Why are 90% of "heads" such jerks/snobs...what happened to the love bro

I know nobody cares but I wanted to make a thread so I could cry about the state of todays game. I grew up watching MJ actually wearing his shoes and winning NBA titles, scoring titles, MVP, etc. My parents were definitely not wealthy, we never went hungry but no mater how much I pleaded and begged and attempted to bribe they just could not afford to get me a pair of J's. In fact I didn't get my first pair of Jordan's until I was in my early 20s after saving up my OWN money, it was the best feeling in the world after waiting all those years. Now I myself have a 5 year old son and money isn't  neccessarliy tight but by no means can I justify spending 170-200$ on one pair of awfully crafted retro Jordans. I have slowly built my collection by traveling to all the outlets within a 2 hour drive a couple times a year and getting shoes I actually like for at least 50% off retail. I just don't understand todays sneaker culture. Whenever I check out the local spots or Jimmy Jazz or even the outlets other "heads" there and employees see I have some AF1s or maybe a lesser desired pair of 3s that I like or whatever I happen to have on that day and immediately act like I am beneath them. I get its always been sort of a pissing contest but the thing is they are all wearing the same goddamn pair of the newest hot Jordan retro and I can walk through the entire mall and not see anyone else wearing my shoes. I just don't understand who and when everyone decided that if you refuse to cough up 200$ for one pair of retros you aren't a sneakerhead. I know 10x more than all of these ******* posers about the shoes THEY have on. I try to talk kicks with them and if its anything other than retros released in the past year they just stare blankly back. I just don't get it. Oh well I will continue to do me and look damn good doing it and not like every other guy walking around the mall in whatever released the last weekend. /rant

You're growing up. Hopefully those kids at the mall realize what they are doing wrong but most of them will be in over $10K credit card debt still living with their mamas.

Why you worried about them cats op.

And where did you get 90% i dont think that is correct.

It took you till your early 20's to SAVE up for a pair of 130-150$ sneakers? Damb...

And as far as your concern, yeah these dudes are snobs nowadays, with even more reason I want to distance myself as far as possible from the culture I once loved...I don't want to chat or affiliate myself with any of these cats that claim the sneaker game now...I suggest you do the same, I honestly find anyone trying to talk to me about sneakers really corny..

It took you till your early 20's to SAVE up for a pair of 130-150$ sneakers? Damb...

And as far as your concern, yeah these dudes are snobs nowadays, with even more reason I want to distance myself as far as possible from the culture I once loved...I don't want to chat or affiliate myself with any of these cats that claim the sneaker game now...I suggest you do the same, I honestly find anyone trying to talk to me about sneakers really corny..
I think I was 21....Moms split when I was younger so my checks went straight to helping my Dad from 16 on until I moved out at 21. I don't go out of my way to talk kicks, just when a group of dudes is sitting there saying yo can I get these KD icecreams in a mens size and I say they only released in kids and they are just clueless.

I don't know I'm just salty and probably jealous they have what I want and pissed I can't move off of sneakers, they are just goddamn shoes but I can't stop.

Last edited:
You don't have to move on...you can love the culture and cop your kicks, just don't try to socialize with these clowns....I don't even know why you would want to :rofl:

they are just goddam shoes

I disagree

You could dismiss sneakers as some­thing frivolous and ultimately irrelevant, but we all have to wear some­thing, and what we wear says alot about who we are and how we see ourselves.

As far as the people youre talking about yea i see that around more n more. But i literally give less than a **** if someone thinks they know more about sneakers than me lol.
I never go outta my way to have discussions about it but i will if someone brings it up.

Honestly i think youre letting it get to you 2 much.

Last edited:
No need to get mad at these people, not everyone is a walking encyclopedia on kicks. A lot of people just cop the latest pair of Jordans to be fly, can't get mad at that. As for you feeling people treat you as beneath them maybe that's just the vibe you have, that might be a personal thing and not related to kicks.

How can you call them the snobs when you start off your post about how you used to watch jordan play and actually wear the shoes people these days are buying? Buy the shoes and walk out the store.

As much as I want to disagree this is probably truth.
yea you gotta work on your confidence man. There will always be one jerk who acts like everyone is beneath them but if you notice it at a widespread level then it's probably on you.

Yeah OP sounds more like an insecurity issue, them dudes were probably looking at you weird because you just jumped into their conversation...lol

Shots_Fired.gif

How can you call them the snobs when you start off your post about how you used to watch jordan play and actually wear the shoes people these days are buying? Buy the shoes and walk out the store.

I wanted to post this. People say "I watched MJ play" like that entitles them to something.

Last edited:
When I use to buy shoes in store I didn't give a damn about why anybody else was there or what they were doing/saying. I walked in, copped, and went home.

The "love" got good jobs, had kids, and found better hobbies.

Spoiled youngins with expensive computers and parents and/or weed money run the "game" now

if any store around you does happen to have a camp out compare the conversation to camp outs 5 years ago. It will be totally different. Galaxy Foams and yeezy 2s ended the era you loved. it's ok to let go now. sell that collection that you never wear. keep your grails. cop a porsche. Then go to the mall and flex on them in their fragment 1s. It'l be way more satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom