Why Do A lot of Woman Take Valentine's day serious????

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

I'd have to agree w/ those who are chalking the "seriousness of Valentines Day" up to social conditioning.

Like Christmas, Valentine's Day has been morphed into this 'gift giving' frenzy we men (the collective we) dread each year.  The underlying meaning, I believe, is to celebrate love. Surely, you can do so w/o buying your significant other anything but most women want something tangible, lol. 

I'm lucky, since my girl and I anniversary is the 17th of February; therefore, she's been conditioned not to expect anything on Valentines day.  No double gifts over here...lol.
Not that I had to worry bout it anyways, but I'm in a similar spot with you.  Our wedding anniversary is on Feb 27th and thats close enough for me.  Moving forward we will probably just do 1 vday/anniversary thing in February.  This year she is taking me to NYC (she won some roundtrip airfare vouchers at her company x-mas party this year) for our vday/anniversary. 

Originally Posted by Club29

cant wait to bust out this little badboy this year

ralph-wiggum--i-choo-choo-choose-you-7.png

Later that night

200px-i_love_lisa.jpg

For you married/long term relationship dudes, do anniversaries matter to you? Or do you do it because she wants to.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

For you married/long term relationship dudes, do anniversaries matter to you? Or do you do it because she wants to.
this will be our 1st anniversary so it was kind of a mutual decision to do something a little special.

even when we were dating we didnt really have an official anniversary.  we started out as friends just kickin it in a group, then things progressively got more serious, but in the 5+ years we dated we never actually had the "hey we are serious/committed" kinda talk.  it was just very natural how the relationship progressed so it was never necessary to explictly discuss that.  we both knew how we felt bout each other and that we werent tryin to talk to or see other people on the side.

after anniversary 1 is done, we will probably keep it low key and just do it big on the "milestone" anniversaries like 5 year, 10 year, 20 year, etc... etc.. 

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

No wonder some of you have so many girl problems, over thinking.
I never understood comments like this.

Why make that statement as if the people "over thinking" in this thread are the same ones making the female problems threads?
This isn't really the same topic, but think of this.
All the time you hear about guys with trouble having confidence to pick up girls, often because they're overthinking it all.

Then when they actually have a girlfriend, they notice a lot more chicks that would be trying to get with them.

It's because they aren't overthinking the random women, and are just being themselves since they already got a girl.

I'm a girl and I never cared about Valentines day. It just seems so stupid to me. I'll get something special for you whenever I feel like doing it not because of some stupid day. And don't care about about getting gifts but if I do get gifts, I would consider it more special if it was on a random day and not for a holiday.

I show my girl love all the time...shes working VDay but ima cop her some stuff as a token of appreciation..

she spoils me so i dont mind. Royal Foams FTW

Idk about you guys but I like Valentines Day. Last year  I had a good time with my girl when went out to different places and watched a flick. It was a good time  some times being in a relationship is so casual you forget the romantic aspect.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Idk about you guys but I like Valentines Day. Last year  I had a good time with my girl when went out to different places and watched a flick. It was a good time  some times being in a relationship is so casual you forget the romantic aspect.
Just appoint another random day on the calendar to take care of your girl and show her appreciation other than a day that we are "told" to do it. I KNOW you would get more credit because of the randomness of it. It works. Trust me.

No.......no pics/proof.

I don't know but I remember last Valentine's day me and my girl broke up the end January or beginning of February. She called me the day after Valentine's cursing me out OD, like straight buggin. I had her on speaker and my boys were laughing hard. She told me I should have still called her and talked to her or done something nice for her.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I don't know but I remember last Valentine's day me and my girl broke up the end January or beginning of February. She called me the day after Valentine's cursing me out OD, like straight buggin. I had her on speaker and my boys were laughing hard. She told me I should have still called her and talked to her or done something nice for her.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
And what did you say. Did you talk to her before that day?

That is just funny.

ENTITLEMENT!

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I'm a girl and I never cared about Valentines day. It just seems so stupid to me. I'll get something special for you whenever I feel like doing it not because of some stupid day. And don't care about about getting gifts but if I do get gifts, I would consider it more special if it was on a random day and not for a holiday.

I LOVE YOU
embarassed.gif

wink.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
And what did you say. Did you talk to her before that day?

That is just funny.

ENTITLEMENT!
I'm the type of person that laughs when people are mad, I find it funny. So she's yelling and trying to be serious, I'm on the phone holding back trying not to laugh and she was livid son. She lost, like top of her lungs screaming on the phone. My boys were in tears in the car. I hadn't talked to her in like a week or two before. Calls me Feb 15 blowing fire over the phone 
laugh.gif

I'm looking at some of these FB updates from the single women. I'm guessing its that serious.

V-DAY isnt to bad for me, all my girl has wanted on V-DAY the last few years is to go out to dinner to a place we havent been before. To mw this is perfectly fine, I love going out to eat and why not try new places?

I was with my girl for about 5 years before we broke up.   We both went our separate ways. 
We ended up back together about a year and half ago, needless to say, we don't celebrate an anniversary because of the gap in between. 
laugh.gif

A lot of these female NTers are lying through their teeth
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Yea I'm not about getting girls expensive gifts, but flowers and a box of chocolates wouldn't hurt. And this is coming from the anti-simp....and she has to reciprocate I like nice things too.

Originally Posted by Been Fly Since 85

V-DAY isnt to bad for me, all my girl has wanted on V-DAY the last few years is to go out to dinner to a place we havent been before. To mw this is perfectly fine, I love going out to eat and why not try new places?
Theres nothing wrong with going out to eat and trying new places.  In fact, this is one of my favorite hobbies (i'm a fat kid who loves to eat good food).

The problem with doing this on Vday is

1.  impossible to get a reservation at a hot restaurant unless you planned it all out atleast a month in advance.  I barely know what I wanna eat for dinner tonight let alone a month from now.
2.  a lot of fine dining establishment will put out a "special" (ie. BS) prix fixe V-day menu that is more expensive than their normal menu.  Basically they know you have to play the "game" so they try to jack up their prices to take advantage.  (this may just apply to me) I usually dont order dessert when I go out to eat unless that restaurant is really known for desserts or has a really good pastry chef or something like that.  These damn overpriced prix fixe menus all include dessert which I am paying for and dont even want to eat.  The only thing I hate more than getting overcharged is getting overcharged for $%%% I dont even want.

I used to take V-day seriously but I've since given up on the whole idea that men actually like doing anything nice for us period. So no, for me, Vday is just another day in the month of February.

All of the single women I know are in extreme denial about V-Day and being alone.

It's quite pathetic to watch.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

A lot of these female NTers are lying through their teeth
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Why is it hard to believe a girl wouldn't care about valentines day? I don't need a gift on some stupid holiday to know that the person im with loves me.

Back
Top Bottom