WHY ARE JORDANS SO EXPENSIVE IN CANADA????????????

Can somebody please explain to me why jordans cost up to 40% more of what they cost in the USA? The XI low cost 189 here.The Fire Red IIIs cost 200, The Fire Red Vs cost 210. The Canadian dollar is worth about 95 cent of the American dollar and its rising. That doesnt even out

I used to live in Canada and it was pretty damn frustrating.

When I worked at Athletes World, I remember the Jordan XVIs were $230 and the Flightposite IIs were $250, yet in the US the two shoes were the same price :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
NiceKicks.com - Daily info about Air Force Ones, Air Jordans, and many other kicks

because prices were set years ago when the dollar was 1.60 to the american dollar...... also JB will say that shipping to Canada costs them alot.... And most importantly Canadians still buy Jordans at high prices

Wow those are crazy prices
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

they think its all rich people up here they think because the unemployment rate is so low that everyone has money just look @ r taxes

As posted in earlier replies, it's because our dollar hasn't always been as strong as it is now, and Nike doesn't adjust their retail prices with the strength of our dollar. I have heard that if our dollar continues to stay strong, Nike may look at adjusting their retail prices as early as next spring.

I'm still in shock at the XX2 5/8... $124.99 USD and $219.99 CAD.
-blazers21ntnp-
airjordan11@gmail.com

The high tax and something else I can't think off. The good thing is at least their J stay on the rack for days and month while most retro fly off the self over here. :wow:
eek.gif
When I hitted up Canada last November,the blk cat IV were cost 178 canadian dollar. Who the hell got the right mind to cop it for that much. :smh:
smh.gif

Oh well, I rarely hit up Canada anyway. :stoneface:
indifferent.gif

Canada is all about taxes, we get killed wit taxes...i buy damn near everything in the States, so i don't really care.

SMH @ me copping mili's for $130 CDN in the States and the price up here being damn near double that when you factor in the taxes. It's an easy decision, cross boarder shopping all day every day.
looking for (sz 12-13):
safari dunk high
AM1 NL cement (black)
blazers (viotech/pinstripe)
sb classics

i would have never thought canada would catch up, but anyway u guys have free health care, so it evens out lol jp
"SPOTTIN FAKE JORDANS NO LONGER A HABBIT BUT A JOB"
got a pair of navy XVI sz 10 holla jdhillon23 for my aim

Quote:
As posted in earlier replies, it's because our dollar hasn't always been as strong as it is now, and Nike doesn't adjust their retail prices with the strength of our dollar. I have heard that if our dollar continues to stay strong, Nike may look at adjusting their retail prices as early as next spring.

I'm still in shock at the XX2 5/8... $124.99 USD and $219.99 CAD.

This is true, they are considering it, but why?

The price of bread doesn't change in Canada because of the weakness of the American dollar...

It isn't that Jordan's are expensive in Canada, it is ONLY that the exchange rate is favorable for people who are paid in Canadian dollars to convert them to US dollars and come to the US and pay in US dollars and buy Jordan's...

Seriously...why is this so hard to understand?

They are ONLY considering it because, even though they would lose margin on each shoe sold, they don't want to continue to sell considerably less shoes, thus shrinking their overall revenue...

JM
"I am making a comment by not making a comment," [Hank] Aaron told The Associated Press on Monday.

i went to canada last summer, they had mars for 175 there, crazy prices. but at least the GRs stay on the shelves for a long time
FOR SALE:
OG COLUMBIAS SIZE 11
If You are a Serious about buying these PM me of Pics
$225 shipped

TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
> SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998 <​

Quote:
i went to canada last summer, they had mars for 175 there, crazy prices. but at least the GRs stay on the shelves for a long time
:smh:
smh.gif
TEAM [Scrubs]
TEAMCANADA
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.​

The people have answered your question. But really though, I don't really care, I just buy them off eBay. Sure, it might still end up more expansive then what the USA gets their shoes for, but still, I ain't complaining. I just recently paid $142CAD Shipped for my Kobe II ST instead of $250CAD taxes included, which is what I would have paid in a FootLocker. I saved $100 right there by not supporting Nike Canada's rape prices...you should do the same.

After trying to do it for 2 years I cant bring myself to buy anything at canadian retail prices.Canada has alot of tariffs and stuff on products imported in so I think that contributes to the higher prices.Add that to retail prices dictated by the old higher exchange rate.Its mainly meant to discourage americans from coming to canada and spending their money in canada when you think about it.Even with the 50% employee sales at footlockers it only makes it us retail price.I dont think we'll ever get a straight answer.No retailer or company is going to adjust their prices because the canadian dollar has improved over the last year.It needs to stay at the level it is at now consistantly for over 5 years for something like that to happen.And honestly the us dollar is one new president away from the economy coming back up and increasing the value of the usd thus lowering the value of the canadian dollar.
check out my blog unds'ed/

For me, I just go with the mindset that Jordans always cost that much, around $220. I don't know that they will discount everything we sell here in Canada that is also sold in America because the American dollar is sinking. People are still making the same money now as they were making when the Canadian dollar was a lesser value, just as Jordans have generally been around $220 now as they have been back then.

What I don't like is when Americans think we are getting ripped off. Why? Because they're gradually able to buy less and less from Canada with their sinking dollar and we're gradually able to buy more and more from America with our rising dollar? In a sense, we are kinda ripping them off because we don't have to spend as much as we did before to buy stuff from them now.

Quote:
it is ONLY that the exchange rate is favorable for people who are paid in Canadian dollars to convert them to US dollars and come to the US and pay in US dollars and buy Jordan's...

Why would you want to come to another country and buy stuff? spend money in the canadian economy. I think Nike/Jordan should readjust their prices

thats why the big difference in customs allowances.for 24 hours a canadian can spend 50.00 cad an american can come to canada and spend 500 usd before customs kicks in.Canada doesnt want canadians spending their money elsewhere while the US knows retail prices are higher in canada so if you manage to spend 500 in a one day trip to canada you bought less with more money.Canadian customs seems to be stepping up as well cause Ive been hit with customs on a couple of 20.00 gift packages.One package that actually revalued to 120.00.needless to say I was just a little bit upset at that one.
check out my blog unds'ed/

yea..i vow not to shop in canada...as for customs...i tell whoever is driving to go to the fastest line LOL..lemme just say a couple days ago cutoms didnt't even ask for papers..or ID
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: |Andrea Bargnani|Chris Bosh|Jose Calderon|T.J. Ford|Jorge Garbajosa|Anthony Parker| ::.​

You know its messed up right but see this. The 1 lows is 159, some zoom trainers are 139, both CAD. In the states the same 1s are 89 when the trainers are 99. Now how does that make sense?

I thought they had alot of fake sin canda but they charg eu more enws to me i thought use got stuff cehaper over there

Back
Top Bottom