Why are we so excited about Kevin Durant when

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

And lastly, KD was 22 when he made it past the first round of the playoffs. Wanna know how old T-Mac was?
McGrady didn't have HCA in any of his 1st round matchups. And in the only 1st round matchup that his team had a better record than the opponent, in '08 vs. UTH, yao was out.

KD is 0-2 in series in which he didn't have HCA.

You can chalk up their postseason careers to Westbrook alone being > Any of McGrady's postseason teammates

You can't use a team accolade such as postseason success to put one individual over the other.
his rockets had home court in 2007 against utah in a series yao did play in.

they proceeded to blow 2-0 and 3-2 series leads while losing at home in game 7.

I'll take it further and say he had HCA in '03 and '05. were his teams lower seeds those years? Yes. But he had a 3-1 series lead over Detroit and they took the first 2 in Dallas in '05. When the series started, no, TMac didn't have HCA but he did eventually have it those years.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

we've already seen better before?

so much more fluid.. more versatile, just can't be compared..
laugh.gif
What the hell does this mean? You were just searching deep for some words to get people to believe what you want us to believe.
laugh.gif

First of all, KD is a better defender than T-Mac ever was. He plays the full 48 on both ends. So I guess that slashes T-Mac's versatility in half.

Fluid? I mean, how many ways can KD score before his fluidity becomes less inferior to T-Mac? KD shot 47% his second year in the league. T-Mac for his entire career is a 43% shooter. Not a better 3-point shooter, 2-pt shooter, or FT shooter. Yeah, man, Tracy is fluid though.

And lastly, KD was 22 when he made it past the first round of the playoffs. Wanna know how old T-Mac was?
LMAO on that one.
and kd has westbrook and harden...come on now 

tmac had pat garity as his starting sf. you can stop now

kd is a better shooter than tmac was.. BUT THAT IS IT!

i mean dude has ZERO court vision.

a typical 1 dimensional player.

dude is a richmans glenn robinson

I'll go out on a limb with you here in saying I'm not thrilled by Russell Westbrook, he's a fantastic athlete, but his jumper is worse than mine.

im a huge durant fan but i think TMac was still better. his game was effortless, you can say the same for KD but KD works hard at it as the media/nike likes to show us. im always iffy to bring this into debates because honestly, we dont know and we only based this on what the media tells us. while you get people coming in talking about work ethics like they know the person on a personal level. TMac had better handles, better D when he wants to play D (like someone mentioned above - you're not a better defender just because u try harder but kudos for trying, OKCs defensive scheme/mindset plays a big role to. Houston was a pretty good defensive team under SVG) better vision, better rebounding skills and just a better overall game. 
tmac's talent/game > KD

Kd's character > tmac and a person's character can go a long way

but there's still plenty of time for KD to overtake tmac if hes not already at the same level. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

First of all, KD is a better defender than T-Mac ever was. 
I don't know about that one. 

Ridiculous statement. Durant is not a great defender, while in the 1999-00 season McGrady was a monster defensively and was seen as the next Pippen (in terms of defense). After that, McGrady became your typical 00s all-O, no-D player. But I don't know what about exactly about Durant's defense made you confindent enough to come with this statement.

As for their offense, we have not seen it all before like you mentioned. McGrady was better at taking it to the hole while Durant is a better shooter. One player I think of when I see Durant is Glen Rice. Durant is like a rich man's Glen Rice.

The media and perception of each players attitude is clouding some judgement in here.

KD- crazy work ethic, great scorer, great teamate
TMac- crazy skilled, great scorer, not the hardest worker

Is it that 100% true?  No.  but T-Mac was better than KD ever was.  In pretty much all aspects except maybe catch'n'shoot 3's.  I love KD he has holes in his game. 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

i noticed the edit right after i made my post lol.

on a side note i wish the nfl did the same playoff format the nba does. no way in hell should a 7-9 team host a playoff game just because they won their crappy division (granted they made the most of their opportunity)
Can't believe people are still whining about this.

who's whining about it?

so someone who has differing views then you = whining?

the fact is it's a flawed system.  glad to see the nba got this right when it comes to the playoffs.  win a crappy division and get a high seed by default but still be the road team in series in which your opponent has a lesser record.

id say it has a little to do with tmac coming out of high school, and durant going to texas, ballin for a year and getting his name and "image" out to the public. dude was dropping 30 regularly and probably got a lot of media exposure via espn

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

When the vid first started I thought you were talking about Darius Miles. 
laugh.gif

Me Too
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was like O HELL NAWW.  Lol D-Miles thread.

but on topic.  Durant wants to be great.  That seems to be the difference.  And for now Durrant has 2 knees....Tracy has .5

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

When the vid first started I thought you were talking about Darius Miles. 
laugh.gif

Me Too
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was like O HELL NAWW.  Lol D-Miles thread.

but on topic.  Durant wants to be great.  That seems to be the difference.  And for now Durrant has 2 knees....Tracy has .5

That could have been an epic thread tho.

On the offensive end, T-mac is top 3 the greatest talent this league has seen. Period.

But that's it, all he could do was score. He couldn't win, he couldn't pass very good, and most importantly, he couldn't win.

Kevin Durant has already surpassed T-mac in terms of all around ability. And this is coming from a huge Mac fan.

"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard" - KD35

^tmac is actually a good passer. also, rebounded the ball really well. in his early days he would also play solid defense, i dont understand why he stopped, though. people forget t-mac was really that guy.

Originally Posted by DMan14

^tmac is actually a good passer. also, rebounded the ball really well. in his early days he would also play solid defense, i dont understand why he stopped, though. people forget t-mac was really that guy.
Yeah that's true, but I based that statement on the fact that he couldn't pass very well throughout his entire career. Rebounding? Yes, dude has incredible leaping ability combined with length. I loved T-mac, I remember waking up to Christmas morning to a silver magic jersey before they went with the new unis
pimp.gif
. I used to cut up an old soccer tube sock and where a "leg sleeve" on one leg to school like he did
laugh.gif

T-mac just wasn't hungry enough to win. He was content with just being a top scorer in the league. Thus, he failed to work hard and take care of his body.

I've always said Tmac could have been top 3 to 5 greatest players of all time in the L so i'm rolling with him. He could do it all, score any and everyday, could pass, could actually defend when he was motivated, phenomenal talent. Just couldn't make his prime last long enough to be considered great I guess..

This is a stupid thread. Should I not be excited about Kobe Bryant because I've watched Jordan?

Back
Top Bottom