who went to the MF DOOM concert last night (8/15)???

all i can say is wow! not wow in a good way, but wow in what happened.

for those that were not there, DOOM performed for like 25 minutes then said 'peace' and walked off the stage and left the building! he made us wait for like 1 hr after the last performance b4 he came on stage! peeps were pretty pissed and all u heard was booing amongst the masses.

if ne one was there, feel free to fume in this thread!!
ebay ID: admrl_trdng

Need a DJ? Book MNP productions for all your entertainment needs. PM me for more info. Bay Area only. Hollaa!!

I wasn't there but I HATE DOOM and his stupid shoes. This just stamps it even more so. I hope there was some sort of a refund cause that's pretty wack.
- Fong$tarr

E-mail: Fongstarr@hotmail.com
TEAM WARRIORS WE BELIEVE

no refund....smh at him and Independent concert hall

his hype man was even promoting his shoes. he took his off and held it up to the crowd...

Need a DJ? Book MNP productions for all your entertainment needs. PM me for more info. Bay Area only. Hollaa!!

He was probably in a hurry.

He's performing at Sneaker Pimps Seattle this weekend.

:lol:
laugh.gif
Yahoo and AOL IM: kingcrux31NikeTalk's Rules of ConductWelcome to NikeTalk PhilippinesPhilippines Sneaker Guide

DOOM is supposed to play tonight also at the same venue. i wonder how is that gonna play out?!

damn, glad i didnt go to the show....i read somewhere that the crowd realized he was lip synching the songs when the crowd turned on him and he ran off stage...saw a video on youtube where he did the same at the SB rock the bells show last week, and he looked way skinnier than usual.
TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS
][/center]

Doom is a horrible live performer. He is notorious for pulling stunts like that.

He's like the diva of underground hip hop.

I liked him better as Zev Love X.

No doubt, there are some Artists who've got skills on a studio mic but when it comes time to perform they lack the charisma it takes to move the crowd. As for tonight, my sis went and Doom straight up bailed on the show, didn't even show up. :smh:
smh.gif
What a jerk

^^^no surprise there! i dont think he wants to show up from what happened last night. im curious to see how its gonna play out at the rock the bells tour this weekend. he's only diggin' his hole deeper here in the bay.

ive seen doom live before, and I have to say he put on a pretty good show....but as a doom fan, i'm disappointed to here that he bailed last nite....guess i wont try to fit in his performance tomorrow at RTB
TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS
][/center]

That wasn't really MF DOOM... i searched around and everyone is saying it was just another guy with the doom mask on...

What a croc...
Danny DeVito​
For President in 2008​
Because after seven limoncellos, the little guy can do anything...​

Quote:
The opener for Wednesday nights MF Doom show at the Independent is saying that it wasnt actually MF D
oom:
The show started off just fineI played, Pigeon John played, I did another half-hour or so after Pigeon John, everything went along smoothlythen Doom took the stage. Or rather, Doom took the stage. That dude with the mask and the mic was:
1) lip-synching
2) not actually MF Doom

The only thing that was actually live about the show was the hypemans mic. Everything else ran straight off a recording, and fake Doom pretended to rap and walked up and down the stage doing rapper hands. He faked his way through a set of about 20 minutes, walked off the stage, and jetted out the back door.
TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS
]​

I'm sorry to hear you guys got ripped off like that, using an imposter that is mad shady. :rofl:
roll.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
Team49ersXVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIXWe get PHYSICAL

haha thats y i only like his shoes

Team PICS?
where the PICS?
TeamIFTSOYM​
yea shes a MILF​
TEAM UNCIRCUMSIZED

Yeah I heard that it was a fake and he did it a couple times. Made some quick cash though! lolllll
Life is hard, but so am I​

I got his from some messageboard:

If you have not heard about MF Doom's recent shows then you need to read all of this and pass it along to everyone you know who is going or considering buying tickets. First off, let me say that Doom is my favorite MC ever and I love his music, BUT he is lipsyncing all of his shows as of late, only performing for a half-hour, and sometimes sending an imposter on stage to act as him (taking advantage of the fact that he wears a mask and we cannot see his face). What this means is this: venues like the Independent are getting seriously screwed by Doom because they have to put a deposit down on his show and pay staff to work those nights. They know that Doom will probably not perform or at best will lip sync, but they need him to be there to recoup expenses. NOTE: You will not get your money back if you are upset that Doom is lipsyncing or that it may not even be Doom!!! The Independent (I know this because I spoke to their management) is livid at Doom because they lost a ton on refunds and paying their staff for working the shows, but they STILL rescheduled. WHY? Because they will take a HUGE loss if they don't. It is not their fault, but there is no reason why you should pay $30 bucks to see him lip sync unless Doom is that important to you. Check other websites for more info. From what I can put together, Doom is one lazy dude and is so faded at shows that he needs his track prerecorded to prevent mistakes. This probably lead him to see how far he could push it. Just do your research!! Make sure you check things out first before buying!!

^^^
this is good info. tks.

i know its late, but is the INDEPENDENT giving refunds for the wednesday night concert?

Back
Top Bottom