"Why churches can kiss my apostle..." (EXCELLENT read)

Discussion in 'General' started by cameron nelson, Mar 12, 2009.

1. cameron nelson

cameron nelson Moderator

For those who actually like to read, this is the latest entry from my favorite blog site: http://www.conversateisnotaword.com

For those who DON'T want to read, then don't...maybe you'll get lucky and someone will give you the cliffnotes version.

2. mangudai954

mangudai954

People BEEN saying this. I have to laugh to myself sometimes some Churches are scammers.

3. rico x hood

rico x hood

I was at a church way back when and they took up to offerings, one was the regular offering and one was for the Pastors birthday, and I thought THAT wasridiculous.

This is just nuts, and the thing is people are so afraid of not being damnned for not doing "God's Work" by supporting their church that they getsuckered into paying these offerings.

[​IMG][​IMG] dispicable.

Religion the greatest con ever invented by man. Makes Madoff look like a Saint...pun intended.

4. kiuyt856

kiuyt856

That was a good read. I agree with all of it.

5. kix4kix

kix4kix

Give us 20 years and all the churches will be abandonned buildings just like in Europe.

6. supermanblue79

supermanblue79

Outstanding read Cam.

The problem is that the members are uneducated. These pastors only can do to the members what they let him/her.
    Believers really need to use the Bible as a reference on how the church should operate, not just accept every thing that's screamed down from the pulpit. The Church was established by Christ himself. The members of this church sold all their possessions so that no one in the Body would be without. Thesebusinesses that we see today are so far from that. There is no love offering mentioned in the Bible, no building fund mentioned in the Bible, and never isthere a "first lady" ever mentioned. All of this is man made. And for the pastor to put a specific number on what he wants members to give iswrong. A person is supposed to give according to how they prosper, not what the crook that's speaking wants to extort you for. If it doesn't comefrom the heart then GOD doesn't want it anyway.
    Believers need to study. No church is perfect because it's made up of imperfect people, but it's the member's responsibility to recognize thechurch that comes closet to the Biblical standards

7. seasoned vet

seasoned vet

- video for this article posted below for the ones that refuse to read..... [​IMG]

8. seasoned vet

seasoned vet

9. ph3n0m3n0n

ph3n0m3n0n

I thought I was trippin hearing words while I was reading it. Then I saw the video below [​IMG]

But yeah, God doesn't exactly use currency so I don't see the point of contributing to his wallet.

10. nothingbefore

nothingbefore

Open a church in every hood = money

11. dmxfury

dmxfury Moderator

churches have been pulling this for years, hell Catholicism thrived on it for so long it isn't funny. One of the reasons for my discontent with church, somany instances of hipocrisy. It isn't my beef with religon or the teachings of Jesus, but with the churches themselves

12. daytona 5000

daytona 5000

Churches = scam
    Now that you mentioned it, almost every church I went to had a separate offering
    for some special "construction project"......which never came to pass out of the 3 churches I've been too

13. ccookielover49

ccookielover49

that why i only give one offering and nothing more.

14. DVMNXK

DVMNXK

Religion FTL

15. retrospect90

retrospect90

I agree. "Christianity" today is the epitomy of hypocrisy. And they wonder why no one belongs to a religion. People that do go to these churchesdon't realized they gettin played, they think they are learning the truth.

16. crank lucas

crank lucas

movies playing by itself, suspend this dude[​IMG]

17. jpthe3

jpthe3

I thought it was like a pop-up or something [​IMG]
    I was just about to reply when the video started playing gain [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. jmsole210

jmsole210

[​IMG][​IMG]....yeah please do that.

19. casperjr

casperjr

[​IMG] i was looking all over the place like *!% [​IMG]

20. gescobe

gescobe

will read after test...*

21. roc boy jada

roc boy jada Banned

4 offerings?! They aren't reluctant at all, are they?

When my family used to bring me to church when I was younger, the most I've seen was probably two offerings.

And the purpose of giving donations was to "receive your blessings".

I've always wanted to know where the money from the offerings went.

22. lrrr

lrrr Banned

is the first lady the preachers wife?

23. seasoned vet

seasoned vet

- get off my $@!@. its not on purpose, thats how the movie embeds.

- here is the embed code. as you can see in red it says false for auto play. it doesnt autoplay in preview but as soon as you post the code changes.
    - im getting sick of this chump crank......

24. bonafide hustla

bonafide hustla

there was a statement that this wasn't directed at all churches, but your title reads this is why churches (plural) can kiss my apostle. does that meanall churches? or just the bad ones? is one church going to make your thoughts waiver. is one bad person in this world going to lead you to believe everyperson in this world is bad? these are just questions.

and for the record, I have been tithing for a while, and when I tithe, I really do receive crazy blessings, but when I don't I find myself not reallyreceiving a lot of the favor I did when I did tithe on the regular. and I myself have questioned religion, but that's just me. I am a full supporter oftithing and I really can't speak for the next man when saying if its "worth it" or not.

that said, obviously all that OD offering stuff is redic, but I just hope that doesn't make your faith falter altogether. and I'm def no "holyroller"