Who's the most lyrical southern rapper ever? Past n Present

Originally Posted by solarius49

3000, Face, Big Boi, OLD Wayne, Bun B, Luda
TI is sick, but, he's not close to these people as far as pure lyrics. His flow and subject to matter is top notch though.

Huge mistake not mentioning Cee-Lo. Too bad he don't even rap anymore.

Wayne had cool bars for a mixtape, but he wasnt making songs that have depth/meaning and lyrics like Scarface and 3 stacks. Wayne is not capable of that. In other words, never mention wayne in a topic like this.

Forgot about Killer Mike, he def deserves a mention.

And I know cats don't like including Cole in the southern convo but he would be close to the top of that list if he applied.

Clipse too.

Y'all forgot how raw Juvenile used to be before Ca$h Money blew up?
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

He single handedly made Ca$h Money a force in the entire south and got them that Universal Deal. Blee dat play bwoi...

JUST LISTEN.

Also people sleep on 8ball.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Y'all forgot how raw Juvenile used to be before Ca$h Money blew up?
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

He single handedly made Ca$h Money a force in the entire south and got them that Universal Deal. Blee dat play bwoi...

JUST LISTEN.

Also people sleep on 8ball.
No joke was going to post that exact song + Gone Ride With Me, and a few others
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
but I was always under the impression that B.G and U.N.L.V were the ones who blew Cash Money up, then wen B.G got locked up they basically gave Juve the green light?

B.G. was popular, but when Ca$h Money signed Juvie who before that, was signed to Warlock Records (a New York label that had The Jungle Brothers at one point) they really took off.

Not downing B.G., because back then he was spitting, but Juvie brought a whole new sound to Ca$h Money in terms of lyrics. He was influenced by New York hip hop while the rest of Ca$h Money was influenced by the West Coast sound. In fact, Mannie Fresh made West Coast sounding beats before Juvie jumped on the label. B.G. had to drop "Bling Bling" which wasn't even his style of music to blow up. B.G.'s style was rapping about murdering and robbing drug dealers.

When 400 degrees originally dropped it caught ears outside of the south, which eventually led to it redropping with Jay-Z on a remix of "Ha". There are two versions of that album because of that. Universal took notice and decided Ca$h Money could make it.

I remember Foxy Brown mentioning Juvie in The Source before he blew up. She said she listened to his album and he was gonna be big.

Notice in this video, Juvie is the star...

Sad thing is, that wasn't even Cee-Lo's best verse. He went IN on A LOT of Goodie Mob tracks. Exhibit A: @ 2:29

damn all ive heard from dude was that "f you" track lol i thought dude was a joke till now very surprised

Pimp C is one of my favorites, but I know most dudes can't get past his accent and voice.

But he is the main reason that UGK double disk was as dope as it was. Bun B, fell off a while back. Pimp spit some of the realest $++# on that double album.

But let's go back to '96. Whole album is a certified classic.

Originally Posted by Lunchbox

damn that boy cee-lo killed it, i never knew his goofy #%$ could spit like that

Cee ain't nothin' to scoff at man. Money can RHYME. Folks get it twisted because some of the %%%* he releases is out there.

Originally Posted by Lunchbox

damn all ive heard from dude was that "f you" track lol i thought dude was a joke till now very surprised
Where you been man
laugh.gif
? Do yourself a favor and hit up amazon.com for his 2002 album 'Cee-Lo Green & His Perfect Imperfections'.
It's a great album. I would say it's his best solo work before he went 3K left-field on people. And his verse on Goodie Mob's "Goodie

Bag" is 
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

2 words.....pimp tight
It's sad how badly overlooked Ball & G are when it comes to being lyrical. Like somebody pointed out in another thread, lyrical isn't all
about big words and intricate rhymes schemes. Ball & G have forever been telling real stories in their rhymes, with pure feeling and emotion,

and just overall made great songs.That's the same feeling i get from listening to Krit's music.

Back
Top Bottom