why are you a sneakerhead? (real sneakerheads only)

seems like people nowadays (sneakerheads as what they call themselfs) only think the shoes is hot depending on the hype over the internet. if the shoes isnt OG colorway, unlimited, or different material they wont buy.. jus like the retro12s ND MANY MORE.. to me i collect/buy shoes because i think they are hot.. not coz of the hype or anything like that. idc what people say if its hot it'll be in my closet.. and thats why every single shoes in my closet are what i called my PERSONAL collection..  how bout you NTers, share some love, thoughts on what has this new generation been missing... 

I just like the idea of coming through with hot gear and my jays man. It's that simple. I grew up loving the VI's and XI's so I need those in my life and then I started choosing and looking for more classier jordans for my age and so fourth.

At this point I'm still a sneaker head 2 represent what being a NikeTalker is about, and that is networking at best by sharing acurate true confirmed information. I'm not opinionated to maybe rumors at this point.

I buy retro J's in original colorways for personal reasons. I grew up when MJ was PLAYING. With the Bulls. None of that Wizards S#@$. If I buy a non-original colorway, it's usually still a retro. I couldn't care less what others think. I buy whatever I like.

Two words: Michael Jordan.

"Quality basketball products inspired by THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER."

I was one of those kids that just wanted to be like Mike. If it wasn't for Michael, I could care less about a basketball sneaker.

Always had a thing for shoes, IDK why and I can't explain it but I know it all started with my first pair of Air Jordan VI's when I was a little kid.

even though this has absolutely nothing to do with jordan brand....I think I get them just because i have loved sneakers since I was little. Had all the new jordans and then stopped for a while and here I am again. Now that I have a job I can pretty much get any pair I want (within reason, not gonna pay thousands for a pair) and can scratch off my grail list. I originally started again to just get the bred XI's because they are my favorite J of all time. And the feeling of winning a pair of shoes or rocking them is amazing.

I always liked shoes. My earliest memories was seeing my dad's adidias shell toes lined up in a row and me saying, "I want all of those". That being said, when I got older, I would only be able to get two pairs a year, Christmas and summertime. I would always hate having to leave the store with only one pair of shoes and really wanting 4 or 5 pairs. So, it started for a kid. I was tight when I wasn't hired at Footlocker at 16, and tight at 18 when Niketown turned me down. But later on, I got a hookup at Niketown and was there for a while. It was nice, lol.

I guess I am a "real sneakerhead". I didn't collect Jordans because of MJ (since I really didn't watch him play...too young). I started buying them because they're the nicest shoes out there and I don't know, it's just something that makes me addicted to these shoes. I pretty much know almost all info about Jordan sneakers...like year released,colorways,history,how to differentiate legits/fakes,or just overall background knowledge of the sneaker. And keep in mind, "Real sneakerheads" don't go around bragging they're sneakerheads or shoe collectors, that's just lame
laugh.gif
. Just keep a low profile and not show too much of that "swagger".
sick.gif

i just like shoes ha. i have about 215 pair but have really slowed down within the past idk year maybe. alot of stuff comin out isnt appealing to me as much anymore

The term "Sneakerhead" is played out. People miss use the word, now, it's more of a trend than a passion.

In this modern day and age, people only "Collect" to show off.

Im sure almost anyone on NT would consider themselves a real sneakerhead,
but in my personal opinion (not tryna giv the true definition),
I really think that a true sneakerhead collects because its a passion,
a real sneakerhead feels like this is more than just coppin and showin off,
its about gettin what you want cuz u get some type of real pleasure out of it,
When I get a pair of shoes,
wether its a grail or just a random pick up,
I feel good,
I feel happy,
I feel accomplished,
and yea dont get me wrong I like to rock my kicks and have people jock,
but that aint why I do it,
I could care less if no one even notices my kicks,
as long as I feel good cuz I got em.

And word up to Mercenary X,
sneaker collecting is becoming more of a trend than a passion,
people just love lableing them selves as a sneakerhead and collector,
im in highschool,
and theres a +@%% load of catz who claim they`re sneaker heads cuz they got a couple Js,
but in reality,
they just rock em cuz thats wat eryone likes and have been likein since `85,
most of em dont care,
they dont feel that love that a real sneakerhead feels when he gets kicks,
its just another shoe,
and at times I feel really bothered by it but at other times I culd just care less,
theres a reson people buy sneakers,
jordans, nikes, adidas, etc.,
but a real sneakerhead doesnt care about hype, price, or any of that other BS,
they care about the love for sneakers....

....word up

Michael Jordan- thats where it started, wanting shoes as a kid and not being able to get them... its a part of my childhood and has never left me, now for these kids that didn't grow up watching mike, not too sure what has them hooked.

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

I guess I am a "real sneakerhead". I didn't collect Jordans because of MJ (since I really didn't watch him play...too young). I started buying them because they're the nicest shoes out there and I don't know, it's just something that makes me addicted to these shoes. I pretty much know almost all info about Jordan sneakers...like year released,colorways,history,how to differentiate legits/fakes,or just overall background knowledge of the sneaker. And keep in mind, "Real sneakerheads" don't go around bragging they're sneakerheads or shoe collectors, that's just lame
laugh.gif
. Just keep a low profile and not show too much of that "swagger".
sick.gif

had 2 post again. thats the meaningful thing thus far

I never chose to be what is referred to as a "sneakerhead". But I have always had an appreciation for sneakers....

I remember the first pair of sneakers that really made me in awe were the OG Nike Air Trainer SC High Bo Jackson's (white, orange, and blue). A kid in my 4th grade class had a pair, and I could not keep my eyes off of them...for me it was the design, the colorway, and at that time...the curiosity of what it felt like to be walking on "air".
laugh.gif

As time would pass and I became more and more interested in basketball, and sports in general, I developed even more appreciation for sneakers starting with the Air Jordan 5 (OG black metallic) after I saw MJ wear them on the back of the Michael Jordan's Playground vcr tape box...the reflective tongue, the mesh sides, the visible air bubble..the clear outsole...and still till this day....that design is one of my all-time favorites.

I got my first pair of Jordans and Nike's in general, when I got the OG Bordeaux VII's in a 6 youth. I loved those shoes! ...got the Hare VII's...for the following school year (6th grade) in a size 7 and I wore those religiously...from that point on, I had a few Nikes here and there.....never got all the shoes I admired as a kid...but I always had the love and appreciation for design, technology, and colorway..that make any worthy sneaker.......special.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

Two words: Michael Jordan.

"Quality basketball products inspired by THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER."

I was one of those kids that just wanted to be like Mike. If it wasn't for Michael, I could care less about a basketball sneaker.

QFT!!

I remember a kid showing a picture in class of the the flint XIII's and those were the first J's i ever wanted, i was 13. I begged my mom for them but we couldnt afford a pair so i was like w/e. Then i remember an 18 wheeler or a train car got broken into and they stole alot of Flint XIII's that were inside. I think alot of people were wearin em early and gettin in trouble. i wouldnt get my first pair of jays til i was about 16/17 when i got my first job and paid for my own pair of AJ XVII's. Ever since then it feels good when i buy my own air of J's. I love Jordans, cant say i love em ALL though. wouldnt say ima sneakerhead, but a Jordanhead I am

I'm too young to have seen mike play live; but any chance I get to watch the "Hardwood Classics" I take notes.
He's the greatest and demanded greatness from his shoes.
I started out buying Iversons: The Reebok Question, IMO, is one of the best basketball shoes of all time.
But the stuff Tinker did with a bit of leather and a canvas that was Micheal Jordan, was unprecedented.
The shoes are alot more than just sneakers to me; it's artwork.
And to be able to walk around with pieces of artwork on my feet, makes me feel pretty damn good.

P.S I love sneakers; I plan on wearing a pair of SpaceJams for my Wedding, but wouldn't call myself a Sneakerhead

Back
Top Bottom