Why do people keep making horrible comparisons to Hitler/Nazis? vol. all my rowdy friends

Hank Williams Jr. compared Obama to Hitler and he's obviously senile.  People keep making the weakest comparisons.  /rant

So they feel justified when they say whatever they want to say about said person.

Originally Posted by iYen

So they feel justified when they say whatever they want to say about said person.
Yeah, but they ALWAYS get called on it nowadays.  If you're going to compare someone to him/them, make sure they've killed at least half a million people (see Saddam, Somalia/Rwanda). 

hitler was a smart man and very calculating. The man took up an image that would survive multiple centuries and be the poster child for anything negative. Almost in the same sense that Jesus Christ is associated with all good. So much to say that if the bible is the good book, Nazi style propaganda is the text book for doing the ultimate evil. Again folks, this is just perception. not to say they're my personal views. Just speaking objectively.

^but can Obama do anything ultimately bad short of complete genocide? dude has a Noble Peace Prize for the shear thought of hope 
laugh.gif

Who's Hank Williams Jr.?

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Who's Hank Williams Jr.?

I believe he is Hank William's son. 
Hank Williams is one of the greatest country artists.

Sr. made some great music.

Nazis were Christian.
Obama is a Christian.
Obama is a Nazi.

What's so hard to understand?

Spoiler [+]
Pope Benedict XVI compared atheists to Nazis.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Because Hank Williams Jr. is a down south racist dumb $@%* who tucks his jerseys into his Wrangler's
hank_williams_112508.jpg

Seriously who does that

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

Nazis were Christian.
Obama is a Christian.
Obama is a Nazi.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Hitler was atheist though, if im not mistaken. 

Originally Posted by KidJoke

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

Nazis were Christian.
Obama is a Christian.
Obama is a Nazi.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Hitler was atheist though, if im not mistaken. 
Deist. Believed in the Gods of nature. Pretty much like all enlightened fellows of Europe and America at the time and before. 

Originally Posted by Essential1

Because Hank Williams Jr. is a down south racist dumb $@%* who tucks his jerseys into his Wrangler's

... says the bigot.

Pope Benedict XVI was a HITLER YOUTH, so if he says Obama is hitler then he would know.

roll.gif
Wow, how can he call anyone anything with as many skeletons in his closet is beyond me.

I think this is being blown slightly out of proportion. He said:
Williams referred to a June golf game with Obama and House Speaker John Boehner on the same team, against Vice President Joe Biden and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, as "one of the biggest political mistakes ever. Asked what he didn't like about it, Williams said, "Come on. That'd be like (Adolf) Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu. Not hardly."

While what he said was nonsensical, and he was almost certainly on something or drunk while on the show, he didn't actually say "Barack Obama is like Hitler" as some of these reports would have you believe. 

CallHimAR wrote:
I think this is being blown slightly out of proportion. He said:
Williams referred to a June golf game with Obama and House Speaker John Boehner on the same team, against Vice President Joe Biden and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, as "one of the biggest political mistakes ever. Asked what he didn't like about it, Williams said, "Come on. That'd be like (Adolf) Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu. Not hardly."

While what he said was nonsensical, and he was almost certainly on something or drunk while on the show, he didn't actually say "Barack Obama is like Hitler" as some of these reports would have you believe. 

Yes he did  start at 2:40

He admitted to comparing him to Hitler when Gretchen pressed him on it

is any of this stuff real... i mean maybe history turned around and the people who went through it all now have it all. no one really knows the truth.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

is any of this stuff real... i mean maybe history turned around and the people who went through it all now have it all. no one really knows the truth.

I'd have to disagree with your statement but dude.. your s/n ridiculously reminds me of me... wow i think that's actually my s/n in an old forum somewhere..

Its an ignorant comparison...most people have nothing valuable or educated to say so they just scream NAZI NAZI...HITLER...sometimes its closer to veneration to how these people regard Hitler.. 

the people who make those claims are the ones who want to control people's lives and chastise those different (what Hiter tried to do/did).

Back
Top Bottom