Why Can't The Wizards Do Anything Right?

The Wizards, once again, decide to @#%$ up their whole draft... David Stern should just tell them that they aren't allowed to draft anymore... These guys have no @#%$ idea what they're doing...

Their most glaring, immediate need is a big man inside who can play a little defense and grab rebounds... They had the PERFECT opportunity with the 16th pick to grab Sean Williams, the big man from BC... Shady background, but tremendous upside... Instead, they @#%$ pick NICK YOUNG, a GUARD from USC... The @#%$ we need another guard for? We already got Gilbert, Caron, Antonio Daniels, Bumass Hayes, and Mr. 50 Deshawn Stevenson...

But, ok, @#%$ it... So they got a guard who, judging by his college stats/vids, can ball a lil bit... They got a chance to redeem themselves in the 2nd round with the 47th pick and get a big man... Aaron Gray, the slow but reliable C from Pitt, was still on the board... So was Marc Gasol, Pau's lil brother, from Spain... Instead, they @#%$ pick DOMINIC MCGUIRE... WHO IN THE @#%$ IS DOMINIC MCGUIRE?

Does anyone besides me think they can do a better @#%$ job than these bums running the Wizards' front office?
TeamCowboys
We back in '07

You gettin ahead of yourself. Jarvis Hayes and DeShawn might not even be in D.C. for too long.

Then you talkin about Marc Gasol like you've ever seen him play. Who cares that his brother is good? The ******** picked Carson's Palmer's brother this year, you think he's gonna be an All Pro now :rolleyes
eyes.gif

McGuire was like top 5 in the country in blocked shots and has more potential than Gray. We have Blatche who is like 6'11 and Pecherov is 7 feet. They could still trade Haywood or Etan for a big.

Ernie Grunfeld > You

Guys like Jordan and Ainge are messin up the draft big time and your complaining about the Wizards? Fall back man you don't know what your talkin about

Nick Young is a great player. Mature, and strong, which is hard to find in the draft these days. Jason Smith wasn't the answer to the front-court problems, so I don't see anything wrong with this pick.
You ain't figure out what I'm about yet, always rockin that this ain't out yet.
You got yourself a PDA and a Bluetooth and you think you're a CEO now.
Team AM FAM​

Quote:
You gettin ahead of yourself. Jarvis Hayes and DeShawn might not even be in D.C. for too long.

True...

Quote:
16th pick to grab Sean Williams, the big man from BC... Shady background

Exactly shady background... I think dude can ball n all but if he woulda came to DC it woulda been curtains

Quote:
Nick Young is a great player. Mature, and strong, which is hard to find in the draft these days.

That's true...but really need a low-post threat another guard.

Quote:
Jarvis Hayes and DeShawn might not even be in D.C. for too long.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998
Team Negrodamus
Team Macintosh
PC USER? LMFAO​

Are there any *true* Wizard fans in the house who can break this draft down? "Method Man" and others, where are you?

Point blank, we got Haywood and Etan in the middle. We obviously can't move them.

Ok.

We all know the drama they had this past season, and according to Caron Butler this past week, they still hate each others' guts. So, Quite Frankly, why add more drama by bringing in "Weed Williams" when he's not a guarantee to improve anything. DC area would have been too much for him, I would assume was the final break on not drafting him.

Grunfield has done more right than wrong as GM where ever he has gone, including now with the Wiz, so I trust his judgement.

And, we got a steal. Young was not
The DREAM TEAM -- "We RESPECT reality... We don't live internet lives..."
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

i liked this years draft. better then drafting some unknown from europe who wont play for 2 seasons. young can ball.

Team DC/MD/VA​

the whole city behind us
O.G. triple O.G. Member​

Quote:
DC area would have been too much for him
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
Team Negrodamus
Team Macintosh
PC USER? LMFAO​

I am not mad at all with the Nick Young selection. First of all with the uncertain futures of both Arvis and DeShawn, this pick makes a lot of sense. As of now, we still have Etan and Todd on our roster. I am sure that Todd will be moved at some point, but u gotta remember that the NBA offseason officially started last week. I am a HUGE advocate of Sean Williams, but his problems in the past is the reason why he slipped so far in the draft. Had he not been dismissed from BC and remained relatively problem-free, he would have been a top 10, possibly a top 5 pick in this draft. However, it is a HIGH risk (no pun) pick taking Williams. Yeah, he got his @#%$ together before the draft, but u just never know what you are getting when dealing with a player with as bad of a checkered past as Williams.

So, I guess the thread starter is upset that we didn't take him at #16. Fair enough, but who else should we have considered at that spot that would have been an IMMEDIATE defensive upgrade in the front court? The options were VERY limited at that spot. You have no idea how lucky we are to get Nick Young at that position. He was the best player available when it was time for us to pick. This is a guy who I gurantee will be a double digit scorer either this year or next. He is one of the most explosive athletes in this year's draft class. Pairing him with Gilbert at certain points in the future is going to be fun to watch.

Like I said before, this is just the beginning of the offseason. We still have our MLE to use, and there are some good players like Nocioni who we could allocate that money towards that would help our team immensely. The Wizards are going to be just fine when the season starts.

Don't question EG and what he does with his draft picks. He is one of the better GM's when it comes to evaluating collegiate, high school, and international talent. The Wiz are actually pretty loaded on their roster at this point. There will be some moves made, and we will be better than this past year, and the year before that....mark my words...remember, we were the best team in the East for a portion of the season...we are a low post/defensive presence away from making the leap into the elite in the NBA...hell, even Magic Johnson thinks we are a title contender if we can shore up our interior D, and low post...

here is our roster as of now

Gilbert Arenas
Andray Blatche
Calvin Booth
Caron Butler
Antonio Daniels
Mike Hall*
Arvis Hayes*
Todd Haywood*
Antawn Jamison
Michael Ruffin
Roger Mason*
Darius Songaila
DeShawn Stevenson*
Etan Thomas
Oleksiy Pecherov
Nick Young
Dominic McGuire

and we have the rights to:

JC Navarro
Vladimir Veremeenko (2nd round pick last year, who was an All-Star in his FIBA Europe league last season...EG is money in the 2nd round)

* = guys who might not be back....

Quote:
Aaron Gray, the slow but reliable C from Pitt, was still on the board... So was Marc Gasol, Pau's lil brother, from Spain... Instead, they pick DOMINIC MCGUIRE... WHO IN THE IS DOMINIC MCGUIRE?

We already have some 6'11" - 7'0" stiffs on the roster as it stands, and you want to add another? McGuire just so you know was 1st team All-Defense in the WAC, and was actually projected to go late in the 1st round...this was a STEAL by EG and the Wiz.....he has a tremendous upside, and this pick could pan out very soon....you were hoping they drafted guys based off of name recognition (on your part), and that is the wrong way to evaluate how a team should be selecting players...

Quote:
Unfortunately, Magic is no Mike Wilbon though.

LOL....he may be the only person who thinks this, but hey...the word "title" and Wizards probabaly haven't been used in the same sentence before Magic spoke on it LOLOL

Quote:
hell, even Magic Johnson thinks we are a title contender if we can shore up our interior D, and low post...
:lol:
laugh.gif

'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

Nah but you know what I am mad about... the fact I stayed up late watching the draft (while flipping channels and watching US catch an L to Argentina in Futbol) and when they get to # 47 the good ol Wizards they cut to commercial break!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then come back and talk to... sh... I forget - Suns Coach I think and then to ... eff it I turned it off because they never back tracked to tell me who the Wizards picked... had to wait till it scrolled through the bottom (or I guess I could have logged on to the net at that time).

The whole night they talked in depth about teams and what they need and their input on teams selection... Wizards come on... nothing

Im also upset maybe not upset but dont understand why they went with a Guard... said that in a previous thread a while ago. But again maybe I dont understand basketball... then I was like - "maybe he get traded by the end of the night" "WHO KNOWS?" Maybe there just wasnt another good player available... maybe he can help on the defensive end or come off strong off the bench - that be nice.

I knew Green was getting traded (didnt htink he was going 5 though)... Seattle got a decent face lift. Not saying Ray wasnt nice.

Quote:
hell, even Magic Johnson thinks we are a title contender if we can shore up our interior D, and low post...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
Team Negrodamus
Team Macintosh
PC USER? LMFAO​

gain some knowledge on the draft picks before your make judgement. several wizards fans on here wanted williams with the 16th pick. it's obvious he would have given us some much needed D and presence in the middle.

Obviously Ernie and the FO didn't want to take a gamble on Williams, and we already have enough problems at the middle. Instead we selected the BEST available player at 16, Nick Young, who also fills a need (who the hell is gonna score off the bench when arenas/butler/jamison are taking a breather? Arvis?) It was a gamble taking Williams, so they didn't.

we're filling in the needs as well as bringing in great talent. and how you can question EG's decision making by saying "why can't the wizards do anything right" is beyond me.

to me (and the majority), we're still a 'proven' big man away from being contenders..hopefully we move Brenda and Arvis.
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

*No comment was left here on purpose*

*For Fear I would be regarded as the Hater that I am of the Wizz-ards*

I am interested in seeing what Meth thought of this draft by Ernie.. I do agree with some points and I listen to Talk Radio alot and many thought Ernie G. had a good draft. Who am I to second guess mel Kipers of the B-Ball world?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Inside The Designers Mind
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

Nick's my boy and dude can ball for real, I'm sorry but Deshawn Stevenson is cool but won't be there long and the rest of those guards you guys have clearly ain't enough.
Think of me as John Gotti wit a Phd
Or either Martin Luther King wit a G.A.T
Maybe Malcolm X with a GED or better yet Nietzche unds'n some heat lol.

Quote:
*No comment was left here on purpose*
laugh.gif

can't forget about Pecherov, I know he's more of an inside outside shooting big man, but hopefully he can give us a lift in the middle (no @#%$)
UConn class of 2010

Team DC/MD/VA​

Do you feel me? I thought you would.
O.G. Member #41​

yall are @#%$ crazy sayin they cant do anything right....they need another off the bench scorer....now they can get rid of hayes...and young can dunk like @#%$ crazy......

big man troubles???

pech will help.....but if they keep haywood he needs to step up....

free agency ne1???
http://www.***************.com/graphics/treasuretrooper1.gif

Back
Top Bottom