David Thompson
Nate Archibald
Bernard King
Chris Mullin
Gail Goodrich
Spencer Haywood
Oscar Robertson
Pete Maravich

Especially the year against the Bulls and how Gary would talk trash with Mike and all that good stuff. After the Sonics became garbage, he just stoppedwatching basketball.

Edit: I've also heard stories about this man. Used to be my dad's favorite player.

Wish my dad watched sports.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

My dad will NOT shut up about Willie Mays.
laugh.gif

All I hear about is Willie. And if I even think about tryin to compare someone in any aspect, I get hung up on with the quickness.
laugh.gif
This.
and Joe Montana to an extent.

Buster Douglass ... he grew up with him. Always told me the story about how Buster beat up my uncle.
laugh.gif

bd635475ef065938cd34bf345f4b0c8cb0d2ed8.pjpg

and also a couple other boxers from Columbus that he knew.

Originally Posted by CP1708

My dad will NOT shut up about Willie Mays.
laugh.gif

All I hear about is Willie. And if I even think about tryin to compare someone in any aspect, I get hung up on with the quickness.
laugh.gif
same here.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Mike Schmidt
Steve Carlton
Art Monk
Eric Dickerson
Kareem
Reggie Jackson
Pete Rose
Lynn Swann
Oscar Robertson
Kyle Macy
laugh.gif

Louis Dampier
Dan Issel

and as far as players i got to watch with him, he always told me to watch:

Magic Johnson
Barry Larkin
Greg Maddux
Tom Glavine
Ronnie Lott
John Elway

My dad always spoke of Rick Barry along with the rivalry against Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. You could also add in hall of fame football players too. (Lott,Dickerson, etc.)

Just checked this thread out, and someone posted the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. My uncle is #15. LOL I was kinda shocked to see that, but he was nice.

My dad isn't much of a sports fan, but always talked about Earl "The pearl" Monroe and Walt Frazier.

Back
Top Bottom