Why do movie studios still green light M.Night movies? After Earth 13% RottenTomatoes

man how does one fall off like that? from sixth sense, unbreakable, signs to the happening, the village, avatar and the devil :x :smh: :lol:

I REALLY liked devil 
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif

This was Will Smith's project. M. knight probably directed because he was cheap and willing to let Jaden be the star.

M. Night Shyamalan's AFTER EARTH Flops With $9.8 Million Friday Opening

Panned by critics over the past week, it should probably come as no surprise to learn that After Earth opened with only $9.8 million yesterday with a predicted weekend total of a measly $25 million. This makes it 2013's most high-profile flop so far.

This weekend will once again belong to Fast & Furious 6, but M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth looks unlikely to even take the #2 spot after a disappointing Friday opening of $9.8 million. Now You See Me (which has a cast featuring the likes of Mark Ruffalo, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman) took #2 with $10 million and looks set for a weekend of $27.8M. After Earth on the other hand - which has a 'B' CinemaScore despite being torn to pieces by the majority of critics - looks set for a three day total of only $27.2 million (although some analysts are predicting a number as low as $25 million). It's not exactly clear what has caused the movie to underperform, especially with Will Smith and his son Jaden (who found his own success with The Karate Kid) in the two leading roles, although it's thought that the last few Shyamalan films have just put audiences off going anywhere near anything that has his name attached. With a $130 million budget, only its overseas opening can save it now. According to Deadline, "the studio worked "really hard" to fix this crapfest in post-production and that even an arrogant know-it-all like Shyamalan was aware the pic didn’t work but couldn’t fix it on his own."

That movie Signs with Mel Gibson was the worst... I think I saw a movie or two after from this dude M. Night and never again would I pay money to watch anything he's involved with.

Devil wasn't so bad though, but after that movie Signs I was just like what the ****.

the only think wrong with the village was the marketing. there was no reason to bill it as an incredibly scary movie. and all about monsters. I personally liked the movie even though i figured out the twist about 2/3 into it

but in general I think he's been terrible since that. Seems to ruin good ideas. and signs ending was soooo baaaaad!

to be fair, I'm pretty damn sure this was more about will smith and his son. M Night was just along for the ride from what I heard. But a great director can make a bad movie decent and he just couldn't do it apparently

Last edited:
The happening is quite possibly the worst movie ive ever seen. Ever since i saw it ive hated Mark Wahlberg :lol: :smh:

The happening is quite possibly the worst movie ive ever seen. Ever since i saw it ive hated Mark Wahlberg :lol: :smh:

I still look at that movie and think what the hell did I just pay to watch

M Night thought he was making some Shining type movie :smh:

Everybody i know say they dislike Jaden Smith for some reason :lol:

Can someone slap the wrinkles out of his forehead though!!!???

What is it with dudes thinkin they look cute when they look like that? Jaden, Lil ice, Tayshaun Prince...all got that worried/everything I do is effortless look...lol. See it a lot on instagram too.

yeah he's an expirin contract, he better cash out while he's got one last run in him...
Will is gonna be just fine. Once he's not able to do these type of roles anymore he'll just switch over to the wise old black man Oscar worthy type roles. I.e. Morgan Freeman, Samuel Jackson, and Denzel.

yeah he's an expirin contract, he better cash out while he's got one last run in him...
Will is gonna be just fine. Once he's not able to do these type of roles anymore he'll just switch over to the wise old black man Oscar worthy type roles. I.e. Morgan Freeman, Samuel Jackson, and Denzel.
I don't think he has the range of those guys though, but I could see him playing an old professor or something

but that isn't even much of a stretch for him

his voice switches up crazy during the trailer 
laugh.gif

he went from regular Will Smith to some futuristic deep south drawl

Back
Top Bottom