Why did Curren$y leave Young Money?

he left out before he got the "Juvie/Turk/B.G/" treatment, he would of Released a Album and got the short end of the stick, lets keep it G , YM is nothing but a logo on cash-money/universal contract , im pretty sure though wayne gets a healthy percentage of Baby's percentage of the cut that universal breaks bread with. trust me if So far gone would of never pop'd drake would of been fighting for shine just like the rest of those goofy's of YM, thats not "Nicki minaj". Plus i would get tired lending swag to Wayne too, dude don't even brush his teeth (true story).

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by 2o6

name one guy who has a commercially successful album from cash money during currensy's time there not named wayne or Birdman.

thats right. no other album even released.
The money he would have made off the Young Money Album, Tour and Songs is probably a lot more than he's making now. Twist is probably seeing more than him.
True, but being a little hype man wasn't Spitta's route. Besides Drake, no one on YM will ever come near the talent that Curren$y has.

Originally Posted by 2o6

name one guy who has a commercially successful album from cash money during currensy's time there not named wayne or Birdman.

The money he would have made off the Young Money Album, Tour and Songs is probably a lot more than he's making now. Twist is probably seeing more than him.
IDK man. Like somebody put it before, that is a whole lot of people to split bread with plus they deal with a major, probably bigger studios (more bread spent), more well known producers (even more bread spent), etc. etc.

He's in that independent lane with the top two selling albums on Amalgam (small amount of money spent on marketing and NO money spent to actually manufacture CDs), he is able to do shows basically by his self and he mainly uses  up & coming or in-house producers (other than Ski Beats).

Definitely seems like he made the right move to me.

Leaving YM was the best thing for Spitta to do. I effs with dude way more now

It seemed like he was bottled up compared to now rapping about %$@# that wasn't really up his avenue

I'm glad dude left, cus otherwise, I would have never heard of him.

I stopped listening to Cash Money when Wayne dropped that awful album that no one likes to talk about...

YM Spitta >>>

That Ashanti freestyle was
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 2o6

Please do not even entertain this thought. Absolute nonsense. If you think that tour money trickles down much further than Baby, Wayne.......maybe Drake, Nikki (though artists like that can get serious paper doing after party appearances) etc., you are out of your mind. 

I was just thinking about this the other day.
laugh.gif
at saying wayne doesnt brush his teeth

Originally Posted by stand4something

had to reiterate how disgusting this track was, does anyone know what mixtape this is on?�
it's on Fin...

As a Curren$y fan from the No Limit days, let me tell you what I KNOW, from talking to people in his camp, the YM/CM camp, managers, stylists, and a whole bunch of other people who've been around dude's professional circle for the last 5 years.

If you said he left because he didn't feel like he was getting pushed, wasn't gonna put the album out, yada yada yada... you're right. It's true. At the time when they put "Where Da Cash At?" out, that was right when Wayne was really blowing up. Dedication 2, Carter II, Carter III being worked on, Wayne was all over the place, mixtapes out the %@+ every other week...

SO WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SAY "HEY, LET'S STOP PUSHING WAYNE AND FOCUS ON CURREN$Y?" I mean from what I'm told, that was discussed and the powers that be decided if they tried to push two guys at once, it would have not been nearly as successful as putting all the chips on Wayne and rolling the dice... and you've gotta admit, no one thought Wayne was gonna be headlining multiple N. American tours alone 5 years ago. And this has been told to me by YM/CM cats and other music cats in general.

Wayne was not established to the point that he is now that they could have put Curren$y "on" like that... not given him the golden co-sign they did, oh I don't know, say Drake, for example, and considering Drake put out a ton of music WITHOUT Wayne on the actual song, plus his overall self-brand being different, the situations are not comparable.

Also, on another side note, don't ever feel "bad" for Curren$y. He's had major label deals on the table in the last two years. He's been to New York numerous times to meet with labels. But the dude won't budge. He wants a Fly Society (now the Jets, from what I'm told) deal for his group guys or whatever and labels just don't wanna give him that. Also, he told one of my dudes that he went into a meeting so high one time that he fell down or something and kind of ruined the meeting himself. So that's on him, and while I commend him for looking out for his dudes through thick and thin... dude is 29-30... you gotta start looking out for you. I don't know what kind of deal he has cooked up with Dame, but I know he was rockin' a Roc chain the other night in the club. ++* is nice in person, btw
laugh.gif

And as far as him making money on touring and stuff had he stayed... he'd probably be sharing that $25,000-50,000 appearance fee that covers booking "Young Money" (Tyga, Mack, Gudda, T-Streetz, Twist, Chuckee)... because I know for a fact Nikki Minaj has her own separate booking as well as Drake, so you don't get them when you book "Young Money" per se.

BTW, dude didn't introduce Wayne to Wayne's drastic change in style, when he went from baggy to hipster... I personally know the dude who dressed him for that Vibe shoot when he had all the bape on. Curren$y still asks that dude for clothes to this day... heard it with my own ears... but hey, rappers never lie.

Originally Posted by romedadude

Originally Posted by stand4something

had to reiterate how disgusting this track was, does anyone know what mixtape this is on?�
it's on Fin...
pardon my ignorance, but what is fin?

Originally Posted by doyung9

As a Curren$y fan from the No Limit days, let me tell you what I KNOW, from talking to people in his camp, the YM/CM camp, managers, stylists, and a whole bunch of other people who've been around dude's professional circle for the last 5 years.

If you said he left because he didn't feel like he was getting pushed, wasn't gonna put the album out, yada yada yada... you're right. It's true. At the time when they put "Where Da Cash At?" out, that was right when Wayne was really blowing up. Dedication 2, Carter II, Carter III being worked on, Wayne was all over the place, mixtapes out the %@+ every other week...

SO WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SAY "HEY, LET'S STOP PUSHING WAYNE AND FOCUS ON CURREN$Y?" I mean from what I'm told, that was discussed and the powers that be decided if they tried to push two guys at once, it would have not been nearly as successful as putting all the chips on Wayne and rolling the dice... and you've gotta admit, no one thought Wayne was gonna be headlining multiple N. American tours alone 5 years ago. And this has been told to me by YM/CM cats and other music cats in general.

Wayne was not established to the point that he is now that they could have put Curren$y "on" like that... not given him the golden co-sign they did, oh I don't know, say Drake, for example, and considering Drake put out a ton of music WITHOUT Wayne on the actual song, plus his overall self-brand being different, the situations are not comparable.

Also, on another side note, don't ever feel "bad" for Curren$y. He's had major label deals on the table in the last two years. He's been to New York numerous times to meet with labels. But the dude won't budge. He wants a Fly Society (now the Jets, from what I'm told) deal for his group guys or whatever and labels just don't wanna give him that. Also, he told one of my dudes that he went into a meeting so high one time that he fell down or something and kind of ruined the meeting himself. So that's on him, and while I commend him for looking out for his dudes through thick and thin... dude is 29-30... you gotta start looking out for you. I don't know what kind of deal he has cooked up with Dame, but I know he was rockin' a Roc chain the other night in the club. ++* is nice in person, btw
laugh.gif

And as far as him making money on touring and stuff had he stayed... he'd probably be sharing that $25,000-50,000 appearance fee that covers booking "Young Money" (Tyga, Mack, Gudda, T-Streetz, Twist, Chuckee)... because I know for a fact Nikki Minaj has her own separate booking as well as Drake, so you don't get them when you book "Young Money" per se.

BTW, dude didn't introduce Wayne to Wayne's drastic change in style, when he went from baggy to hipster... I personally know the dude who dressed him for that Vibe shoot when he had all the bape on. Curren$y still asks that dude for clothes to this day... heard it with my own ears... but hey, rappers never lie.
Best response yet.  Very interesting.  Thanks.

first off

Mack Maine money > Spitta Money

Mack NEVER really was a rapper or wanted to be in the rapping scene

take a look at YM on the Monique show on BET Mack & Wayne both said Mack was more of the behind the scenes guy like Baby

only rapping here and there

Spitta on the other hand WANTS to be a rapper instead of being behind the scenes

so the Mack Maine statements can be dead

NOW

I dont care who you is if you hot your gonna blow and your gonna get your buzz (Nicki, Drake)

Spitta just wasnt that IT thing period. He can rap but he cant sell. This dude been with sucessful clicks (No Limit, Young Money) and still cant blow

Young Money is all about MONEY and SELLING they know what they doin pushing Nicki n Drake

Stealin bases willie mays im gone
cant play the backfield no more
i just dont think thats where i belong ill do better on my own- Currency

I have always heard it was the whole he wasn't gettin no push thing. hWayne def aint talkin bout Spitta on D3 tho I never heard it was Kidd Kidd but I always assumed it was Brisco....

YM Spitta > current spitta

i know that gangsta/hipster rap wasn't totally him but the mixture of both was def dope as hell...dude had bars for days

doyung was right though....till this day curren$y is the only YM artist who was getting that chance...i dont count drake or nikki cause they was situated before YM and like doyung said they def do separate booking cause i think Nikki use the same booking agency as gucci mane and them.....it was basically bad timing for Curren$y because of Wayne blowing up so fast....Can't really knock Baby for doing that cause it def paid off. ...i do wish he would've signed to a major by now cause he is old as hell....but he's content and happy and still making music so i'm not knocking him...been a fan since '04
pimp.gif

and ftr current or past Curren$y >>>>>>>>>>> Wack Maine

Curren$y and Raw Dizzy crushed Mack Maine first mixtape on a true freestyle
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
they both went in
Mack maine was nothing more then a good feature verse and that was it....curren$y & wayne on track >>>>>>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom