Why do people say The Shining is scary?

spot rusherz

Banned
I've seen this movie movie 10 times, and I've never been scared watching it.

Its on TV right now (A&E).... and there aren't any scary parts... the only part thats close to being scary is when Jack was kissing that old $** ladythat was in the bath tub.

Other than that, this is probably the most overrated horror movie of all-time.

It's only scary when u watch as a little kid. The Shining had me shook when I watched and I was like 8-years-old.

i think it's mostly because the shining was written by stephen king, who is assumed by many to be a great horror writer. it's more of a psychologicalthrill/terror than a horror/gore type thing.

same thing happened with the m. night shamayalalwnasdl movies. it shouldn't be labeled as "horror" but people will always think of it as such.

First of all, it's "The Shining." Not The Shinning.

Secondly, I agree with you. It's really not scary.

It was ahead of its time back then.

Now it's just 1 of those things you watch when there's nothing else on TV.

I think it is scary when it is released. In these days, peopel are scared of gore and pushing the limits but back then, psychological thrillers like these werewhat was scary.
Similar to the movie Psycho. Back then, it was one of the scariest movie ever, but now people will laugh and probably fall asleep watching it.
People just need to get more in-depth with what the story is trying to tell to have a better grasp of it.

I watched it when i was 7 so i was scared outta my %%$@@!% mind. I've seen it once since then, not scary more a thriller like others have said.

It's more of a thriller movie, as previously stated. And, the people in our day have more tolerance to old movies.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

It's only scary when u watch as a little kid. The Shining had me shook when I watched and I was like 8-years-old.
Word, those little girls and the bar scene was just creepy as hell. I was so shook I couldn't leave my bed after watching it.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

Word, those little girls and the bar scene was just creepy as hell. I was so shook I couldn't leave my bed after watching it.

Damn this movie had yall shook LIKE THAT?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the ONLY scary part is the old lady.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think it is scary when it is released. In these days, peopel are scared of gore and pushing the limits but back then, psychological thrillers like these were what was scary.
Similar to the movie Psycho. Back then, it was one of the scariest movie ever, but now people will laugh and probably fall asleep watching it.
People just need to get more in-depth with what the story is trying to tell to have a better grasp of it.
Co-sign. Psycho was more freaky and weird than scary when I watched it a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I've seen this movie movie 10 times, and I've never been scared watching it.

Its on TV right now (A&E).... and there aren't any scary parts... the only part thats close to being scary is when Jack was kissing that old $** lady that was in the bath tub.

Other than that, this is probably the most overrated horror movie of all-time.

Uhh.. werd.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

This dude looked up Wikipedia for help. lol
No.

I went to Wikipedia to let you know, you don't know what the *!%$ you're talkin about
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom