....it's a job, and it happens to have an age requirement. I would love to bethe President of the US, but I'm not 35....should I be pissed that I'm not being given an "opportunity" to make something of my life?

Is it really fair to put Brandon Jennings in there? It seems like he realized that he wouldn't be able to qualify for school, and didsomething about it by going to Europe. He didn't cheat like Rose supposedly had to, and did what he had to do to correct his problems. (Did I miss anythingabout Jennings cheating on the SAT?)

I guess my problem isn't necessarily as much with not being able to obtain the required test scores as much as it is with not being a man about it if youcan't get them yourself. Like I said, Jennings stepped up and took a different route to achieve his ultimate goal (or at least what I can assume would behis ultimate goal) without needing to cheat (or at least not from what we know).

And look at Roscoe Smith...I'm not sure what his standing is academically, but he didn't play AAU basketball at all last summer in order to prep forthe SAT and workout on his own. If you know you're gonna have problems with the SAT, why not do something like that? Again...he foresees a possible futureproblem, and does what needs to be done to take care of it.

in the other thread, i posted a new article claiming that his actual high school grades were changed...not sure if you saw that.

Yea, I just looked at that after I posted. Was high school really that hard? Maybe I'm giving myself enough credit in regards to my intelligence, but Imanaged a 3.8 GPA without ever cracking a book in high school. High school isn't that hard...

You're only saying this because you're a Mempiss fan.

If this happened to Bruce Pearl and UT you'd be singing a different song
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Answer: The NCAA does. That's all that matters.

As for all this...
Who here has not cheated on a test in order to pass a class to move up a grade or graduate.
It's no different than one of us that takes pills or drink to hide the mary jane in our systems.
Obviously he isn't that dumb, he made it happen .
LMAO...

It's crazy people actually think this way... *shrugs*

When I got home today my pops told me there was speculation that his grades were changed in high school . I would have a hard time believing that a studentwith a 3.2 would struggle on an entrance exam, but some people struggle with tests.

I'm saying these kids shouldn't be held to the same standards as us regular students cause they are not there to learn. We go to school to get degrees to get careers.

he did pass it

You've gotta be kidding.

So you're saying that just because these kids can go "one and done," the NCAA should just quit caring about upholding its reputation? The NCAA has rules for a reason, it's really not that hard to follow them. I'm sorry, but if you can't get a qualifying SAT score (especially for Conference USA and a school like Memphis), you really don't deserve to be doing anything with your life.

Get out of here with that *#%#.

And just to make this even better...

The score I posted earlier (GPA ranging from 2.0-2.5 requiring a 1010 and a GPA ranging from 2.5+ requiring an 820), those score requirements were changed in2003.

For Rose's high school transcript, which read as a 3.2 GPA, his required test score would be a combined 620.

Yes, that's right. A 620.

The "sliding scale" has also been extended. It will now allow a higher core GPA to reduce the SAT component. A 2.5 core GPA will still require a 820 SAT score, a higher core GPA of 2.75 GPA would need a 720 SAT score, a 3.0 core GPA would only require a 620 SAT score and a 3.55 core GPA would require just a 400 SAT score. The NCAA states that their research indicates that core class grades were the best indicators of academic success during a student-athlete's freshman year. The NCAA has also announced that they might also increase the overall number of required core classes to 15 or 16 in the near future.

A %%$@!*@ monkey or gorilla could get a 620 on the SAT. And Derrick Rose was afraid that he couldn't?

Is it really fair to put Brandon Jennings in there? It seems like he realized that he wouldn't be able to qualify for school, and did something about it by going to Europe. He didn't cheat like Rose supposedly had to, and did what he had to do to correct his problems. (Did I miss anything about Jennings cheating on the SAT?)
he failed the 1st time, pass the 2nd time but got flaged cause the score was WAY to high word is someone took it for him then he failed it the 3rdtime and went to europe

indifferent.gif

Then they should take another route(JUCO, Europe, get a job, etc., etc., etc.)

Guerilla, I love that GIF, it never gets old. It's true that you gotta do what you gotta do in life to make it happen.

DoubleJs, I'm not saying he or other players are entitled. I'm saying there are kids in HS that know what their role in life is. I had friends thatdropped out and went to trade school. They recognized school was not their forte and went about making a living for themselves. I think being president is abad comparison for this thread.

HandsomeHustler, I only liked Memphis when Penny and Rose played. I could care less about them "pulling" the record 38 wins. Don't we all knowwhat happened on the courts last year? I wouldn't have cared if Coach Weber (Illini) bought LeBron 24s for the Hummer and a Ducati to play a year.

Nowitness, I guess I'm crazy then. I have a degree from a D1 school and I didn't cheat on ACT, but then again I can't jump out the gym andcrossover til your ankles sore.

Originally Posted by SFN 155

indifferent.gif

Then they should take another route(JUCO, Europe, get a job, etc., etc., etc.)

I agree that they should go play in Europe like Jennings. I loved that he did that. I personally don't like that the NCAA cakes so much off all these kidsbut if something happens to them, oh well. You gotta get yours in this world.

Could you imagine a college game with nothing but walk-ons because all the top 100 in Europe living it up as teenagers?

What's going to happen at JUCO? Cam'ron went to JUCO.

Get a job? Are you serious?

Lol why are you talking as if, if he didn't do this his life would be ruined and he would have to go straight to selling drugs?

Back
Top Bottom