Why did Curren$y leave Young Money?

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

YM Spitta >>>

That Ashanti freestyle was
sick.gif
this

Well one thing is for sure. Currensy would get more cake touring with YM than he's getting touring by himself right now. I don't think it was a money thing with Currensy. He wanted to be his own man. I don't think Currensy is a major label artist. Some artists are marketable. Some aren't. I don't think Currensy is. I think Currensy is the artist who would cake more off going the indie route than selling 130k on a major.

Originally Posted by asmathews

YM Spitta >>>

sick.gif
this
someone put me on that.never heard

Also, on another side note, don't ever feel "bad" for Curren$y. He'shad major label deals on the table in the last two years. He's been toNew York numerous times to meet with labels. But the dude won't budge.He wants a Fly Society (now the Jets, from what I'm told) deal for hisgroup guys or whatever and labels just don't wanna give him that. Also,he told one of my dudes that he went into a meeting so high one timethat he fell down or something and kind of ruined the meeting himself.So that's on him, and while I commend him for looking out for his dudesthrough thick and thin... dude is 29-30... you gotta start looking outfor you. I don't know what kind of deal he has cooked up with Dame, butI know he was rockin' a Roc chain the other night in the club. ++* isnice in person, btw
laugh.gif

damn its like that. GOOD LOOK for all that info doyoung. I knew he had to be about that age.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Currensy is trash OD trash...son a 30 year old hypebeast rapper

Not too familiar with Currensy huh?
im familiar im not feeling his music....straight basura
What songs have you heard by him that are trash? I mean I can respect ones opinion by not liking someone. I dislike some good rappers as well. Not a fan of Freeway but I respect him as a rapper. But to say Currensy is OD trash? What songs have you heard from dude that got you coming to that conclusion?

What songs have you heard by him that are trash? I mean I can respect ones opinion by not liking someone. I dislike some good rappers as well. Not a fan of Freeway but I respect him as a rapper. But to say Currensy is OD trash? What songs have you heard from dude that got you coming to that conclusion?
how fly 
sick.gif

his verse on back to the feature 
grin.gif

that where da cash at song 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

but I know he was rockin' a Roc chain the other night in the club. ++* is nice in person, btw

word...met him at the Dash gallery here and he had it on....wanted to snatch it

i find his music boring...he has great beat selection but his flow is awkward to me.....

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

YM Spitta > current spitta

i know that gangsta/hipster rap wasn't totally him but the mixture of both was def dope as hell...dude had bars for days

and ftr current or past Curren$y >>>>>>>>>>> Wack Maine

Curren$y and Raw Dizzy crushed Mack Maine first mixtape on a true freestyle
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
they both went in
Mack maine was nothing more then a good feature verse and that was it....curren$y & wayne on track >>>>>>>>>>
Truth.

I wouldnt even wanna hear Curren$y and Wayne on a track together nowadays tho... i cant even imagine how it would sound

Maybe it's me...but I never had a problem with people considered to have "boring" flows. To me...it's natural. I don't need EVERYONE to sound hype on the mic. Guys like Currensy and Fab's deliveries complemented their style and persona so it just always sounded right to me.

i was never a fan of curren$y his flow is mad awkward i be thinking he doesnt recite his verse before he goes lol like he just writes it n then thats it...lol but thats just me

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by asmathews

YM Spitta >>>

sick.gif
this
someone put me on that.never heard
Good Look. He def went in on this. I wish he mixed this in with this hypebeast talk he doing now. @%%# is raw
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Currensy aint for everybody.

Well one thing is for sure. Currensy would get more cake touring with YM than he's getting touring by himself right now. I don't think it was a money thing with Currensy. He wanted to be his own man. I don't think Currensy is a major label artist. Some artists are marketable. Some aren't. I don't think Currensy is. I think Currensy is the artist who would cake more off going the indie route than selling 130k on a major.
^ this.
I know dude has done shows around New Orleans for less than $3,000. Hell, I know he did one where he got less than $1,000. It is about the money, but it isn't at the same time with dude.

He wants the world to pay him millions and millions and millions for real hip-hop, but AIN'T NOBODY GETTING MILLIONS for that anymore 
laugh.gif
 Think of all the heavy hitters getting paid. Jay, Wayne, Ye, Tip, etc... they all make hip-hop that happens to also be POPULAR MUSIC.

Plus, you're right, he's not marketable. Dude isn't 'stylish' in the way that dudes look at Kanye and Pharrell (no +%$@, +%$@, whatever you know what I mean). He did a concert Tuesday night in New Orleans and they had a meet and greet before... 90% of the people there (not hundreds and hundreds, btw, maybe A hundred) were like 15-16 year old kids. The majority of his LOYAL, PURCHASING, FAN ATTENDING fan base in Louisiana are white, high school kids. Because they have just discovered dude. I don't know a single person who BOUGHT that This Ain't No Mixtape.

I'll put it like this. At 23-26, I ain't trying to buy an album with nothing but music about nintendo, skateboards, weed, and sneakers. I'll take a song of that, I'll download a whole album, and from personal experience, I certainly ain't paying to see it. Older cats definitely ain't gonna vibe with this because they ain't their lane.

So what he's got is 15-21, which basically grows out of everything they like anyway.

The moral of the story kids?

If you reach 30 and you're still trying to 'make it in America' ... it's time to sell-out, go mainstream, work hard for 5 years, and invest and never work again. 
laugh.gif

Because I promise you, Wack Maine IS NOT hurting for money. Plus, he's got a SNL and Grammy (I believe) performance under his belt. Sometimes it pays to be Memphis Bleek. 
laugh.gif

I'll put it like this. At 23-26, I ain't trying to buy an album with nothing but music about nintendo, skateboards, weed, and sneakers. I'll take a song of that, I'll download a whole album, and from personal experience, I certainly ain't paying to see it. Older cats definitely ain't gonna vibe with this because they ain't their lane.
So what he's got is 15-21, which basically grows out of everything they like anyway.

true story.

I can sorta give Wiz a pass since he's a bit younger....but I dont see the hype behind Curren$y. At All. Cool dude in person..but i dont see the hype.

doyung9 wrote:

The moral of the story kids?

If you reach 30 and you're still trying to 'make it in America' ... it's time to sell-out, go mainstream, work hard for 5 years, and invest and never work again. 
laugh.gif

This is what most you dudes who say he's 1 dimensional don't seem to grasp.
The nintendo, weed, sneakers, smashing bad chicks and showing up high to hipster nyc parties is Spitta.
Thats why i feel his music, son is 100% organic and doesn't change for anybody.
I could give a %+#@ how old son is, you don't have to rap like Hov, TIP or somebody because your a certain age.
Yall the same dudes that feel Ross who portrays a 100% fake image.
Don't get me wrong i %+#@ with Ross too but how can you respect that, but not Spitta.
He'll never fit in with this corporate standard of rapper yall have in mind, and he's ok with that.

how fly 
sick.gif

grin.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Bruh. Bruh!? I understand you don't like Curren$y and I respect your opinion. But if I were to put someone onto Curren$y his verse off of "Rather Be" would be one of the exhibits I would show off. I can see why people don't like him (quirky flow & redundant material), but I enjoy his music.

i still think YM Curren$y > hipster Curren$y

when he was on YM he was a mixture of hipster and the other stuff.....now he's 100% hipster and its koo but his music/bars is too damn repetitive....*plays "Young Money Dedication"

Originally Posted by romedadude

how fly 
sick.gif

grin.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Bruh. Bruh!? I understand you don't like Curren$y and I respect your opinion. But if I were to put someone onto Curren$y his verse off of "Rather Be" would be one of the exhibits I would show off. I can see why people don't like him (quirky flow & redundant material), but I enjoy his music.
agreed but i just happen to hear those tracks first ....3 strikes and out im nt checking for dude ever im sorry
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom