Why Can You Say the N Word But Not Balls?

I just finished watching The 40 Year Old Virgin on USA and I realized that they blocked out balls and nuts, but not the n word. Anybody else find that odd?

just finished watching it too 
laugh.gif

I don't get it either, but the FCC has stopped regulating what networks can and can't say on tv. They have left it up to the network's own standards and their advertisers. BUt probably just the overuse of the "n word" has made it mainstream enough that in many people's mind it isn't a cuss word anymore.

I don't get the censorship neither. I asked someone to explain this to me. They let the s word and %@% fly on regular networks, but they bleep it out on music videos.

I was watching videos the other day, and they bleeped out thong? i mean really?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I don't get it either, but the FCC has stopped regulating what networks can and can't say on tv. They have left it up to the network's own standards and their advertisers. BUt probably just the overuse of the "n word" has made it mainstream enough that in many people's mind it isn't a cuss word anymore.
This is not true... AT ALL...

I have alway wondered why people are aloud to use the N word on TV but they are not allowed to say "a-hole".

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

This is not true... AT ALL...
really? I had remembered hearing that and it coincided with increased swearage on tv and particularly Adult Swim so it made sense. Just did a quick google search and can't find much other than that the FCC doesn't make blanket rulings regarding indecency but only acts if many complaints are made.

I've always wondered why you can't say a-hole but can say the b word on MTV people on tv say the b-word like they need it to survive.

It's gotta be up to the network's discretion because South Park od's on words like balls and that one episode where they said poop 105 times.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

It's gotta be up to the network's discretion because South Park od's on words like balls and that one episode where they said poop 105 times.

or the ATHF episode where they said !%@+ over 100 times

Back
Top Bottom