Why did Curren$y leave Young Money?

This is what most you dudes who say he's 1 dimensional don't seem to grasp.
The nintendo, weed, sneakers, smashing bad chicks and showing up high to hipster nyc parties is Spitta.
Thats why i feel his music, son is 100% organic and doesn't change for anybody.
I could give a %+#@ how old son is, you don't have to rap like Hov, TIP or somebody because your a certain age.
Yall the same dudes that feel Ross who portrays a 100% fake image.
Don't get me wrong i %+#@ with Ross too but how can you respect that, but not Spitta.
He'll never fit in with this corporate standard of rapper yall have in mind, and he's ok with that.
sorry to bust your bubble but Currensy use to be on NO LIMIT records with Master P and he was NEVER on that skateboard, weed, sneaker head tip back then

dude all in No Limit videos talking bout wearing Girbaud jeans now he all of a sudden tryin to fall in with the trends and you talkin bout Ross being fake

Currensy is a rapping hypebeast/poser

and you talk about Ross
eyes.gif

im a 100% Floridian and know people in Ross's circle and everybody outside of Florida say this and that but down here Ross been had pull and street cred

im not sayin he sold white or anything like that cause we all know every rapper fabricates even Biggie (Juicy "line about his mom not providing for his family")

But dude does got alotta of pull from some top tier Bosses in Miami from the Haitians to the Hispanics.....Ross been that dude

If Ross was fakin he woulda BEEEEENNNNN got popped by the Zoes but instead he gets love from the Haitians like he a God or something look at the vids of him in Haiti and how much love he get

I dont wish bad on no body but Currensy made some bad decisions

He was too impatient....can u imagine....dude would be swimming in money and have a HUGE fan base if he was still wit YM cause we all know YM fans dont care if the artist is hot trash if they on YM they got fans EVERYWHERE

wait a minute curren$y is pushing 30 , changes my whole perspective on dudes music, ol 2nd chilhood A_ Ninja
laugh.gif
he still dope though

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

The nintendo, weed, sneakers, smashing bad chicks and showing up high to hipster nyc parties is Spitta.
I could give a %+#@ how old son is, you don't have to rap like Hov, TIP or somebody because your a certain age.
Don't get me wrong i %+#@ with Ross too but how can you respect that, but not Spitta.
He'll never fit in with this corporate standard of rapper yall have in mind, and he's ok with that.

You must not listen to Spitta, he been addressed that and said that was just him trying to fit in.
But w.e. i'm done tryna help yall _'s see the light, in the meantime

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I'll put it like this. At 23-26, I ain't trying to buy an album with nothing but music about nintendo, skateboards, weed, and sneakers. I'll take a song of that, I'll download a whole album, and from personal experience, I certainly ain't paying to see it. Older cats definitely ain't gonna vibe with this because they ain't their lane.
So what he's got is 15-21, which basically grows out of everything they like anyway.

true story.

I can sorta give Wiz a pass since he's a bit younger....but I dont see the hype behind Curren$y. At All. Cool dude in person..but i dont see the hype.
a bit younger? Wiz just turned 22
laugh.gif
. He got plenty of time and plus he can go to the majors and really sell or at least cash out when he wants. Currensy is 30. Like doyoung said i think its time for him to just go mainstream but he doesnt want to sell his soul which is understandable. Maybe everyone doesnt want the millions.

But this hipster/hypebeast thing he be be doing gotta stop sometimes. Id be damn at 30 still tryna show off about the newest SB releases and how my bapes are hotter than your air force ones.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

he is too old to be on that hypebeast stuff though
laugh.gif
lol true i had no idea he was pushing 30.
but jay was in his 30s rocking baggy jeans and throwbacks and it was cool?

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

sorry to bust your bubble but Currensy use to be on NO LIMIT records with Master P and he was NEVER on that skateboard, weed, sneaker head tip back then

dude all in No Limit videos talking bout wearing Girbaud jeans now he all of a sudden tryin to fall in with the trends and you talkin bout Ross being fake

Currensy is a rapping hypebeast/poser

So he's a poser cuz he used to rap about Girbauds 10 years ago?... I guess he should still be rappin about them huh?

Dude still talked about cars, clothes and chicks like he does now.

But yes he is a hypebeast... he's 30 so wat. Wats the diff. b/w rappin bout shoes and weed at that age and about sellin crack at that age? Especially when its obvious one is tellin the truth.

I'm just saying why I don't get down with it anymore.

YES, some of his music is entertaining.

YES, dude has lyrics for days.

YES, he's a talent rapper.

HOWEVER, with the original question being "Why did Curren$y leave Young Money?" I addressed the issue, as well as covered other bases I thought others might find useful.

I'm just tired of hearing "Why won't Curren$y get his props?" and "When will Curren$y blow?" posts. This thread have given you all the information why he WON'T. It's nothing personal, but this is the music BUSINESS. As an artist, he's very talented. But he's horrible and managing his career moves, from the financial standpoint.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

he is too old to be on that hypebeast stuff though
laugh.gif
lol true i had no idea he was pushing 30.
but jay was in his 30s rocking baggy jeans and throwbacks and it was cool?

never said it was... don't get me wrong, i dig currensy and all that, just didn't expect him to be that age.

LOL Me neither, I ain't no son was thirty. I remember way back when he was in Rich Boyz, son still had the same flow. He ain't changed since except the topics being discussed.

let me clarify......i have freestyles from him in his no limit days and he was talking about Barkleys and all kind of other stuff.....he's always been into shoes, clothes, and etc........

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by romedadude

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Currensy is trash OD trash...son a 30 year old hypebeast rapper

Not too familiar with Currensy huh?
im familiar im not feeling his music....straight basura
What songs have you heard by him that are trash? I mean I can respect ones opinion by not liking someone. I dislike some good rappers as well. Not a fan of Freeway but I respect him as a rapper. But to say Currensy is OD trash? What songs have you heard from dude that got you coming to that conclusion?
how fly 
sick.gif

his verse on back to the feature 
grin.gif

that where da cash at song 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Bruh. Bruh!? I understand you don't like Curren$y and I respect your opinion. But if I were to put someone onto Curren$y his verse off of "Rather Be" would be one of the exhibits I would show off. I can see why people don't like him (quirky flow & redundant material), but I enjoy his music.
agreed but i just happen to hear those tracks first ....3 strikes and out im nt checking for dude ever im sorry
laugh.gif
judging a rapper by 3 songs FTL. you haven't heard a thing.
He has solo mixtapes that are
pimp.gif
and overall he's dope.

if you listen to it and still dont like it, then it's all good

Originally Posted by JaYzNyAyAlLdAy

Originally Posted by romedadude

What songs have you heard by him that are trash? I mean I can respect ones opinion by not liking someone. I dislike some good rappers as well. Not a fan of Freeway but I respect him as a rapper. But to say Currensy is OD trash? What songs have you heard from dude that got you coming to that conclusion?
how fly 
sick.gif

grin.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Bruh. Bruh!? I understand you don't like Curren$y and I respect your opinion. But if I were to put someone onto Curren$y his verse off of "Rather Be" would be one of the exhibits I would show off. I can see why people don't like him (quirky flow & redundant material), but I enjoy his music.
agreed but i just happen to hear those tracks first ....3 strikes and out im nt checking for dude ever im sorry
laugh.gif
judging a rapper by 3 songs FTL. you haven't heard a thing.
He has solo mixtapes that are
pimp.gif
and overall he's dope.

if you listen to it and still dont like it, then it's all good
How fly is a mixtape, though but i'll pass just not my cup of tea 

F_ what the rest say...

I mess with Spitta.

That lifestyle rap.
pimp.gif

Fam spits about s_ that I actually experience on a daily basis.

Holding out for the right thing is not always
the easiest and most popular thing to do.
But its damn sure rewarding to be your own man.
If Spitta played his cards right through-out his entire career
he should be well feed.
A couple whips, decent crib, and enough bank to support
your kids and any other incentives you decide to fulfill in life.
That seems fitting enough for me.
To hell with the magazine covers, and TV appearances.

Fam seems like the perfect example of someone living out their dreams
but the at the same time not falling to the powers that be, all while still keeping
it funky.

YM Spitta > current spitta

i know that gangsta/hipster rap wasn't totally him but the mixture of both was def dope as hell...dude had bars for days
forreal, dude was goin hard around that time

Originally Posted by da boy boyy

YM Spitta > current spitta

i know that gangsta/hipster rap wasn't totally him but the mixture of both was def dope as hell...dude had bars for days
forreal, dude was goin hard around that time

This.
He had to understand Wayne was getting to be enourmous around that time.
and if what doyung said is true or whatever, he will forever be known as a YM dropout.
as for Mack, you can tell hes Waynes Memp Bleek, and Mack is getting paid.
Once Wiz blows, Currensy will be forgotten..

and that skit on D3 was about Kid Kid, Waynes engineer KY said so on formspring a month or so back.

Originally Posted by doyung9

And as far as him making money on touring and stuff had he stayed... he'd probably be sharing that $25,000-50,000 appearance fee that covers booking "Young Money" (Tyga, Mack, Gudda, T-Streetz, Twist, Chuckee)... because I know for a fact Nikki Minaj has her own separate booking as well as Drake, so you don't get them when you book "Young Money" per se.
Tyga,  I know for sure has his own booking thing.
Mack, Gudda, Millz, Streetz, and Shannell are what you get when you book YM.

yea Tyga got his own booking....he was here last week i think....YM def turned him on to some females who wasn't messin w/ him until that bedrock song came out

Originally Posted by GTEK

F_ what the rest say...

I mess with Spitta.

That lifestyle rap.
pimp.gif

Fam spits about s_ that I actually experience on a daily basis.

Holding out for the right thing is not always
the easiest and most popular thing to do.
But its damn sure rewarding to be your own man.
If Spitta played his cards right through-out his entire career
he should be well feed.
A couple whips, decent crib, and enough bank to support
your kids and any other incentives you decide to fulfill in life.
That seems fitting enough for me.
To hell with the magazine covers, and TV appearances.

Fam seems like the perfect example of someone living out their dreams
but the at the same time not falling to the powers that be, all while still keeping
it funky.
Applaud this man.

how fly 
sick.gif

grin.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
U my friend have effectively lost your mind
roll.gif

Is YM getting many shows then? If you don't get Wayne, Drake, Nikki, maybe not even Tyga or Lloyd, then what's the point.

I mean as a promoter, you can get over on heads by throwing "YOUNG MONEY" on a flyer because of what people will expect, but heads ain't gonna be happy when they show up to those bums.

I don't know what Currensy's show money looks like. What I do know is I see him more now than ever. And what I also know is that no one would give a %+$% about Young Money without Drake and Nikki.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Is YM getting many shows then? If you don't get Wayne, Drake, Nikki, maybe not even Tyga or Lloyd, then what's the point.

I mean as a promoter, you can get over on heads by throwing "YOUNG MONEY" on a flyer because of what people will expect, but heads ain't gonna be happy when they show up to those bums.

I don't know what Currensy's show money looks like. What I do know is I see him more now than ever. And what I also know is that no one would give a %+$% about Young Money without Drake and Nikki.
without Weezy and Drake noone would give a #+#% about no damn Nicki Minaj

Back
Top Bottom