Who Would You Sign Next Summer: Ben Gordon Or Allen Iverson?

Simple question.

Just curious to hear some different opinions.

They both play very similar games (guys that NEED the ball to be effective... volume shooters... undersized for the 2 guard position).

BG wants big money (he rejected 11 mil per season already) and a long deal... AI will probably take a shorter deal and a pay-cut (but he'll still wantsemi-big money as well)...

But if you are a GM, who would you go after? And why?

For instance, the Bobcats, Bulls, Hornets, and Spurs all have possible openings. But which guy would be a better fit? AI or BG??

Discuss....

Ben Gordon because he isnt a scrub or cancer.

The Canswer.......
laugh.gif

now all of a sudden no one likes iverson? when he starts ballin again all of you are gonna be on his nuts again..

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

now all of a sudden no one likes iverson? when he starts ballin again all of you are gonna be on his nuts again..
He's not going to start ballin again.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

individually, he still has a ton of game man. just gotta find a place.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

individually, he still has a ton of game man. just gotta find a place.
The problem is that this is a team game. And his individual talents no longer trump team chemistry/play/etc..
AI was a beast.. His time has passed and he's gotta accept a lesser role..

If I'm on the younger side of the spectrum like the Bobcats or Bulls, I wouldn't want A.I. in the locker room. Yes, he plays hard on the court, but Ijust don't see him having an effect on a locker room like say, Chauncey.

As for the Hornets, CP3 needs the ball in his hands to be effective. 24 seconds in a shot clock is not enough time for CP3 and AI to co-exist handling theball.

Perhaps the Spurs wouldn't be too bad of a fit though. They have enough veterans and a no BS coach in Popovich to handle a personality like A.I.

So, to answer your question, I would probably sign BG since age is on his side.

Gordon is exactly what the Hornets need at the 2 spot. It would be a plus if he was a bit bigger.

AI is someone I don't want within 100 miles of my team.

BG

where are all the cryverson fans that used to flood this site a couple years ago?

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

BG

where are all the cryverson fans that used to flood this site a couple years ago?

Well.. 3 years ago AI was still an elite player..

Originally Posted by franchise3

Give me AI on the Rockets.

Two negatives in him + TMac = a positive = a dynasty

pimp.gif
Why not take Jamaal Tinsley too?

And Bonzi Wells back on the Rockets off the bench.

Hell, ask Rodman to unretire too.

Back
Top Bottom