Why are 90% of "heads" such jerks/snobs...what happened to the love bro

You gotta keep conversations to a minimum or avoid them, I going to the mall for jordans is too much of a hassle anyway

and if you wear some heat and decide to be different they want to buy them off your feet right then and there like its normal to walk around in socks

There are alot of cool "sneakerheads" yung n old now tho

Last edited:
Stop wearing Jordan's...expand your collection.

Jordans have by far the worst collectors than any other brand of sneaker.
My j's collect dust for the simple fact I don't want to be walking around wearing the same things these kids are wearing. I don't need these little grimey kids staring at my feet.

And it's just not comfortable anymore to be walking around in basketball shoes.

But there are still a lot of cool people. The bad ones just stick out

Last edited:
Only pair of Js I ever liked was 11 space jams and breds. Never owned any other jordans. Being from dc, was always into foams, flights, ACGs, anything but jordans really lol.

shoe game today is garbage anyway. I remember being in high school back in 97...when you walked in the shoe store, you'd insta-chub from all the magic on the wall. You could point out a solid dozen of shoes you just HAD to have. Walk in the store today, and it's like ehh...maybe 2-3. it's dad man, I feel sorry for the teenage kids today who consider themselves "shoe heads." They ain't got **** but retro jordans and Lebrons in 17 different colorways. Not to be that annoying 30-something dude who talks about the old days (lol ), but the little Hugh school homies I see at the barbershop talking about their jordans have absolutely no idea what the shoe game really is :frown:

You don't have to move on...you can love the culture and cop your kicks, just don't try to socialize with these clowns....I don't even know why you would want to
roll.gif
100% of this. I enjoy sneakers and still buy (too many of) them, but I'm not really looking for any camaraderie in the hobby. If I'm wearing an older pair and someone mentions it, cool, but otherwise I'd rather buy my shoes and leave if I'm in a store.

It took you till your early 20's to SAVE up for a pair of 130-150$ sneakers? Damb...

And as far as your concern, yeah these dudes are snobs nowadays, with even more reason I want to distance myself as far as possible from the culture I once loved...I don't want to chat or affiliate myself with any of these cats that claim the sneaker game now...I suggest you do the same, I honestly find anyone trying to talk to me about sneakers really corny..

I hear people saying they distance themselves from the culture. I agree with dudes being snobs, and they dont necessarily have to be just young cuz there are grown men just as bad. But i dont feel the need to distance myself. I can care less about what theyre about, how they carry themselves, etc. Cuz I know I'm not anything like them. And I wont let those fools make me appreciate the culture any less.

I dont wear sneakers as much anymore, but I still love em.

You don't have to move on...you can love the culture and cop your kicks, just don't try to socialize with these clowns....I don't even know why you would want to :rofl:

EDIT: nvm all of this

Last edited:
"Culture"? :lol:

Is there a t shirt culture? Jeans culture? We all buy groceries, are we in the Walmart grocery section culture? :rofl: that determination to belong created that tag, but in reality it's all nonsense.

Last edited:

Is there a t shirt culture? Jeans culture? We all buy groceries, are we in the Walmart grocery section culture? :rofl: that determination to belong created that tag, but in reality it's all nonsense.

I'm saying b. They taking this buying sneaker thing way too serious.

im with you OP...

i only buy shoes that bring that nostalgia feel back and i be damn if i spend over 130 for that feeling. i have adult bills to pay now.

i just hate the clone mentally people have with sneakers. i dont even look at Jordans or Foams(unless its pearls or royals) anymore society has killed it for me with them.

Last edited:
General likes to pretend like we dont care about sneakers, but lets be pharrell here....most of us stay on NT to keep a half eye on releases.

It's one thing to like to see what's coming up, deals, ect. It's another to base you life around shoes and claiming it's who you are :lol:

I'm not saying people shouldn't live that way, go ahead, I'm just saying I think it's completely stupid. Just my opinion

Last edited:
there are snobs in every 'culture'

sneakers, beer, coffee, etc.

guess you right bc i can be a sports snob.

like having a conversation with someone and you immediately realize they dont know what they are talking about in relation to sports.. i just shut down and stop talking.

Last edited:

I remember a few months ago seeing someone post a pic in my somewhat local group and it said 'first pair of joggers' and someone replied with 'welcome to the culture' or something along those lines. :lol: so yes, apparently there is a jogger culture too :lol:

I just don't like the hype associated with the releases anymore. I got to get raffle tickets, hit refresh on my browser 20 times, and pay a $190 price tag if I'm lucky to get these shoes? Or better yet camp out in front of a mall with dudes I don't even like to get a pair? Nah man yakk can have all that. If I happen to walk in and find a cool pair somewhere (Bordeaux VII's sat on shelves back in the day, same with some Questions) I'll grab it, but all that extra BS isn't for me.

Now that that is over, there are two types of "heads", the cool ones and the snobs. Whenever I find myself talking about a subject I find interesting like Android, cars or whatever I try to not sound snobbish because it annoys me when others do it

there are snobs in every 'culture'

sneakers, beer, coffee, etc.
guess you right bc i can be a sports snob.

like having a conversation with someone and you immediately realize they dont know what they are talking about in relation to sports.. i just shut down and stop talking.
Lulz I do this all the time.

But i wouldnt say that's snobby per se, its more recognizing your audience?  
laugh.gif

This thread sounds like a bunch of snobs who think they're not snobs, complaining about other snobs who think they're not snobs.

Back
Top Bottom