Why do people run for exercise and smoke cigarettes?

Doesn't make sense, I always see them on the treadmills but once in the real world, or at night time, they light up the cig.

its funny because people who hoop i see smoke before they play. then when they lose i'll see them outside smoking. and then they'll lose again andbefore they just in the car they smoke another one. too funny! still don't understand why.

Originally Posted by yep617

just because one smokes cigs doesn't mean they shouldn't exercise.
What a foolish idea. What, do you exercise to keep up/ maintain the smoking?

laugh.gif
Elaborate on your idea.

addiction is a terrible thing. when you'll go out in freezing cold temperatures, to smoke a cig, while wearing a tee and shorts, you got the itch.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

laugh.gif
Elaborate on your idea.
sure ill elaborate, smoking is obviously bad for you, but that doesnt mean exercise is canceled out because one smokes.
i guess basically what im trying to say is if one does smoke its probably a good idea to exercise. im sure there is a lot of people who eat fast food dailyand then hit the gym. its not like one has to choose either being perfectly healthy or not at all.

Why cant we just let people live?

smoking and exercising > smoking and not exercising

people don't exercise just to stay healthy.

like playing ball for example, people just want to have fun and at the same time get good exercise

nuttin wrong with that

laugh.gif
Elaborate on your idea.
So, because someone smokes cigarettes they should relegate themselves to a completely unhealthy lifestyle?

Cigarettes aren't some magic workout eraser. They won't undo the benefits of exercise.

Granted, they're not going to help you in any way, but if I had to choose, I would much rather smoke and exercise than smoke and not.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

laugh.gif
Elaborate on your idea.
So, because someone smokes cigarettes they should relegate themselves to a completely unhealthy lifestyle?

Cigarettes aren't some magic workout eraser. They won't undo the benefits of exercise.

Granted, they're not going to help you in any way, but if I had to choose, I would much rather smoke and exercise than smoke and not.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

laugh.gif
Elaborate on your idea.

grin.gif
Uh... o...k..

Good point. I think I see where you're coming from now.

smoking is heavenly. i'm sure you guys have played basketball or ran a mile in one day then go out to the bar and drink that same night. because it feelsgood and you just wanna have fun.

Well when you exercise you burn calories and you lose/maintain weight.

This has nothing to do with smoking.

But i know you are talking about stamina and lung capacity, if you are just excercising to not run out of breath as fast i think thats kinda silly.

If you are and athlete its a dfferent story, I think a better title of this post is "Why do athletes smoke?"

The only valid point you make is I guess you wont be able to work out AS hard if you smoke but you can still smoke and burn calories just maybe not asefficiently.

although both contradict each other healthwise, each of these activities satisfy their own "itches".

Back
Top Bottom