Why did they switch up the beat in All About The Benjamins?

I mean I always wondered this. Bigs flow in incredible on the beat but I would have really loved to have heard him on the original beat. Thoughts?

I love that beat. Didn't Santana spit over itɪ on the ballin remix? And does anyone have a full song over the beat.

I agree the whole song I was pumped to hear Biggie's verse but the switch up messed it up imo. Songs dope nonetheless though.

That switch up is
pimp.gif
Gave BIG the spotlight. Not that he needed it.

From what I understood Big didn't like how he sounded over the OG beat, I forgot the source I heard that from though. There is a version with him rapping over the regular beat, doesn't sound bad to me but the beat switch up is much better 

The switch up is great. Indeed legendary.

But I originally always thought Big never rapped on the Benjamins beat and the switch up was possibly a verse from another song he was making and Bad Boy just flipped what he said in the verse and turned it in to an entire song. Sorta how NaS will say something in a verse about being a street disciple for example and turn that in to the Street Disciple song and album.

I've been looking for the instrumental for that part of the song forever. I'll probably just have to have it recreated though.

Dudes is dumb if u think if the switch up was weak, hell I wish the whole song was over the switch up.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I've been looking for the instrumental for that part of the song forever. I'll probably just have to have it recreated though.
Mariah Carey did something with that part. The song is called Honey (So So Def remix) with J Dupri and Da Brat on it. Its a Jackson 5 sample. The sample is called It's Great to be Here. Dont know where to find the instrumental tho

I remember where I was the first time I heard,that song I was in the backseat of my aunts car riding over a bridge during a traffic jam.
just as the beat switched the traffic started to flow. %%!% waS EPIC even tho I was a kid

I remember where I was the first time I heard,that song I was in the backseat of my aunts car riding over a bridge during a traffic jam.
just as the beat switched the traffic started to flow. +$$# waS EPIC even tho I was a kid

Back
Top Bottom