Why Do Guys Like Wayne Brady And Bryant Gumbel Get Ostracized By Other Black People?

Its mostly because they do everything to disassociate themselves from their race in order to garner favor from in many cases white America, add to the fact that many times they do not discuss or mention anything in reference to their race when race related topics/subjects come about. And when they do its usually lowkey bashing and ridicule in attempt to separate themselves from their own race...on some see im not like all the "insert negative stereotypes" associated with "theses people" im one of the good ones.

The fact that ppl use the term cause they aint real etc...shows the level of stereotype and ignorance ppl associate with the black culture and blacks in general.....its if to say being true having integrity and respect and pride in your race is being loud, ghetto etc...and all the other ignorant mindsets and ideologies ppl in general label with black and "keeping it real"

Its understandable the level of stupidity and ignorance of other races.... but when a person does it and buys into it about their own race...there lies the problem.

I mean if you think about it what other race of ppl in large (outside possibly Asians etc...who assimilate even change names etc) Who completely change who they are as a person, deny their roots race and buy in large stereotypes about their own ppl, and discredit and shun and look down on their own, just to conform and be so called accepted by another race of ppl?

Michael Jordan was/is notorious from distancing himself from race related issues during his basketball career. While he didn't change the tone of his voice and take on that fake accent or "affected tone" as Malcolm X put it, he never ONCE took a stand on anything race related.

What do you think of men and women like him who profit off of black folks but do nothing publicly "for the cause" out of fear of losing money?

Last edited:
Michael Jordan was/is notorious from distancing himself from race related issues during his basketball career. While he didn't change the tone of his voice and take on that fake accent or "affected tone" as Malcolm X put it, he never ONCE took a stand on anything race related.

What do you think of men and women like him who profit off of black folks but do nothing publicly "for the cause" out of fear of losing money?
Jordan in most part has exploited his ppl...no secret there. But for the most part he hasn't been vocal nor tried to do anything to separate himself from blacks...nor spoke down directly/indirectly about blacks in an attempt to get acceptance.

Jordan is kinda like jay-z, to me he wont talk down or really speak about or rather not comment on a subject, but they sure as hell will market themselves or put themselves in a position to make a profit from it ie.... jay-z and the ows...and him putting out oas shirts...or Jordan answering to critics about shoes being to expensive so comes out with jumpmans.

So I wouldn't really place those kinda dudes in the same category. They are more exploiters then anything.

It would be like if Malcolm was the way he was, got offered a sweet govt. job or something, completely changed his mindset, or his viewpoints and what he stood for, for years, then once he got his money is laid back and comfortable try to go back to what he once was, and in doing so he putdown and talked down about the black community.

wayne brady makes braynt gumbel look like malcolm x
I knew it was coming 

laugh.gif
This. Bryant Gumbel is good in my book. When he saw me early one morning in NTNY, I thought he'd be a big jerk. He was actually nice and said good morning to me. He didn't have to. Since when was it frowned upon make something of yourself coming from the southside of Chicago?

It just hit me!

We don't even respect or embrace our own, no wonder no one else does. Both of em good in my book. Wayne is money on Let's Make a Deal

It just hit me!

We don't even respect or embrace our own, no wonder no one else does. Both of em good in my book. Wayne is money on Let's Make a Deal

I have no problems with Bryant Gumbel, except for when he cried when Prince played piano for him and dressed like him on his last Today show. But then again, it was the first and only time that Prince had ever dressed that way (normal) so maybe I would've cried too.

Why are you putting all black people in a box OP? I'm not the straight laced type and lean more toward the "urban type" ( :smh: ) than the Gumbel "type" (you know the stereotypes... token blacks, etc), but I don't have a problem with him. All black folks don't think alike and we don't all support and denounce in unison any black person in popular culture. We are individuals.

:lol:

I have no problems with Bryant Gumbel, except for when he cried when Prince played piano for him and dressed like him on his last Today show. But then again, it was the first and only time that Prince had ever dressed that way (normal) so maybe I would've cried too.

Why are you putting all black people in a box OP? I'm not the straight laced type and lean more toward the "urban type" (
mean.gif
) than the Gumbel "type" (you know the stereotypes... token blacks, etc), but I don't have a problem with him. All black folks don't think alike and we don't all support and denounce in unison any black person in popular culture. We are individuals.
laugh.gif
Damn, how did I miss this? 
roll.gif

I have no issues with Gumbel or Brady.

Not every successful black person has to use their platform to speak on race issues or "represent".

Back
Top Bottom