Why Did I Get Married Too? GO SEE IT! NO SPOILERS

I enjoyed it. It was OD drama, as mentioned before, but it was entertaining. I'm not a fan of the TP plays, but I've liked all of his movies. It's almost like he just had a brainstorming session and asked 'what's the craziest thing that could happen in the sequel' and just threw everything in.

Originally Posted by Timetravelinn

I can't stand how tyler perry shoots his movied and how they are overly dramatic and overly acted. It's like a filmed play. There were slme enjoyable parts in this movie, but I could have waited until it was on showtime and been just fine. I knew a should of just punked the wife and gone and seen clash of the titians.

Im trying to pull the same thing but I already did it with Valentines Day and seen Wolfman.

laugh.gif

i saw it on friday and im with the majoity in the OD drama dept. That s*** was wild man. I really enjoyed it tho. im not understanding how this can be conceived as ****ery or buffoonery tho (u can semi make that case for Madea and fully for Meet the Browns but whatever). the characters were doing well in life but had problems internally. that happens to ALL people. what tyler perry did in this movie was just enhance those issues. he understands that this is a business and treats it that way. dude used to be homeless and dude did $30 mil this weekend. he's written/directed(all but 1)/produced all his movies. he has a huge studio here in atl and he still sells out theater productions. bottom line, dude is winning.

I bet all of you talking about ****ery and buffoonery and minstrel shows listen to rap music though.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

I wonder how many people feel the same way as NT

can't hate a black man making money, his first week box office numbers are going to look crazy
The weekend numbers came in at $30,000,000
pimp.gif

And I think this was better than the first one.
eek.gif
if this is true, props to Mr. Perry

clearly NT's opinion is in the minority
laugh.gif

everyone has been sayin good things about this movie...

me and the shorty might check it out this week

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
wondering what ****ery there talking about

ignorance in its finest form. the movie has a message and your set ignorant mind has this statement to put in the thread? wow. 

There are good reviews floating around about this Movie.

I always rock with TP though so I'm definitely going to see this.

Definitely worth seeing in my opinion, a lot of people criticize TP for being predictable in his movies and with this there were numerous twists and turns that I didn't expect at all. Other than that the movie was fine until the end which kind of contradicted the whole story.....

Originally Posted by illwill8710

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by illwill8710

OP is there any of this ****ery or bafoonery in the movie?

I kinda want to see it but you know Tyler Perry's flicks have the rep of promoting foolish behavior.

Man its drama, but people need to get off the "****ery" stuff. Don't nobody ever say a word about white people. "Oh there they go again acting like whitety".

Dudes be hating for NO REASON. Just like the Tyler Perry thread we had a while back. Dudes were hating but couldn't back up their claims. Watch the 1st movie and then watch this one and show me the "****ery"?

Matter of fact, someone please give me examples of the ****ery?
laugh.gif

"American cars are trash."
"Why"
"Because they're made in America."

"Tyler Perry is trash."
"Why"
"Because He puts on a menstrual show"
"How"
"He's just trash"

laugh.gif

The thing i never liked about TP is fact that he depicts black men is a submissive role and black women in a overly independent role. As for the ****ery not every black person is loud, cheating, losing at life or facing some type of drama that should be resolved at the local church. Maybe im missing it but since HS I alway's perceived his movies to fall under the same stereotypes that ail the black community without any resolution in the flicks.

Why did i get married was an exception though and I will probably catch it on DVDrip.

Thanks 
Which is how he makes his money... that makes women want to see it... and the women in turn will beg their man to take them, or some dude tryin to get in good wit a chick will wanna take her to see it
laugh.gif

But i do agree with the statement Tyler Perry productions are filled with ****ery and buffoonery... EXCEPT Why Did I Get Married, The Family That Preys, and Daddy's Little Girls

after seeing you guys reviews, im gonna watch it with my girl tomorrow. I guess if you was in a relationship the movie will make sense to you, but if u haven't or aren't in a relationship this movie is clueless.

In his films and shows, how many times is the Black men in his work, have been submissive?

Please provide examples so I can know whats going on.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
wondering what ****ery there talking about

ignorance in its finest form. the movie has a message and your set ignorant mind has this statement to put in the thread? wow. 
I cant believe you just showed me your ignorance with that statement for the most part what I meant by that statement is why are they saying its ****ery which means I dont agree with that statement I think that its not ****ery and I agree that this movie has a message we are basically on the same side *** hole next time you come at someone and your not sure about there statement make sure you have friendly fire on THANKS
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

^ what?to my dude that asked is it better than avatar... I'm just gonna leave that one alone. but personally, I would prefer to watch WhyDIGM 2 before avatar. TP is doing his thing tho. He's executing consistently and people are liking his work. That's all you can ask for from a man.

I felt a lot of the scenes dragged, and the first 2 hours built up to an ending that fell flat. The hospital/Rock scenes were awful IMO. I walked out disappointed.

I should say that I've disliked 95% of TP's work, save The Family that Preys and WDIGM btw.

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

Smh at people and there idiot thinking.. I mean if you were a director and you wanted to make movies would you not put thing you grew up on and seen throughout your life on the big screen? I know dam sure i would.. so how is the man wrong for that? and for people WHO DID NOT WATCH THE MOVIE.. Everyone in this movie were doing VERY well financially.. I thought that was the best part of the movie that everyone was caked up!

Yeah I really liked that part too...they were shown with nice homes, cars and good careers besides from the one cat with the problem, but even he was shown to be the owner of property.

I enjoyed the movie, ending wasnt that great but I liked it, and im not a big Tyler Perry fan.

Saw it wit my moms n she was nitpicking talking bout it wasnt realistic cuz a house didnt match the fence ole girl jumped ova....I was like whaaaaaat?!?!....my girl said it wasnt realistic cuz of the hospital part(i understand that 1) n other situations....I thought overall it was pretty realistic tho

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Everyone I know that seen it recently said it was super good... Better than Avatar?
Everyone is lying
The movie had NO purpose
They left at least 30 unanswered questions
Not only was the ending horrible, I was waiting for them to say JP there's more
I am so mad I spent money to see this.
mad.gif

He's funnier as Madea than he is as himself, I stone faced all his "jokes" in the movie.

Back
Top Bottom