Why do movie studios still green light M.Night movies? After Earth 13% RottenTomatoes

from the reviews i read...........there is no plot twist.

will probably got M. Night to direct it cuz he knew that he was the only big name director that would direct it no matter how bad it was

Will wanted Jaden to star in a summer "blockbuster" so he convinced M.Night

It's funny cuz I love Unbreakable and liked 6th Sense but if I wasn't told beforehand I wouldn't have ever figured out M. Night Shamadambalinglong is the same director that did The Happening, The Village, Signs, Devil, and Lady In The Water let alone Wide Awake, it's like there's 2 M. Night's and one died for the bad one to continue to direct.

I kinda fear what he'll do to the Unbreakable sequel :smh:

You forgot the Last Airbender rocking 6% on RottenTomatoes and 1.5/10 for audiences approval
I purposely left that one out :lol: That's the 3rd M. Night that is clearly not fully competent. Aint fun to hate on that guy. I saw some of that movie like did the producers not hook dude up with adequate funds to make this movie look good? Was M. Night blinded during filming and just powered on through?

The Last Airbender was an atrocity like no other.

I am just asking because im not sure...but don't his movies usually do well in theaters...regardless of terrible reviews? That might be the reason he still can make movies.

And i honestly liked The Village and Unbreakable and Sixth Sense. Devil wasn't too bad either....but to each his own i didn't know he was directing after earth....still don't' really want to see it though...will wait for DVD/HBO to watch it

It's funny cuz I love Unbreakable and liked 6th Sense but if I wasn't told beforehand I wouldn't have ever figured out M. Night Shamadambalinglong is the same director that did The Happening, The Village, Signs, Devil, and Lady In The Water let alone Wide Awake, it's like there's 2 M. Night's and one died for the bad one to continue to direct.

There will be a sequel to Unbreakable? :nerd:

I had no idea M.Night was behind this film. I think Hollywood knows M.Night is going downhill. Maybe thats why theyve kept his name hidden on the low low from all the advertisements for this film.

I had no idea M.Night was behind this film. I think Hollywood knows M.Night is going downhill. Maybe thats why theyve kept his name hidden on the low low from all the advertisements for this film.

There was a scripted sequel but it never got on track and was eventually scraped

There was a scripted sequel but it never got on track and was eventually scraped

I'm not saying white people don't love Will Smith ...I'm saying those critics are probably old and white ...Will financed the film and most likely the advertising budget, which is why the buzz is organic.

I'm just saying if it was a white father and son ..."aww how adorable", be on suburban white moms newsstands EVERY WEEK up until the release. But because it's those rich N's...it's on some ole "let them N's have their sunshine" and the critics bash away.

It's been psychologically proven that the mass public can sway opinion SUBLIMINALLY even if your conscious mind disagrees. So you're left with an PROPERLY ADVERTISED film (done tastefully I might add) with no public support (like One Direct or Beiber) THEN you have horrid critics who wouldn't know a good film from a hole in the wall. Yet their on a nationally recognized movie ratings website BASHING the film.

I'm not saying white people don't love Will Smith ...I'm saying those critics are probably old and white ...Will financed the film and most likely the advertising budget, which is why the buzz is organic.

I'm just saying if it was a white father and son ..."aww how adorable", be on suburban white moms newsstands EVERY WEEK up until the release. But because it's those rich N's...it's on some ole "let them N's have their sunshine" and the critics bash away.

It's been psychologically proven that the mass public can sway opinion SUBLIMINALLY even if your conscious mind disagrees. So you're left with an PROPERLY ADVERTISED film (done tastefully I might add) with no public support (like One Direct or Beiber) THEN you have horrid critics who wouldn't know a good film from a hole in the wall. Yet their on a nationally recognized movie ratings website BASHING the film.

Why do you type paragraph after paragraph of non sense?

I don't see how you have time with all the yambs, money and wild times you always have

Last edited:

I saw it earlier on imdb. At first I was just reading cuz part of it said M. Night is focusing on superheroes again and I was like again? Then when I clicked it he said something like he's working on the script or thinking of what sequel will be about.

I'll just post the link.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0796117/news

from the reviews i read...........there is no plot twist.

will probably got M. Night to direct it cuz he knew that he was the only big name director that would direct it no matter how bad it was

Will wanted Jaden to star in a summer "blockbuster" so he convinced M.Night
Fresh Prince trying to force Jaden down our throats is annoying. Will Smith is once in a lifetime. Even if Jaden has half his genes he is still nowhere close.

You gotta rewatch lady in the water with that sense that it was supposed to be taken like a fairytale....like disney style. You might appreciate it a bit more .

You gotta rewatch lady in the water with that sense that it was supposed to be taken like a fairytale....like disney style. You might appreciate it a bit more .

No the movie is terrible. One of the worst movies I ever saw.

Unbreakable was one of the best movies I saw in my life ...but all his other movies were crappy. I'm going for special effects and plot twist. They're his hook, I bet this movie will be good. 

No white people in it with leading roles which is why the critics are slamming it....
eyes.gif

, no ******g way "The Happening" is scoring higher than After Earth, no ******g way.

Stay trollin :rofl:

I didn't think it was THAT bad. I definitely enjoyed more than Cloverfield.

What! Maaan, I was super hyped that Will Smith was in this movie with his son. Everything M. Night touches is horrible though.... not sure if I want to see anymore. HMMMMMMMMMM

Man, just stop. The movie is bad and that's that. Why do you keep trying to reach on everything? It's not your niche, leave that to pig love

Pursuit of Happyness was a great movie and it involved the same father and son duo as this movie.

It's annoying and if you're going to keep posting garbage like this to convince anyone, newsflash, it's not working.

Do NT a favor and take a permanent break, no one's going to yearn for you nor miss the basura you post.

Back
Top Bottom