Who used Ankle Braces when wearing their KOBE IV's

I have wore ankle braces ( mcdavid ) with the kobe iv's before and it totally killed the padded feel of the ankle collar, it actually made me feel lesscomfortable and confident in the sneaker. I think the neoprene sleeves are better if you just want something there, does anyone have any suggestions? Ihaven't tried tape, as that is too time consuming, just wondering what everyone else did when playing basketball in the Kobe IV's.

You definetely have to do a good tape job regardless on what kinda of kix ur going to wear.

Tape job best way to go. Btw did u really need to start a new thread for this, there is a Kobe IV thread for a reason.

i use mine with aso ankle braces. i think ankle braces are still better than those neoprene sleeves in terms of protecting your ankle.

Tape.

Although my coaches have me wear ankle braces whether it's football or basketball.

Just don't like ankle braces for some reason, I feel safer with tape.

Originally Posted by YungVC

just buy ankle insurance

roll.gif

i like the neoprene sleeves. ankle braces just feel too restrictive to me. tape is the best answer, but i dont have time to tape my ankles or even have someonedo it for me everytime i play ball.

i have aso and mcdavid ankle braces and i wont wear any of them anymore because the neoprene is so much more comfortable and gives me the support i likewithout sacrificing flexibility. lace up/strap braces seem to do more harm than help for me. they prevent bad sprains, but i seem to get the little tweaks alotmore because my ankle cant move at all inside the braces.

I sprain my ankles pretty easily, I sometimes wear ankle braces, anyone think ASO ankle braces will fit fine with hyperizes?

Originally Posted by hakbottom

Tape job best way to go. Btw did u really need to start a new thread for this, there is a Kobe IV thread for a reason.there
When the ankle protection topic rose up, it became a flame war as to why the shoe sucks etc. I just want an opinion on people who wanna wear emfor ball. Tape job is probably the best bet, but I feel like you need to really tape it proper or else is pointless., also very time consuming. Bad thing isthat any type of ankle support kinda kills the feel of the padded collar. That collar really helps give that support mentally. When i have anything on, I havethis heel slip feeling.

I only wear one ankle brace on my left ankle cuz thats the one that I always have trouble with other than that, Im good to go

i have weak ankles and even w/ a solid shoe, the extra protection is mos def a benefit. i think the mcdavid's i wear are between a 3 star or 4 star.nonetheless, the taping has to be done the right way. it's not jes putting it on however. the kobe iv's were designed w/ the idea to help prevent ankleinjuries so initially, i'd assume to play w/ nothing on at all...but i don't own a pair yet so...but regardless, tape or brace, your mobility islimited so it depends on the player whether that's a sacrifice you'd take for better or for worse.

Wearing ankle braces when you ankles are not injured can actually weaken your ankles making them more susceptible to sprains.

i did the ankle brace thing at first, then i was like naw F this. your not nearly as likely to roll your ankle in the iv's anyway because the shoe is somuch lower to the ground, unless you step on someone's foot.

Back
Top Bottom