Why are they shutting down the dispensaries?

You know how in BoardWalk Empire (HBO) how the government is making money of liquor sales under the table and from prosecuting of liquor salesman during the Prohibition Era?

Like that.
If you really want to know: Read that thread about the Los Zetas and Anonymous. Especially the last half of the thread. 

$$$, that's why.

There is no one reason but consider these...

--competition with big pharma
--lames with influence who label it as a "gateway drug"
--it's driving the price of trees down for growers
--private prisons and law enforcement make more money off of illegal activities
--politics as usual

In my opinion there are lobbyists in Washington that are pushing for these dispensaries to be closed. I might not know too much about whats going on in Washington but pharmaceutical companies are pushing for this, contractors that put people in jail for this !$%+ are pushing for this, our president needs support from these people.

Originally Posted by UPYOURSWAG

because its illegal...think before you post

indifferent.gif

Ah...the ignorance is cute.

Keep watching CNN and Fox News. They're the only ones that know whats going on... 
eyes.gif

EDIT: I guess the CIA shipping drugs on private jets and military planes from Afghanistan and Central/South America straight into the middle of the country doesn't mean anything. 
eyes.gif

It's made to be illegal so money flows to certain groups.

Why? Because Obama told em to even though he said this in 2008
 "What I'm not going to be doing is using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws on this issue simply because I want folks to be investigating violent crimes and potential terrorism. We've got a lot of things for our law enforcement officers to deal with."

Here's the list of what the Obama led Justice Dept are doing...

• The Treasury Department has forced banks to close accounts of medical marijuana businesses operating legally under state law.
• The IRS has slapped dispensary owners with taxes required of no other businesses.
• The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives recently ruled that medical marijuana patients can not purchase firearms. 
• Prosecutors have threatened to seize the property of landlords and jail  for renting to marijuana dispensaries.
• The United States attorney in San Diego has indicated she'll start targeting media outlets that run dispensaries’ ads. 

1314063741342251_lg.jpg

Could be from a bunch of reasons to tell you the truth:

-re-elections
-competition to pharma companies
-closing down semi-legal dispensaries so people do it the old-school illegal way by growing themselves and then get arrested which raises the numbers for busts by DEA and cops and provides the public with the opinion that the U.S. NEEDS more DEA and cop involvement therefore the DEA and cops get more funding from the government.

Because medical marijuana is a direct threat to Big Pharma, and BP gives a ridiculous amount of money to politicians for times like these.

There are other reasons, but it's really all about the money.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Could be from a bunch of reasons to tell you the truth:

-closing down semi-legal dispensaries so people do it the old-school illegal way by growing themselves .

People are already growing their own though, in this country. Now more than ever before. Election season is drawing closer. And maobungaloo wants to get reelected. Thats all you need to know.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Because medical marijuana is a direct threat to Big Pharma, and BP gives a ridiculous amount of money to politicians for times like these.

There are other reasons, but it's really all about the money.

Bingo. Obama/Congress basically got paid off by Big Pharmaceuticals.  
These so called "legal" companies want that billion dollar Marijuana market.
Google Sativex.  

http://www.drugdevelopment-technology.com/projects/sativex/

Developed by GW Pharmaceuticals, Sativex is a whole plant medicinal cannabis extract indicated for the relief of multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms and the treatment of severe neuropathic-related cancer pain

http://www.gwpharm.com/news.aspx

There is a reason why Big Pharm is number one on the list on money spent on Washington lobbyists. 

THANK YOU !
OP For bringing this conversation up.

I'm currently doing a Research Presentation on Medicinal Marijuana in the Northwest Region.
 A whole lot of info is being extracted through this Listing though..  
pimp.gif

eek.gif
 @ Big Pharm. & BP w/ the whole Sativex Topic.

Back
Top Bottom