Why do 36 mafia/wu-tang have such a CULT following with white people/Suburbs

2o6

not the preppy kind , the j's with well/decent off parent.
I've seen a few movies from the mid 90's -early 2000's. with suburban white kids(usually j's)
ALWAYS bumping some obscure Method man/o'l dirty bastard. at a house party.
or on the stereo in they room while they parents yelling at them.

And down here in miami the suburbs is filled with honda civics blasting old 36 mafia at taco bell parking lots
i always stayed in the hood and went to school in the burbs and would notice nobody cared for
36 or wu..... i would come back from school like a archaeologist with new findings and no dambs where ever given....

Originally Posted by cartune

male V Nastys have been the main demographic of rap fans for awhile now

yo tune dont even front like your boy gucci dont love that hipster demographic. that diplo tape did wonders for him
how he feel about?
img-gucci-mane-diplo_193411181368.jpg

nerd.gif

this might or might not be a guilty pleausre of mine.

Phn won't let me edit.....
I said in anotha thread a while back, that if the OG 3-6 woulda stayed 2getha, they coulda been the clostest 2 a "wu-tang of the south"

I mean if we're really bout to keep it real, they've been the primary demographic since rap exploded onto the commercial scene twenty years ago. 
2o6, I don't think Gucci had anything to do with that tape and I don't think it did anything for him either.

As for the hipsters, on that "we can't @!$@ with that kind of rap unless we put our spin on it" tip. 

A combination of great music + suburban white kids are fascinated by the "thug life" (just like black folks are fascinated by Tony Montana and Italian mobsters).

I would know.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

wu's white fan base has been heavy for as long as i remember....
they toured with Rage against the machine 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

also 90s rock fans recognize raw music
Originally Posted by 2o6

yo tune dont even front like your boy gucci dont love that hipster demographic. that diplo tape did wonders for him
how he feel about?
img-gucci-mane-diplo_193411181368.jpg

nerd.gif

this might or might not be a guilty pleausre of mine.
^
what's funnier is everyone want's to say WAKA "inspired" them, forgetting to mention Gucci cuz he got locked up 
laugh.gif

that's like shouting Jim Jones and not crediting Cam

I honestly believe Memphis rappers can make a living just touring Europe, doing shows. They love them out there. 
laugh.gif

And hipsters gravitated towards Gucci because rap fans hate his music. You know how hipsters are, them and their ironic way of life.

I'll try to keep it short since my cpu lost connection as I typed a full paragraph for this. So to paraphrase, sometimes white people
have a tendency to deep deep into hip hop, therefore liking obscure stuff and stuff that's just overall dope. And on the otherside,
some black people (and hispanics) tend to listen to "what's hot", aka wack ^@%) with no substance. That doesn't include the random
white people on the street who say their favorite rappers are Lil Wayne & Eminem, not knowing that Carter 3 and Relapse weren't
their debut albums.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

I honestly believe Memphis rappers can make a living just touring Europe, doing shows. They love them out there. 
laugh.gif

And hipsters gravitated towards Gucci because rap fans hate his music. You know how hipsters are, them and their ironic way of life.
I call it the BasedGod Paradox

Haha so damn true.
Down here in NZ quite often i'll get caught off guard by a beat up old car full of white girls/boys bumpin' some old school Wu.
It makes me happy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

wu's white fan base has been heavy for as long as i remember....

the skateboard culture was  
pimp.gif
 for the Wu
I remember when MTV had the Sports and Music festival (the one where Sticky Fingaz got his ##+ kicked)

every skater performed on some Wu...'Shadowboxin', 'Protect Ya Neck' and etc.

Back
Top Bottom