Who Should Get The Role Of Marvel’s “Black Panther”?

Who Should Get The Role Of Marvel’s “Black Panther”?

• Chiwetel Ejiofo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idris Elb

• Chadwick Boseman

• Michael B Jordan

• Other

• Total voters
Marvel superhero Black Panther is set to come to the big screen and top black British stars Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba have been tipped to play the character. Reports suggest the two actors, along with American stars Chadwick Boseman and Michael B Jordan, are in line for the leading role in Black Panther.

Chiwetel may be the favourite for the part considering how high his stock has risen following the release of Steve McQueen’s 12 Years A Slave. Other reports indicate Boseman could be the best-suited for the part due to his status as a young, up and coming actor.

Black Panther has not yet been given an official release date, but it is widely rumoured to be a future project for Marvel Studios Who deserves the role?

wow this role still up for grabs. I remember when Wesley Snipes was the leading candidate for the job. 
laugh.gif

Derek Luke - can't believe he's already 40
Mehcad Brooks - he seems to have lost some weight since true blood

As far as known older guys Edris Elba

Chiwetei just doesn't have that superhero stature for me

Chadwick Boseman seems to have that superhero stature as far as the young guys

Last edited:
They better be careful on who they cast as Black Panther...Thats probably why its taking so long

Idris Alba would be the safest one because he can pull off the African accent and knows how to act.

my dude stringer is already in Thor though

only problem with denzel is that he would steal everyone elses thunder in averngers 3

Michael Jai White

I don't see him fitting this role perfectly but he could pull it off. Would be a better thrasher, power man, black manta (DC), Jon Stewart (DC), Mr. Terrific (DC), Cyborg (DC), Deathlok,

MJW is a talented person because of his acting and martial arts background. They just need to find him the right role....which isn't necessarily a leading one. Marvel/DC needs to test him out as being a side character first before introducing him with his own movie.

But I could see Chadwick being a good black panther if he gets the proud african king act down. He has the look of black panther.

Last edited:
Out of those choices, dude that played Jackie Robinson in 42 would be a good choice.

Just watched that movie and he's a good actor.

Wesley Snipes is already Blade though.

I honestly thought they would've already cast Tom Hanks or Robert Downey Jr. But out of this group, Elba is probably the safest bet, but a lot of great roles come from left-field thinking, so maybe Chadwick Boseman

Elba already plays Heimdall, so he's out, and Jordan is playing Johnny Storm in the Fantastic Four reboot, so marvel won't touch him. Chiwetel has the most star power going into it, he's the safe bet for best actor this year. I can see marvel going with him.

Unless they just get RDJ to fill in :wink:

I don't see him fitting this role perfectly but he could pull it off. Would be a better thrasher, power man, black manta (DC), Jon Stewart (DC), Mr. Terrific (DC), Cyborg (DC), Deathlok,

MJW is a talented person because of his acting and martial arts background. They just need to find him the right role....which isn't necessarily a leading one. Marvel/DC needs to test him out as being a side character first before introducing him with his own movie.

But I could see Chadwick being a good black panther if he gets the proud african king act down. He has the look of black panther.

MJW has been on Arrow as Bronze Tiger, DC has their claws in him, no pun intended.

Michael B. Jordan needs to get outta here. I'd say Idris. Even though he's heimdall it can just be a tongue in cheek kinda thing.

Mike b jordan for Black Panther :pimp:

Make it happen mitch

Smh @ the no love for jordan

Last edited:
Out of those choices, dude that played Jackie Robinson in 42 would be a good choice.

Just watched that movie and he's a good actor.

Wesley Snipes is already Blade though.

Word. But Idris is due a massive big screen role though. The kid from 42 is the best of those options though, especially if they're doing origins. Marvel has been good with casting, but I feel somehow something like Avatar is gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom