Why aren't NFL Players Marketed Like NBA Stars???

What do we “know better” when you literally posted a theory?
The know better wasn't in direct relation to the theory, which is why it was mentioned in two separate posts.

We KNOW that players are being injured at a higher clip. We know that milage is a thing when it comes to player health. That was ignored in the past as we just called it "toughness."

That KNOW (better) should turn into some sort of action when it comes to preventing said injuries.

I don't expect it to happen though

I mean...Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Odell Beckham are probably just as big of stars as any NBA player. But basketball is played all over the world while football is not. Also, basketball shoes are able to be worn casually. I don’t think Nike or adidas is trying to drop a bunch of marketing on some football cleats. You don’t even see them do that for guys like Messi or Ronaldo and soccer is probably the biggest sport in the world.

True , that and the crab in the bucket mentality . Look how much hate Odell got for marketing himself from some current and former players (mostly white ).
Happened to RG3 too. From white and black folks. Crab in the bucket mentality, as you said, preys upon envy.

Also Russell Wilson.

The know better wasn't in direct relation to the theory, which is why it was mentioned in two separate posts.

We KNOW that players are being injured at a higher clip. We know that milage is a thing when it comes to player health. That was ignored in the past as we just called it "toughness."

That KNOW (better) should turn into some sort of action when it comes to preventing said injuries.

I don't expect it to happen though

Ahhh my apologies for the misunderstanding.

CTE for starters
Abuse during practice that used to be called “punishment” or “character building”.

Football for sure. The arguments are different for each spot. Interesting no one is talking baseball, though :nerd::nerd:

Ahhh my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Football for sure. The arguments are different for each spot. Interesting no one is talking baseball, though :nerd::nerd:
Bad all is different because the ones putting in the leg work are the pitchers and certain positions on defense. Baseball is notorious for keeping things as is regardless of logic though

Bad all is different because the ones putting in the leg work are the pitchers and certain positions on defense. Baseball is notorious for keeping things as is regardless of logic though

I was semi-trolling but you’re right :lol: Baseball will never change. One thing they do is make it such that league that won the ASG got home field for the World Series. If the NBA switched back to East West would y’all be opposed to that?

I was semi-trolling but you’re right :lol: Baseball will never change. One thing they do is make it such that league that won the ASG got home field for the World Series. If the NBA switched back to East West would y’all be opposed to that?
Lol for sure. Baseball is so different that there’s no comparison really. They’ve shortened some things and made changes to pitching substitutions but other than that it really is a game by and for the players.

Nba all star game is dead because nba rivalry is dead. These guys are all friends, which is fine, but nothing really matters outside the playoffs and certain situations. Nothing can help the ASG imo

Nba all star game is dead because nba rivalry is dead. These guys are all friends, which is fine, but nothing really matters outside the playoffs and certain situations. Nothing can help the ASG imo

That’s the realest **** you ever wrote

The most recent I can remember was victor cruz and then calvin johnson along with revis.

The most recent I can remember was victor cruz and then calvin johnson along with revis.

Ironically, all dudes that flames out early. The other difference that just came to mind, is a lot of time superstars who get sigs in the league have long careers therefore their relevancy generates more revenue. Furthermore, their sigs last long beyond their career and basketball has the retro culture.

Ironically, all dudes that flames out early. The other difference that just came to mind, is a lot of time superstars who get sigs in the league have long careers therefore their relevancy generates more revenue. Furthermore, their sigs last long beyond their career and basketball has the retro culture.
Think a lot of things goes into nfl players not having shoes. Potential short career is one. Non global appeal is another. Football is a small sport when it’s all said and done globally. Also other than trainers you’re not going to buy cleats. Exposure is another. They play once a week for 3 hours most of which are commercials :lol:

Think a lot of things goes into nfl players not having shoes. Potential short career is one. Non global appeal is another. Football is a small sport when it’s all said and done globally. Also other than trainers you’re not going to buy cleats. Exposure is another. They play once a week for 3 hours most of which are commercials :lol:

Couldn’t agree more. IMHO, I think helmets has a lot to do with it as mentioned earlier. I know they are a necessity but dudes just have too much risk to invest

I was just thinking about this and reading the comments on the shoes above. People just need a ball and a hoop to enjoy the game of basketball. Where as football there isn't really anything like that. I mean maybe throwing the ball through a tire? Throwing it in the air and catching it yourself?

I love watching the NFL and football in general. But maybe I am bias from my childhood, but when I would want to play football I had to gather friends and throwing the ball/ catching it myself/tackling pretending to be LT only lasted so long. But give me a ball and a hoop? Hours.

Who the hell really going be rolling around in cleats?

Just hard to market really.. I mean other than deion’s and them old griffey’s what player’s cleats were turned into some sneakers to actually sell

I mean bo Jackson had some trainers.. but other than that, who?

Golf you can sell a ton of stuff to golfers.. but baseball and football are harder outside of jerseys and fan gear stuff

Back
Top Bottom