Why are drugs bad?

Serious question.
Why is drug use looked down upon in our society?

I know I personally look down on people who blaze everyday or who use coke/ecstasy even if it is "reasonable" amounts.

Why is this? I could care less if people do it as long as it doesn't hurt me but it does bother me when my friends do it. 

I think they don't wanna release our inner creativity.Steve jobs said after acid his life changed and everyone should try itonce

Anyone know where I can get some promethazine/codine cough syrup.... I have a bad cough

imo, many drugs aren't bad if used in moderation...but many people don't use in moderation, they abuse it.

cause thats what the government wants u to think..

nothing wrong with weed though. and i do hallucinogens(shrooms, acid) like twice a year. nice way to "expand" your mind.
wish i could get some DMT

Spoiler [+]
akira2%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

Drugs at least for the most part are extremely addicting and have negative effects later. Yeah Weed may be on the LOWER end of the addiction/effect scale just like alcohol and Tobacco but powders and Opium DESTROY PEOPLE.

B/c they need people to maintain the prison system and a reason to expand the police force aka create jobs.  

Drugs also cause people to disregard the search function that can be used to find dozens of similar topics  
wink.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Drugs at least for the most part are extremely addicting and have negative effects later. Yeah Weed may be on the LOWER end of the addiction/effect scale just like alcohol and Tobacco but powders and Opium DESTROY PEOPLE.
Some of you need to educate yourselves instead of just blatantly accepting whatever is shoved in your face.
laugh.gif
at alcohol and tobacco being on the "lower" end of the spectrum. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Some of you need to educate yourselves instead of just blatantly accepting whatever is shoved in your face.
laugh.gif

2 of the most addicting substances
30t6p3b.gif

But yeah, some drugs arent bad for you relatively speaking. But some are, those are the bad ones, and those need to be avoided. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif
Alcohol and Tobacco won't change your BODY CHEMISTRY AFTER 1-2 uses. Yea they have effects but all drugs have effects 

Because it says it in the law book.

Alcohol and cigarettes aren't bad because it says it's ok in the law book.

Tune in tomorrow and we'll learn why black people are bad.

Originally Posted by Swamp

ya drugs are bad……. but the ones the government says ok are fine..

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Yea they tried to OUTLAW for alcohol and we all know how that went plus cigarettes they are taxing that to death.

Those are legal because those two have been apart of American culture since the colonies. Alcohol has been engraved in human history for centuries. Making that illegal goes nowhere. 

Yea they tried to OUTLAW for alcohol and we all know how that went plus cigarettes they are taxing that to death.

Those are legal because those two have been apart of American culture since the colonies. Alcohol has been engraved in human history for centuries. Making that illegal goes nowhere. 

And drugs haven't been in human history for centuries?

And drugs haven't been in human history for centuries?
Yes they have been here since day one and different drugs are accepted in different culture. In America we have alcohol and tobacco plus in maybe half a decade weed.  

I think you are interpreting my question too narrowly.
For example, I don't want to associate with people who get incredibly drunk in a similar way I don't want to associate with people who snort coke or do heroin.

Is there an element of unpredictability with these kinds of people that makes others uneasy?

Back
Top Bottom