Why do barbers rub alcohol along your hairline?

Why after you get a fresh cut, they rub a cotton ball with alcohol along your hairline, beard, & sideburns? What does this supposed to do? It burns andsince I'm tan (in complexion), I eventually end up with red marks along my hairline and beard. Why?

when they line you up with the T liners, it cuts really close and you actually have a bunch of little cuts in your skin(that's why it stings). the alcoholis to help it heal better.

Originally Posted by Powfo

when they line you up with the T liners, it cuts really close and you actually have a bunch of little cuts in your skin(that's why it stings). the alcohol is to help it heal better.

if you are asking, no, I don't have any on my face. but I do use Sea Breeze which is supposed to prevent bumps and I feel the same burn if I use it after Ishave.

The alcohol burns a little but it makes me feel extra fresh
laugh.gif

I feel like the cut isn't complete until they brush me down and rub on that alcohol
pimp.gif

Michael its because you got that tan last week, smh at you telling NT its natural, don't make me post pics.

prevent infection and razor bumps.....believe me, I've seen an infected hairline. I'd rather have the burn then have my hairline look like a centipedeis under my skin. Realtalk, i sometimes tell my barber to make another lap if i feel he half assed the alcohol. If you shaved your face, you'd know theanswer to this question though.

razor bumps only come from using a razor, or a straight edge blade. trimmers don't get under the skin like a blade will. the rubbing of the alcohol hasnothing to do with razor bumps. you can put as much alcohol as you want, if you use a straight edge, you will bump up.

so, as a black man, i don't shave with a razor, i use a trimmer.

Yo my cousin came down from Florida, and I took him to my barber shop and this dude was disgusted with N.Y. and our barbers.

He was mad that they use the same razors and shape up machines on every single person
roll.gif

He had me feeling like I was dirty, but at that time I didn't know outliners were like 50-80 bucks a piece.

I guess out there where he's at in Florida the disinfect the blades after every customer.

All I know is you can spread/catch ringworms from a barber like you can catch the clap from nasty females.
laugh.gif

Alcohol appreciated!

i usually cut my own hair and at first i didnt use alcohol to disinfect the cuts and i played ball outside later that day and it felt like my whole linen wason fireee the whole time from not rubbing that alcohol

Back
Top Bottom