Why are basketball shorts so goddamn long?

Lol wasnt there a game one season that gilbert, hughes and antawn jamison got in trouble for rocking shorts to big, so the next game they all wore super short,shorts?

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Yeah, I agree. I really don't know what shorter people do. I'm 5'11, and I just bought a pair of Small Jordan shorts, and they go past my knees.
eyes.gif

Mannn Nike System Of Dress is crazy Big. I remember like 2004 everyone I knew used to buy XXL shorts so they would hang past your knee... now I buy SOD inLarge and they down to my calf

the nike college twill shorts from the past couple years are dumb long.

fam these are UNC XL twils from last yr, down to my calf

eb715bed4eaf0dcfce751153d9264e79827e7aa.jpg

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Mannn Nike System Of Dress is crazy Big. I remember like 2004 everyone I knew used to buy XXL shorts so they would hang past your knee... now I buy SOD in Large and they down to my calf

eek.gif
That's crazy long.
laugh.gif
At first I thought it was a pic ofyou taking a rush limbaugh.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Mannn Nike System Of Dress is crazy Big. I remember like 2004 everyone I knew used to buy XXL shorts so they would hang past your knee... now I buy SOD in Large and they down to my calf

Good ol' Gunna cam!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
airmax

granted theres a lil sag but they not hangin off my !%# but they not jacked up to my belly button
laugh.gif

I agree that there are a lot of basketball shorts on the market right now that are way too long - Jordan Brand in particular. I like my shorts to come justabout to my knee and I can tolerate shorts that go below the need slightly. Finding shorts that I like fit-wise is sometimes tough because I'm only5'7'. I've had the most success by staying away from shorts that are sold specifically for basketball. I've got some Champion rugby shorts,which I got from Sports Authority, that are a perfect length. I also have some Adidas ClimaCool training shorts that are good too.

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

I'm too short for today's basketball shorts. They look ridiculous on me now.

co-sign. I'm 5'8 and almost everything nowdays is unwearable or just looks plain stupid on me. Even regular, plain Nike or Adidas basketball shortsare well below the knee. The only Nike basketball shorts that are a little shorter and work ok for me are the $40 silk screen replicas. And I have a 2 pairsof authentic Bucks shorts that work. One from the couple of years Starter provided the gear and one pair from the Puma years. They are both mid-kneecaplength. Starting with Rbk and now Adidas, NBA authentics are way longer than they were.

Yeah, I like the more generic type shorts rather than specifically labeled basketball shorts from companies like Jordan Brand or regular Nike. I ain't awoman, MC Hammer, or a clown. BBall shorts should not go down to your calves or ankles. You look like a fool wearing shorts that floppy and long. It's justas bad as those short shorts from the 80s and earlier.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i dont wear jordan shorts...jordan shorts are made like jordan wears his jeans, oversized and baggy..

real talk, go get your nike shorts at JCPenney. All the shorts in the shoe stores are oversized.

co sign...dont get the "Brand name" nike shorts if that makes sense, just get the generic nike bball shorts. fit perfect...actually after a wash someof mine are kinda too short for my liking

Am I the only one that caught the fact that dude is 6'0" and bought a pair of kids XL shorts?
laugh.gif

I have been saying this for a couple years. I wear a sz medium in nike basketball shorts now and they are about an inch longer then I would like. I am 5-11.Five years ago I would get XL, sometimes XXL. In NBA authentic I get a 34 and fit perfect

1- I will also vouch for the FootLocker mesh shorts. Really the perfect basketball short: pockets, hits just below the knee, not super baggy.

2- I think aside from length, excessive baggyness is also a problem. Bought some Jordan shorts at an outlet and they are wide enough that I can put both legsinto one leg opening. Way, way too much material there. Same with some Arizona college shorts that I bought.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Shorts that are too baggy look just as ridiculous as the XXS shorts from the 80s.

2rpxszq.jpg

Lookin like a God damn fool.
smh.gif
Looks like a character from NBA Street
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom