Who were the players that your Dad always told you about

I'm talkin any sport

Our dads all had those players who they grew up on and told us about when we were growing up

For me

n3969x.jpg

My dad can go on for hours about how great he was. I'm talking about the college Pete my dad never really talked about his NBA career but he made him outto be a god they way he talked about his college days
laugh.gif

Mantle, Williams, Mays, DiMaggio, etc. All the old school baseball players that my old man still says were real players
laugh.gif

Always reminds me of the guys who missed years of their primes because of military service. Teddy Williams missed like over 4 years of his prime.

My dad will NOT shut up about Willie Mays.
laugh.gif

All I hear about is Willie. And if I even think about tryin to compare someone in any aspect, I get hung up on with the quickness.
laugh.gif

Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Imran Khan. Mostly is Wasim Akram.. They were professional cricket players by the way.

_39235169_akram_90g.jpg

Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

07_imran_khan.jpg

Imran Khan

My dad is a Cincinnati Reds fan
grin.gif

So all I heard was how great Johnny Bench was, Joe Morgan, Pete Rose, Barry Larkin and Eric Davis.

The only Dodger he always liked was Steve Garvey.

he doesnt really follow sports, but always mentions these players when im watching

ali
kareem
bill walton

alot
laugh.gif

some of the few...Jerome Brown
tired.gif
, Pelle Limberg (sp?) flyersgoalie
tired.gif
, broad street bullies, Steve Carlton, Mike Scmidt (sp?)

The Showtime Lakers
Derrick Coleman (pops was a Syracuse fan..so I went against him and became a Kansas fan, blasphemy I know)
Darryl Strawberry
Pele

Larry Bird
Bill Russell
basically all the other Celtics with their number in the rafters
Walter Payton

Any and everybody who was a legend in DC... esp. Adrian Dantley (who I met at our Dentist
pimp.gif
) and Dave Bing
All the classic ********, Ernie Banks, Joe Brown, Black Jesus, The G.O.A.T. (Ali for those who don't know), Pistol Pete, The Big O, Tiny Nate Archibald.

Back
Top Bottom