Why are people against wearing/supporting NIKE?

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by Methedy24

- I've noticed many Nike-haters often are wearing New Balances. I'm still working on my opinion of the correlation.

NB, along with Converse, are the last two major shoe companies still making shoes in the USA in significant quantities. Although they also produce abroad.
nike owns converse

ive become dissapointed in nike's quality, but its not just nike most companys are cutting corners in major ways.

also, Nike is #1, occupying the top spot guarantees more people will come after you, just ask McDonalds while Popeyes and KFC have a ton of more fat andcholesterol.

Originally Posted by vctry20

Methedy24 wrote:

- I've noticed many Nike-haters often are wearing New Balances. I'm still working on my opinion of the correlation.

NB, along with Converse, are the last two major shoe companies still making shoes in the USA in significant quantities. Although they also produce abroad.
nike owns converse

thank you for that groundbreaking piece of information. Converse is an independent subsidiary which does manufacture some shoes domestically, the fact thatNike owns Converse doesn't change that.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by northparkblind

2s9ypua.gif

#%#? Hahahaha

That dude buu bout to get it poppin....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Its usually da haters.....

?

haters? they have shady business practices, exploit people, and profit off of child labour....

its now 'hating' to boycott a company based on those things?

just cuz you feel the need to buy every Nike product out there, because some athlete or celebrity supports it...doesn't mean those who boycott are'hating'...

wake up

people act like this $##* isnt going on in any other big company. just cause nike got caught all the tree-huggers are crawling out of the wood-work and onlyboycotting nike.

in order to get away from all the illegal labor practices, you'd have to go live under a rock.
smh.gif

get teh @!@% outta here with that @!%@.

im done.

also, Nike is #1, occupying the top spot guarantees more people will come after you, just ask McDonalds while Popeyes and KFC have a ton of more fat and cholesterol.

Originally Posted by vctry20

Methedy24 wrote:

nike owns converse

thank you for that groundbreaking piece of information. Converse is an independent subsidiary which does manufacture some shoes domestically, the fact that Nike owns Converse doesn't change that.

wouldn't buying from converse be like buying from nike though? wouldn't that just be giving nike more money to build sweat shops? i may be wrong, butit seems like your logic is flawed.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

thank you for that groundbreaking piece of information. Converse is an independent subsidiary which does manufacture some shoes domestically, the fact that Nike owns Converse doesn't change that.

wouldn't buying from converse be like buying from nike though? wouldn't that just be giving nike more money to build sweat shops? i may be wrong, but it seems like your logic is flawed.
they are independent. As in I own a company and you buy my company. So I'm within your authority but I still get to do my own thing. I doubtNike is dumb enough to put any say into how Converse runs their business (they've been around almost twice as long).

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Originally Posted by nick0lis

wouldn't buying from converse be like buying from nike though? wouldn't that just be giving nike more money to build sweat shops? i may be wrong, but it seems like your logic is flawed.
they are independent. As in I own a company and you buy my company. So I'm within your authority but I still get to do my own thing. I doubt Nike is dumb enough to put any say into how Converse runs their business (they've been around almost twice as long).

but as it is, nike still profits from converse's sold merchandise? am i right?

My favorite company in the world is Nike. I wish that hit me with that LeBron contract. Then Id be the happiest man alive
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NikeMax

Originally Posted by arrjae

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

pick a reason....

sweatshops...huge corporations... trendyness...the list goes on.

That's not me.. i'm just saying, there's plenty of reasons to not support them, if you were so inclined.

basically....

I know what you guys are saying is true, but the funny thing about people who say we shouldn't support Nike are wearing Reeboks, Old Navy Jeans, and a Gap T shirt....then they go home and take food out of their fridge, put it in their microwave, and watch TV. All appliances that are made in overseas sweatshops.....
laugh.gif

Truth. You can't pick and choose companies to single out for sweatshops when almost all of them probably use them in some form or fashion.

I think people just like to go against the dudes that run $%%! in every industry, to be honest. People always need a cause to get behind, and of course themajor players get singled out first.

I prefer the three stripes, to be perfectly honest.

When it comes down to anything that has to do with sports, I'm looking out for an Adidas product.

Back
Top Bottom