Why Did I Get Married Too? GO SEE IT! NO SPOILERS

The ending ruined the whole movie for me...TP is wack and doesn't know how to diverge from the same type of films. And seriously, the Rock??

The last African American love story i enjoyed was How Stella Got Her Groove Back. And yes Im a AM.

I enjoyed the first movie, and am looking forward to the sequel.  Not really that interested in going to the movies to watch it though.

Hopefully it becomes "available" soon.

I still don't understand how some black people can have so much hate for one man,

i swear black people can't do anything without being labeled as ****ery, and the funny thing is its us that keeps using this label

white folks could give two !%$*+ about a TP movie

Way too over the top and I personally can't stand the depiction of black marriages in this one.

OD'd on the drama tip

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Way too over the top and I personally can't stand the depiction of black marriages in this one.

OD'd on the drama tip
exactly what i was gonna post.  saw this movie last nite with my GF.  neither of us liked the movie.  i don't even think i laughed that much. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by illwill8710

OP is there any of this ****ery or bafoonery in the movie?

I kinda want to see it but you know Tyler Perry's flicks have the rep of promoting foolish behavior.

Man its drama, but people need to get off the "****ery" stuff. Don't nobody ever say a word about white people. "Oh there they go again acting like whitety".

Dudes be hating for NO REASON. Just like the Tyler Perry thread we had a while back. Dudes were hating but couldn't back up their claims. Watch the 1st movie and then watch this one and show me the "****ery"?

Matter of fact, someone please give me examples of the ****ery?
laugh.gif

"American cars are trash."
"Why"
"Because they're made in America."

"Tyler Perry is trash."
"Why"
"Because He puts on a menstrual show"
"How"
"He's just trash"

laugh.gif

The thing i never liked about TP is fact that he depicts black men is a submissive role and black women in a overly independent role. As for the ****ery not every black person is loud, cheating, losing at life or facing some type of drama that should be resolved at the local church. Maybe im missing it but since HS I alway's perceived his movies to fall under the same stereotypes that ail the black community without any resolution in the flicks.

Why did i get married was an exception though and I will probably catch it on DVDrip.

Thanks 

I kinda want to see it but you know Tyler Perry's flicks have the rep of promoting foolish behavior.

Man its drama, but people need to get off the "****ery" stuff. Don't nobody ever say a word about white people. "Oh there they go again acting like whitety".

Dudes be hating for NO REASON. Just like the Tyler Perry thread we had a while back. Dudes were hating but couldn't back up their claims. Watch the 1st movie and then watch this one and show me the "****ery"?

laugh.gif

"Why"

"Tyler Perry is trash."
"Why"
"How"
"He's just trash"

laugh.gif

The thing i never liked about TP is fact that he depicts black men is a submissive role and black women in a overly independent role. As for the ****ery not every black person is loud, cheating, losing at life or facing some type of drama that should be resolved at the local church. Maybe im missing it but since HS I alway's perceived his movies to fall under the same stereotypes that ail the black community without any resolution in the flicks.

Why did i get married was an exception though and I will probably catch it on DVDrip.

Thanks 
I like your answer but i wouldnt call it ****ery I would just say the story has the same routine I mean some of these cats hear somebody else that they might look up to like spike lee for example call it ****ery and instead of making there own decision and own opinion they just follow suite and cant explain why they feel like that

laugh.gif

"Why"

"Tyler Perry is trash."
"Why"
"How"
"He's just trash"

laugh.gif

word?

Originally Posted by oidreez

laugh.gif

"Why"

"Tyler Perry is trash."
"Why"
"How"
"He's just trash"

laugh.gif

word?
laugh.gif
Sorry.

But you also have to remember, this goes on in our community. The resolution is obvious in most areas. What they do that causes problems, don't. In the movie, Angela was the only loud person. Really it seems like He's doing what some rappers do. They talk about everyday issues and problem.

I think people are really nitpicking honestly. For the record, White people like TP too. I saw a few
laugh.gif

Also I think we have a great deal of self hate or something. A lot of us hate to see us doing good. The first thing a black movie is label with these days is ****ery. White comedies? Must see. 
laugh.gif

If anything, His movies like the Why Did I Get married franchise helps me understand relationships better. Call it what you will but if you can't take away the positive aspects from the movies then I don't know what to say.

Stop the self hate.

I wonder how many people feel the same way as NT

can't hate a black man making money, his first week box office numbers are going to look crazy

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

I wonder how many people feel the same way as NT

can't hate a black man making money, his first week box office numbers are going to look crazy
The weekend numbers came in at $30,000,000
pimp.gif

And I think this was better than the first one.

Originally Posted by oidreez

laugh.gif

"Why"

"Tyler Perry is trash."
"Why"
"How"
"He's just trash"

laugh.gif

word?
laugh.gif
Sorry.

But you also have to remember, this goes on in our community. The resolution is obvious in most areas. What they do that causes problems, don't. In the movie, Angela was the only loud person. Really it seems like He's doing what some rappers do. They talk about everyday issues and problem.

I think people are really nitpicking honestly. For the record, White people like TP too. I saw a few
laugh.gif

Also I think we have a great deal of self hate or something. A lot of us hate to see us doing good. The first thing a black movie is label with these days is ****ery. White comedies? Must see. 
laugh.gif

If anything, His movies like the Why Did I Get married franchise helps me understand relationships better. Call it what you will but if you can't take away the positive aspects from the movies then I don't know what to say.

Stop the self hate.

Its not self hate.  I love Spike Lee movies and TV One.
laugh.gif

but does anyone have a link to the old Tyler Perry thread?

Honestly the movie in my opinion was kinda OD. like I feel as if their were just random scenes of drama and craziness. I also didnt like how TP put all these different twist and turns in the film without developing the plot and the emotions of the characters. for example
Spoiler [+]
when Diane and terry were talking about her cheating, I wish that he would have went into great detail about the situation and also we could have gotten a glimpse of "Phil".
and just situations like that really bugged me.

Also I feel like Janet was the only person who really played her role well. to me I could really sense her emotions and the problems she was going through during the films (esp. at the hospital when she hit her self
laugh.gif
) I really felt the pain and regret.

overall the movie was ok. it could have been alot better than it was.

Smh at people and there idiot thinking.. I mean if you were a director and you wanted to make movies would you not put thing you grew up on and seen throughout your life on the big screen? I know dam sure i would.. so how is the man wrong for that? and for people WHO DID NOT WATCH THE MOVIE.. Everyone in this movie were doing VERY well financially.. I thought that was the best part of the movie that everyone was caked up!

I can't stand how tyler perry shoots his movied and how they are overly dramatic and overly acted. It's like a filmed play. There were slme enjoyable parts in this movie, but I could have waited until it was on showtime and been just fine. I knew a should of just punked the wife and gone and seen clash of the titians.

Back
Top Bottom