Why do you believe that there is a god?

What makes you believe that a god exists?  The question is geared toward anyone that believes in a god.

Why do I care whether you believe or not?  Answer:  I don't.   I just want to know why you believe. 

If the basis for your beliefs can be scientifically explained or falsified with facts,  I won't be holding back any information.

DMX-Here-We-Go-Again.jpg

Personally, I believe in God because I needed help with my life so I picked up a faith.

I also used logic. Where did anything come from? Even if all of the universe today originated from a tiny speck of dust in the middle of nowhere, who created said speck of dust? Or the nowhere that it existed?

go to church my man

i think its a hispanic thing that we go harder for it but its obvy i mean u tell me who made earth the sky and us?

this nt anyway my 2 cents

i hate the guy that posts "oh look, this thread again". but i can't think of anything else to say. this same exact thread comes up all the damb time.

edit: inb4 anton's inevitable entrance. dude can't hold himself back at the chance to disprove god
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Personally, I believe in God because I needed help with my life so I picked up a faith.

I also used logic. Where did anything come from? Even if all of the universe today originated from a tiny speck of dust in the middle of nowhere, who created said speck of dust? Or the nowhere that it existed?

You needed help so you listened to what other people told you to do. That doesn't mean there is a god. It just means you needed a mentor. Guidance...etc.
Where did anything come from? Lets say that I really and truly do NOT know... there are very compelling theories, but we can't be certain.

NONE of that means there is a "god" and further more nothing exists to tell you to "worship" it. 

Originally Posted by Lalph Rauren

go to church my man

i think its a hispanic thing that we go harder for it but its obvy i mean u tell me who made earth the sky and us?

I went to Catholic school and did my communion and confirmation and I'm not going to lie, they brainwashed me.
The answer to whatever science can't answer is always God.

Humans use this as an alternative to things we can't answer. 

We have faith because we are scared, because we don't have the answers to things. 

We have hope because we can't control things. That is why most people believe in god. 

Also Fear, we believe in God because we are afraid of what will happen to us after we die. We do good to go to heaven. 

Like someone once said, "I don't believe in God, but I am afraid of him."

Originally Posted by xhxxkxxdx

God is santa clause for adults. This thread is on a path to greatness

I can't wait for seeds of actual empirical, objective, rational knowledge to be dropped. 

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

nerd.gif
Waits for the Atheist to bash religion and the arguments that follows

its unfair to say atheist "bash" religion simply because we disagree with it.
To most of us, its the same as making fun of astrology, or homeopathy, or tarot card reading horoscopes. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

You needed help so you listened to what other people told you to do. That doesn't mean there is a god. It just means you needed a mentor. Guidance...etc.
Where did anything come from? Lets say that I really and truly do NOT know... there are very compelling theories, but we can't be certain.

NONE of that means there is a "god" and further more nothing exists to tell you to "worship" it. 

I needed guidance. No one gave it to me because I didn't look for it. I looked at myself... I don't follow a particular religion but I am aware there is a God overseeing my life.

I do not talk about my spiritual beliefs very much, and I never, ever debate whether mine or anyone else's is correct or incorrect. So I will not argue with you.

Just know that NONE of that means there isn't a God.

dont wanna go against your beliefs..
i also wonder how everything started, its weird, but you believe God, so who created him/her, and who created that person, and so forth..

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

dont wanna go against your beliefs..
i also wonder how everything started, its weird, but you believe God, so who created him/her, and who created that person, and so forth..

Once again, I don't follow a particular religion. Everything I post regarding my spiritual beliefs is just that - my beliefs. I developed my own sense of God and honestly I feel like every person who believes in a god has their own connection with that god. You don't need anyone else, any kind of holy book or religious facility to have a connection with God. That is just my opinion, I have never affiliated with a certain religion but I do not question them.

In my view, no one created God, because God is just that, God. They are eternal and have no creator because they are the creator.

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

nerd.gif
Waits for the Atheist to bash religion and the arguments that follows

its unfair to say atheist "bash" religion simply because we disagree with it.
To most of us, its the same as making fun of astrology, or homeopathy, or tarot card reading horoscopes. 
Let me correct myself.  NT Atheist*

I'm an atheist too, but I usually just sit back and watch during threads like these

Who DOESNT want to BELIEVE in God? But how the hell can you not come to the conclusion the $!#+ is ducktales. I'm not gonna judge anyone who is religious but I just don't see it. BTW *#+* Scientology that stuff is straight idiotic.

I believe in God because I was raised a Christian and even if I wasnt
I can feel God. I cant really explain it. I know hes there though.

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

Originally Posted by Lalph Rauren

go to church my man

I went to Catholic school and did my communion and confirmation and I'm not going to lie, they brainwashed me.
The answer to whatever science can't answer is always God.

Humans use this as an alternative to things we can't answer. 

We have faith because we are scared, because we don't have the answers to things. 

We have hope because we can't control things. That is why most people believe in god. 

Also Fear, we believe in God because we are afraid of what will happen to us after we die. We do good to go to heaven. 

Like someone once said, "I don't believe in God, but I am afraid of him."
every single line. 
2z7oj1w.jpg

I needed guidance. No one gave it to me because I didn't look for it. I looked at myself... I don't follow a particular religion but I am aware there is a God overseeing my life.

I do not talk about my spiritual beliefs very much, and I never, ever debate whether mine or anyone else's is correct or incorrect. So I will not argue with you.

Just know that NONE of that means there isn't a God.

A. The burden of proof is on you to substantiate the claim that there IS a god. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Otherwise you could say anything and never be wrong. For example, you could say that the moon is made of cheese and you would be right simply because you assert that claim. thats illogical.
B. You needing guidance for a god means you followed a religion. Your understand and realm of existence for that god: how to worship it, what its rules are, how it intervenes, what its policies are... are SCULPTED by a particular religion. Masses create their own gods and worship them. You don't follow the gods of other religions. Why not? Don't their rules and policies challenge those set forth by your "god"?

C. i don't know what life changing event happened to you but NONE of that means there is a god. Not being able to explain something or misunderstanding something doesn't mean there is a higher power. It never has and never will. 

D. You refusing to "debate" me indicates basal ignorance. You should care if your views are true or false. Valid or invalid. Otherwise you are willfully ignorant of the underlying truth. I'm not addressing you as a person, merely your religion as it stands. if you separate your faith from your character you will see the difference. If you devote your LIFE to something, at least have the balls to stand up for it and address those who argue against you. Crawling into your hole and covering your ears doesn't make those that disagree with you go away...

Back
Top Bottom