Whoa Curren$y This Aint No Mixtape Dopest Album Of 09?

Originally Posted by MAW

I passed up on it. Gonna have to give it a listen
yeah I heard it was weak in comparison to his other tapes so I passed too, there's so much new $%#% coming out I'll DL something and justforget about it. Maybe i'll give it a spin.

its
pimp.gif

What makes it album of the year? Just curious. I mean I know why I feel the album I just want to hear your reasoning or anyone elses for why its album of theyear.

Dope.

rocyaice- My reason is because the production is on point. It goes right with Spitta's laid back flow.

Not to mention Curren$y's lyricism.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Dope.

rocyaice- My reason is because the production is on point. It goes right with Spitta's laid back flow.

Not to mention Curren$y's lyricism.
pimp.gif
Yea the vibe of the album is sort of on some Tribe Called Quest !@% to me which matches his flow perfectly. I f with the vibe. I'm on thefence about his lyricism though. I know he can spit. But what he's spitting about isn't really groundbreaking. I was just chillin' letting thealbum play so I couldn't really study the !@% he was saying. Gonna give the album a listen later on. Currensy will never make it on a major. He's theperfect cat that needs to go this indie route.

i sorta miss how he was spitting when he was with young money cause it was a mixture of the stuff he rap about now with some street stuff....now he doesnt sayanything street
smh.gif

It's definitely dope, far from album of the year tho... In fact, FutureStreet/DrugSounds>>>Aini't No Mixtape

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

i sorta miss how he was spitting when he was with young money cause it was a mixture of the stuff he rap about now with some street stuff....now he doesnt say anything street
smh.gif
Yeah, I noticed that.

But he probably left the"street" rap alone this time around because wouldn't go with the vibe of the album.

Imagine him talking about shootouts over the "Power Button" beat.
laugh.gif

Yea the vibe of the album is sort of on some Tribe Called Quest !@% to me which matches his flow perfectly. I f with the vibe. I'm on the fence about his lyricism though. I know he can spit. But what he's spitting about isn't really groundbreaking. I was just chillin' letting the album play so I couldn't really study the !@% he was saying. Gonna give the album a listen later on. Currensy will never make it on a major. He's the perfect cat that needs to go this indie route.
I just like his style of rapping. He's no Illmatic Nas, but he's no slouch either. There are some slick lines in there.
pimp.gif

wouldn't call it album of the year but its very dope and some of the best i heard in music this year

i sorta miss how he was spitting when he was with young money cause it was a mixture of the stuff he rap about now with some street stuff....now he doesnt say anything street
smh.gif
Yeah, I noticed that.

But he probably left the"street" rap alone this time around because wouldn't go with the vibe of the album.

laugh.gif

He's been left the street rap alone because it's not who he is. He's admitted that everything he rapped about during his YM days wasn't himand that Wayne practically forced him to spit about that kinda of %*#%. I enjoy YM spitta to I'm just saying don't really expect to hear much of thatin the future.

whoa calmmmm down with this being album of 09
laugh.gif

This is hot but it aint no damn best album of 09 material
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamaco

smh.gif
Yeah, I noticed that.

laugh.gif

He's been left the street rap alone because it's not who he is. He's admitted that everything he rapped about during his YM days wasn't him and that Wayne practically forced him to spit about that kinda of %*#%. I enjoy YM spitta to I'm just saying don't really expect to hear much of that in the future.
Yea on "Tiltle Track" he says
"The first rap i wrote was five pages filld of bull_ and lies,
about me killing _ and flipping pies,
but when i got by myself i found myself,"

and even on his twitter he said,
when i was runnin younger i didnt smoke weed so i didnt rap about doing it...but i wld write about murdering people with assault rifles smh
so no more killer spitta
laugh.gif

CD was alright imo...kinda too laid back imo...like some put you to sleep type %$#%...

Back
Top Bottom