Who will the Wizards draft with the #1 pick? vol sinbadsucks

So, is 0-4 the end of the world? No, but if you look at our records of the previous 2 seasons, we have BARELY been a .500 or higher ball club. I think something drastic needs to be done. For one, I think that Eddie Jordan HAS to go. He is one of the more incompetent coaches in the NBA. He has the luxury of having 3 all-stars in his starting line-up, but for some reason we are no better than a .550 team at best (and that was 3 years ago). I think that there have been little to no improvements and the false promises of playing better defense is a broken record year-in and year-out. The rotations and substitution patterns are puzzling. You can even go back to last season when he would consistently have guys like Michael Ruffin in the games during crunch time. This is the one guy in the NBA who would have a hard time walking on at Florida A&M. Also, in looking at other NBA teams in the league, there is room given to the rookies for improvement and growth. I don't see why we keep giving big minutes to veterans like DeShawn Stevenson (who has been PUTRID) all while young guys like Dominic McGuire and Nick Young rot for the most part on the bench. You have veterans like Gilbert Arenas taking horrible shots all over the court, but yet the leash is REAL short when NY shoots a brick. When NY airballed his 3 attempt last night I just knew he was going to be subbed out....lo and behold, Roger Mason checked in the game.

Anyways, I know it has only been 4 games, but this is a big hole for a mediocre team like the Wizards to climb out of. I was pretty optimistic going into this year, but with teams like Boston, Orlando, and Atlanta playing better ball, the 8th seed in the playoffs might be what the Wizards are looking at. Like I said before, there needs to be a shake up. Whether it is by way of a firing or trade, something needs to be done. You look at a team like Boston and you see the impact that a guy like KG has had over the WHOLE franchise. I just wish some of that passion/intensity was there with this Wizards squad. There is plenty of talent on the roster, but with Gil's impending venture into Free Agency, this team could have a different look going into the next couple of months or even next year.....

Your right about the Wiz. I seriously thought they'd win their division. The only player who has been impressive thus far is Brenden Haywood. Butler is starting to shoot better recently, despite his first few games of turnover-mania. This can be a very big season for the Wiz. If they don't go far this year, expect to see Arenas and Jamison become free agents. I'm not sure I'm totally sold on firing Eddie though. It has taken awhile for them to understand that complex offense their doing, and I'm not sure its a good idea to tank it after 4-5 games. But I really hope the Wizards turn it around.

You guys need a leader on the court. Gil aint it either.

He doesnt buy into EJs defense and that trickles through the whole team.
Team Beatfactory L.L.C.
Bryan Michael Cox is now my boss.
TEAM CLEVELAND BROWNS-TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS​

gil messed up that last shot last night. he should have shot it a LOT earlier and not gotten trapped in the corner by the triple team.

either that or he should have passed.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Yeah EJ/Terrance Howard>>>> EJ/Sinbad
Team Beatfactory L.L.C.

The problem that I have with the coaching is that we SHOULD be better than a perennial .500 team. Who else has the luxury of having 3 all-stars in their line-up who are in their primes? The fact that this team totally falls apart when ONE of the "big 3" is out of the line-up is indicitive of the inept coaching by EJ. He has an old-school mentality where veterans will play most of the minutes EVEN if there are more talented/skilled players on the bench who are just as deserving of that playing time. I swear that we could have had Lebron James on our roster, but he would have to earn his minutes under EJ and supplant a guy like Michael Ruffin (assuming they played the same position). He's so hard-headed about what he does it isn't even funny. I really think these 4 games are going to make or break our season. This team is not nearly as good as anyone in the Verizon Center thinks. I agree with outtacontrol in that it's a problem when your star player doesn't buy into your coaches "defensive" philosophy. Not to mention deferring the leadership to another player. I love what Gil brings to the table, but I have serious doubts about his knee. I know he is playing for a potential raise, but how much damage is he doing by coming back IMO way too early? I mean he just had that @#%$ drained the other day, and he has back-to-back games (yesterday and today) so that knee is going to be inflamed by later on tonight.

There needs to be a true defensive stopper brought into DC. Someone who can change the whole mentality of how this team prepares for their opponents. Again, I go back to KG in Boston. Look at the effect he has had on that squad. His intensity is unmatched, and guys who have been considered to be "not too firery" have played out of their minds due to what KG brings and expects. Just throwing this out there, but would Kobe be the type of player to make this situation better?

With a big contract in AJ coming off of the books at the end of the year, maybe he could be mentioned as a potential player to be moved. He is instant offense, but his defense is atrocious. If the big 3 is indeed blow up for whatever reason, they should build around Caron Butler. I'll get more into it later on....

it's just frustrating

:smh:
smh.gif
:frown:
frown.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
ed out so badly just means that there is a very good chance that both Gilbert and Antawn are leaving after this year. If that's the case, Then we probably should try to swing a deal to reunite Kobe and Caron. Maybe offer Gil and Brendan for Kobe? Who knows, Kupchak may be dumb enough to take it. But that's besides the point. The only reason Eddie Jordan is still here is because he's Gilbert's boy. Grunfield is doing everything he can to try to entice Gil to come back next year and if that means keeping an awful coach on the team to appease, then so be it.

One thing I would definitely like to see is the trio of Pecherov, Nick Young, and Dominic Mcguire (who I think has HUGE potential, possibly the most out of the three) getting MUCH more playing time. We haven't had any rookies on the Wizards in years before this season and we really need to start developing them the right way especially with the looming threat of two of our big three leaving after this year.
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
I'm MrMundayNite, nice to meet you

Quote:
The only reason Eddie Jordan is still here is because he's Gilbert's boy. Grunfield is doing everything he can to try to entice Gil to come back next year and if that means keeping an awful coach on the team to appease, then so be it.
"FREEDOM WITHOUT OPPORTUNITY IS A DEVIL'S GIFT!!!

I completely agree with you on all points and have been saying this for the past two years. I honestly believe I could coach this team to 40 wins with all the talent we have. I KNOW I would do a better job of subbing guys in than Eddie does.

The fact that we STILL haven't made any improvements on defense is laughable. I refuse to believe that the players just aren't good defensive players, aside from maybe Jamison. You don't need to have great individual efforts on defense if your team can at least play a modicum of TEAM defense. We are probably one of the worst teams at playing team defense as far as help defense and making rotations.

It's disgusting.
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

jesus christ aren't you guys a team that normally gets hot during the middle/late in the season?

problems wit coaching? isn't it like 5 or 6 games in?

do you even give guys the chance to buy into the team's philosophy?
STREET. SMART. COOL. CAT. just add 577 more to my post count...www.primefresh.blogspot.com

Quote:
That's funny on soooooooooo many levels! Haha! You can't be a Zards' fan!
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......
I'm MrMundayNite, nice to meet you

Quote:
jesus christ aren't you guys a team that normally gets hot during the middle/late in the season?

problems wit coaching? isn't it like 5 or 6 games in?

do you even give guys the chance to buy into the team's philosophy?
s with the coach. How many years do we have to wait until everyone "buys" into EJ's philosophy? I see talent on this roster being squandered. I also see that when Dallas made the switch from Don Nelson to the Little General, they had a change in attitude and defensive awareness. I'm not asking for this team to make a COMPLETE 180, but I think that most of us would like to see improvement(s) made on both ends of the court. Like I said before, there are false promises made each and every year and it's getting old. Same old song and dance....I would agree with your last statement on giving the guys a chance to buy into what EJ wants, but this is year 4 bro....

Quote:
Rick Carlisle is available. If I were Wizards GM it would have been a no-brainer this past summer to can Fast Eddy and hire Carlisle (top-tier coach who stresses Defense).

Another problem is, they PREMATURELY re-upped EJ with an extension last summer....

Rick Carlisle is available. If I were Wizards GM it would have been a no-brainer this past summer to can Fast Eddy and hire Carlisle (top-tier coach who stresses Defense).
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James, D.Brown, S.Brown, Gibson, Hughes, Z, Damon, D.Jones, Marshall, Newble, Gooden, Bruise,Nichols, Simmons, Snow, Sasha​

Quote:
Who else has the luxury of having 3 all-stars in their line-up who are in their primes?
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

The Warriors want that number 1 pick.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Sigh...I like the Wiz, Gil, Deshawn, the whole team. But what is the problem? They aren't even putting up a fight. I didn't even watch tonight cuz the start was enough for me right there to change it.

I'm not sure about the coaching, but Gil might as well sit out. This is why I can't put him up there with the top top of the league. If dude isn't that injured to where he can play then he's got to be able to contribute in some other way to keep the game in reach. Maybe I shouldn't blame him.

Who knows man it seems like there is no life.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

Is Etan Thomas that critical to this team's success?

Damn Wiz, get it together.
Team Beatfactory L.L.C.

Quote:
and how does having 3 all-stars not look good on paper? what are you even talking about???

the team has as much talent as you can get, but is horribly coached. that is plain to see
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

the wizards have just as much depth as the Celtics and some of those other teams that are succeeding right now

the depth can be improved, but it is not the main cause for problems. even with some quality bench players the coach still refuses to let them develop
TEAM NTWikia

You guys need a shooter to spread the floor, maybe that would help. We'll give you Cook for Caron back.
TEAM XBOX360​
EAGLES LAKERS DODGERS

Back
Top Bottom