Why are Jordans so hard to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: 1. YUKU stinks for editing
2. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RECENTLY RELEASED JORDANS! I am not an idiot, I know supply and demand (I am double majoring in Economics), and I know aboutreselling. Why are certain Jordans that are older much harder to find? Jordans that people did not even think of reselling. I ask to stir up conversationnot hate from all the e-thugs.

Here is a question that I feel requires intelligent and thought out responses (something not usually brought up in the Jordan Brand forum): Why are Jordanshard to find after the release date? I am not saying a couple of weeks after the date. I am asking, why is it so hard to find Jordans years after release?

Is it hard to find Jordans because they were popular at the release date and people wore them all? Most collectible Jordans are still relatively easy to find.Even black Cement III's can be found in decent size.

Is it hard to find Jordans because they sold terribly, went to the clearance rack, and non-collectors bought them for cheap and wore the hell out of them?

I am interested to see why you guys think it is hard to find certain Jordans.

Which one are u talkin bout biglefty23??
--TEAM STOP SNITCHIN--OG MEMBER #1--

I gotta shoe fettish I be in shoe city every week fifty pairs of new nike airs aint cheap..

Jordans are hard to find because everybody and their mothers are buying them and keeping them in their closets. So they can sell them ten years from now andmake a profit. Not realizing that everybody is thinking the exact thing.

Jordans are hard to find because everybody and their mothers are buying them and keeping them in their closets. So they can sell them ten years from now and make a profit. Not realizing that everybody is thinking the exact thing.

Basically. I never thought of it that way though.

Is it hard to find Jordans because they sold terribly, went to the clearance rack, and non-collectors bought them for cheap and wore the hell out of them?
Exactly...

JM

mad.gif
Damn Resellers

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

Here is a question that I feel requires intelligent and thought out responses (something not usually brought up in the Jordan Brand forum)

It's common sense really. You ever notice how there's usually a line of people, all from differentwalks of life, in front of your local shoe store a few Saturdays out of the month? Well imagine that same line in front of every other American shoe store thatsells Jordans.

People want the shoes, so they do what they have to do to get them. Some buy more than one pair for different reasons.

So the shoes that you think are hard to find might be stashed away in your neighbors closet or underneath the bed of someone who were determined to get theshoe on the release date.

Granted, some people do the re-selling thing. You might find a pair of Aquas on ebay right now for under retail tomorrow, and then ten years from then, thesame shoe will be posted again. By then, the people who couldn't find them (i.e. people like you who ask questions like this) would be willing to pay muchmore for the shoe because they deem the item "hard to find".

Did I meet the intelligent requirements?

You guys are missing some points that I meant.
1. Original Grape V's are very heard to find. I think it is because they were hated at first, went to clearance racks and then people bought them for$19.99 and wore them because they were an "ugly color" of an Air Jordan.

2. I am not talking about recent shoes. I could care less if it is hard to find DTRT III's because they are terrible (or other recent crap that has comeout). I am asking, where are all the black/red xvi's? They sold very well and no one is keeping them deadstock. I want to find white/blue xvii's too.They were $99.99 at the outlets and are no where to be found now. Where are all of the original II lows? I know those didn't sell well.

3. Intelligent meaning I am not asking "When do the black/red xv's drop? Are they gonna be worth a grip so I can flip em and take my girl out forMacD's?"

And solesurvivor, no you don't.

I feel you completely

i can testify to why XVIs are hard to find, hell i had both the black/red and white/navy, i wore the%*@* of them too. like most people probably did before thiscollecting craze hit. and finding a DS pair size 10 is the hardest to find, but come to for the XVI/VII pack release we'll see more OG pairs available

as for XVIIs i dont know, i need a new pair of white/blue and white/red, size 10 gotta be the hardest to find DS

and for a more recent Jordan, for some reason i cant find a pair of white/black/red XXIs DS size 9.5-10

i do believe that a lot of people are buying them now to try and sell later

That's just something that's not going to change anytime soon. Jordans have always been and especially now very popular in today's culture.They're basically a fashion symbol more now than they were in MJ's playing days hence people like Kanye West. People are not stupid and in the darkanymore and collecting shoes of all different varieties is a competition. At any given moment, the most avid collector can flip his collection because he'stired of it or just needs to make a quick profit.

As for the recent Jordan models such as the 16's and 17's and such......theoretically speaking I believe people buy them to rock and usually keep theother older retros in better shape. Some buy just to hold on to and flip them 5-10 years from now because they are OG's. In ending, I don't blame orfault anyone for wanting Jordans...why complain? Everyone here wants and likes them. It's just a fact of life. Life is competitive in all facets andfinding and collecting Jordans is the same thing. Think ahead of time if a Jordan comes out so you can be on top of your game, not the other way around.

5 years on NT and u ant figure that question out. quanty and demand. demand when they release were low cuz it was GR. yrs went by people beat throw away theirkicks and collectors want the pairs that remain fresh

only comment imma put is that the dtrt colorway is by far the worst colorway that will ever exist in this world forever and ever and ever and yes... EVER

Originally Posted by Ace3han

Jordans are hard to find because everybody and their mothers are buying them and keeping them in their closets. So they can sell them ten years from now and make a profit. Not realizing that everybody is thinking the exact thing.
exactly.

Why are certain Jordans that are older much harder to find? Jordans that people did not even think of reselling.

I think you just answered your own question. Same reason I can't find Laney's in my size, when they released originally I bought a pair and rockedthe*%@# out of them. I would like to have another but oh well, life goes on.

1) Air Jordan's Jumpman symbol, McDonald's Golden Arches, Nike's Swoosh... All known & purchased by the billions of humans on the planet Earth.

2) Air Jordan Sneakers: Demanded by billions, produced in hundred thousands

3) Production divided by demand equates to no remainders.

WORD TO Pi!!!

But to answer your question about why older shoes like say OG Grapes or even say Retro Mocha's are hard to find, simple hypothesis.

Say you're the highschool nerd (individual from a low income household). You don't get girls because basically you're a nerd, you're ugly,smell funny, weird, whatever have you (you or your folks can't afford them at the MSRP).

Now say while you attend school, you and all the boys at your school (other people who want Jordans but can't afford them at retail) fantasize about datingany one of the girls on the cheerleading squad because basically they're the best looking girls at your school (Footlocker, etc...) and dating one of themwould give you notoriety. Hell you even wish you were a jock (Jordan Brand Athlete) just so you would have first shot at dating a pair.. errr... I meancheerleader.

Now say one year for whatever reason a new freshman girl makes the squad, but she's not as goodlooking to most as the rest of the cheerleaders (ex. OGGrape V's compared to the OG Black V's, or Mocha III's compared to Retro Cement III's). None of the other boys at your school even like her, soshe ends up becoming available for you the nerd to try to persue (buy at a discounted price or at an outlet for half off) and you start dating her. Yall startdating, then you get married and have kids (wear the*%*! out of the shoe). Let's also say other nerds do this to other unsuspecting unattractivecheerleaders (Ginger XVI's, Hare VII's, Low Top II's, etc...).

Then one day 20 years from now a few boys from that same class look thru their old yearbooks and spot some of the cheerleaders they passed on and think tothemselves, "Hey, what was I thinking... She was hot!... If she had a daughter that looked just like her (RETRO JORDANS, Ugly LS colorways, Laser V's,etc...), I'd hit it!"

Lefty I see what you are saying, its a mixture of everything you brought up....people collecting kicks aside (since its a more modern thing, even though veryfew people were doing it back in the day)... Certain models did not sell, certain models were so popular that people bought them and rocked them hard, certainmodels went on super sale and people finally bought them up and beat them up (laney V's near me went on super sale, a tear jerking 9.99 no joke!!!!) Certain 7,8,9,10's are hard to get in OG cuz the colors were jacked up to people did not like them at the time and now they are looked at as collectorsitems....

Its the same thing for early Air Max models and trainers too, people slept and now they want what they missed out on, since nobody came out of pocket then,there are very few pairs to be had now......

thats my best guess....

Brand Jordan limits supply to increase demand. Think about it, if everyone had a pair and they were readily available, would you still drop $150for them? You probably wouldn't want them at all.

shoes2shades is the spot for name brandshoes, (NIKE, AIR JORDAN)sunglasses, apparel and so much more!

Visit my new eBay storehere Shoes2Shades!

http://stores.ebay.com/shoes2shades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom