Why cant Keith Langford get a look?

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by clutchshooter, Mar 18, 2009.

1. clutchshooter

clutchshooter

Legitimate question.

Undersized but he's highly skilled, athletic, and a naturally talented scorer. Seems like there is a team out there that could use a bench scorer.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

EDIT* ok what about embedding changed in the last couple of weeks that it doesnt work the same anymore?

EDIT** F it i give up [​IMG].

Link: Keith Langford getting filthy in Europe.

2. langfor5

langfor5

Amen. You already know what it is. . .

dcallamerican likes this.
  3. datznasty

datznasty

Engh, maybe, but Jackie Manuel needs to be in the NBA right now.

4. 1and12

1and12

[​IMG]

5. nikekid6

nikekid6

lol i was like is he ever gonna shoot a jump shot
    but yea looks like he is puttin in work

6. kobe4mvp12

kobe4mvp12

[​IMG][​IMG]Haven't heard that name in a long time. Dude was nice.

7. clutchshooter

clutchshooter

8. ehh

ehh

The D over there is weak compared to the NBA. Look up highlights of Denham Brown playing overseas, dude is beasting like Langford - neither is NBA material. Neither is gonna see that many open lanes to the hoop for easy dunks in the league either.

9. lnmymind

lnmymind

You can say the same thing about alot of college standouts who didn't make the league are balling overseas...what separates Langford from them? At the endof the day...they're not going to get a shot until there is a one that they do an elite NBA level that an NBA team covets.

10. clutchshooter

clutchshooter

now denham brown should be in the NBA.

decent size, fantastic skillset, comsumate team player(which sadly night be why he's not in the L) above average athlete and canadian boy can flat outlock it down.

11. ehh

ehh

I think you have a very top-heavy view of his abilities. I'm a huge UConn fan, watched every single one of his games during his four years inStorrs. He's far from a lock down defender, has pretty slow feet and his J gets real shaky outside of 18'. He would be a below average SG in terms ofathleticsm and wouldn't be able to guard anyone in the NBA and his offensive abilities wouldn't make up for that deficiency. That and there wereplenty of whispers that he wasn't a team player and had an attitude issue (thought he should have been more involved in the offense than he was) at UConn.

But he did score 111 points in a HS game once. [​IMG]

12. clutchshooter

clutchshooter

ive followed him since he was back at bathurst and uconn is my 2nd favourite team so ive seen him play a lot myself.

on his attitude he has stated that for quite sometime he was unhappy at uconn, dealing with various things including homesickness, a little bit of cultureshock, and really just not liking his situation there but a canadian kid doesnt usually get multiple shots at big time programs so he stuck it out. i think iteffected his effort level on both sides of the ball but when focused he did quite well.

his shot selection was iffy at best and i always thought it seemed like he was trying to prove something instead of just playing smart ball. not in terms ofbeing selfish, just not making great decisions.

however he's fairly versatile. can handle it, decent passer, and i maintain that this kid can defend.

fast he is not but he can leap and has solid strength. lateral quickness is quite solid as well.

also as an upperclassmen he was compossed as hell in close games.

less skilled less athletic players currently hold roster spots in the L. bowen anyone?

there is no one truly exceptional quality to his game but he's well rounded and i have a tough time believing there is no spot for him in the L.

[​IMG] .

13. kidskillz858

kidskillz858

Don't worry current NBA scrubs who will soon join him in the euro leagues are JJ Reddick & Brian Cook

14. p mac one

p mac one

A lot of these guys need to establish themselves on the defensive end first. That's what teams are looking for off the bench.

15. datznasty

datznasty

Wasn't he a listed 6'4, which means a real life 6'2-3 most of the time? My dude Manuel is a legit NBA SG/SF defender and athlete.

And where is Marcus Haislip, still playing for PFielsen or whatever the hell?

16. ehh

ehh

Yeah it was a bit of a tough situation for him since UConn was so stacked during his time there. His first two years they had Gordon/Oak as theprimary scorers and Rashad Anderson was clutch as hell and a lights out shooter and was great at stretching the D to let the rest of UConn's offenseoperate. Then Rudy Gay came, Rashad was still there shooting his %+*% off and Denham had to take a back seat again. I do agree that he's well rounded butdoesn't have one great aspect to his game. I think that hurt his PT at UConn and is keeping him out of the L. I also agree that he seemed like he wastrying a little too hard to prove himself when he was on the court. He's not the kind of player who's going to give you a ton in short spurts off thebench like an Anderson (which is why Denham started a ton during his first two years). Calhoun also had that insanely short leash w. his players during thistime, one mistake and you were pulled. I'm sure the players hated that crap.

17. slimcharliebrown

slimcharliebrown

Isn't Marcus Haislip like one of the Euroleague's highest paid players? I'm sure he's enjoying playing the shorter season inprobably a beautiful country and I agree with Jackie Manuel being in the league, dude seems like the perfect glue guy.

18. dman14

dman14

didnt the spurs give him a shot awhile back?

aaron miles, wayne simien, damn. them boys out of the league

19. clutchshooter

clutchshooter

i think 6'4" is pretty accurate.

if langford is 6'2" then he suddenly moves from 'solid' to 'phenomenal' athlete.

dude is throwing down standing 2 handers in that vid.

20. ehh

ehh

21. high class scum bag

high class scum bag

keith was my all time favorite college player and i had a chance to work for the ft. worth flyers for a season when he was in the D-league.

IMO he needs to go to a team that will let him be a slasher and not try to convert him to a pg.

he still cant go right, but he's unstoppable going to his left. i think once he becomes a better spot up 3 point shooter he'll be okay.

however, he's making good tax free money overseas and i heard he's taking the money and playing time over sitting the bench and earning the leagueminimum..

once he pads his account he'll try to stick w/ an NBA team like charlie bell did.

22. the fresh sole

the fresh sole

i dislike a lot of ku players but ive been rooting for him to make it in the league, at least he doing well overseas