Why aren't NFL Players Marketed Like NBA Stars???

As individuals like Lebron is with nike?? I can only remember two players being marketed heavily by a shoe company...
p1_sanders.jpg

AND

vick-fly.jpg

Is this because of the endorsers or the NFL??

Helmets dude. NBA guys have their face right their on screen all game long. NFL dudes got their faces hidden damn near the whole time.

Doesn't mean it's impossible to still have star power, ala Peyton and his commercials, it's just much more difficult.

As for shoe companies, come on, you can buy basketball shoes right now and wear them wherever you walk. Nobody walkin around in football cleats.
laugh.gif

I was reading "Boys Will Be Boys", and it was about the party days of the 90's Cowboys
pimp.gif
. In the book it said that's why Emmitt used totake off his helmet so he would get endorsements.

Great read btw
laugh.gif

I think it has to do with the sheer # of players in the league as well. While there are certainly superstars, the NFL has 50+ guys on each roster.

I would say the helmets can hide the faces to the casual fan and injuries.

Injuries are a part of every sport but imo you have a higher risk in football.

Look at the nike commercial last year with sj and merriman. Both are injured this year

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

whens the last time you copped some cleats to rock around the crib
Never, but i own a pair of deion's and i've owned a pair of vick's and bo jackson's at certain points of my life
wink.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

whens the last time you copped some cleats to rock around the crib
Uhh, everybody and their mom had these...

zoom_vick_wht_blk.jpg

those are gross i dont even know what they are. last pair of "football shoes" i had were

nike-dt-max-96-deion-sanders-1.jpg

and that was in like 97ish and i only got em cuz they were $20 at Ross

1 great football player cannot make a team good. 1 great basketball player can.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

its hard to see their faces
word when I first saw some of those under armor commercials I was like "who the +@%# is that"

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Tom%20Brady%20Original%20Stetson%20Ad2.jpg

sick.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

My thing is, i would just like to see more NFL players marketed in the same light as Deion or even Vick. Have The big name shoe companies(Nike, Adidas, Reebok,Under Armour) take more chances on these dudes, and although the sport my not be as big internationally, it's definitely the biggest sport in our countryand i think from the biggest fans to the casual fans can identify the biggest stars w/o all that football gear on.

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Tom%20Brady%20Original%20Stetson%20Ad2.jpg

sick.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

My thing is, i would just like to see more NFL players marketed in the same light as Deion or even Vick. Have The big name shoe companies(Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Under Armour) take more chances on these dudes, and although the sport my not be as big internationally, it's definitely the biggest sport in our country and i think from the biggest fans to the casual fans can identify the biggest stars w/o all that football gear on.
Considering that football players have very low Q Scores and the market for football products is considerably smaller than other sports, therereally is little incentive for most companies, especially when you factor in the international audience.

Back
Top Bottom