Why does Dwight Howard have no fluidity in his post game?

Dude been in the league how long?

Homeboy is a stiff down low
smh.gif

Seems as if he only gets buckets off alley-oops and putbacks.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

smh.gif

thats because that is all he does...i was noticing that in the game though dude has NO moves

Why does Rashard Lewis always look like he's off balance?

Even if he's just standing there, dude looks like he'll just timber over and fall on the hardwood.

IT's amazing what he does with no offensive game. He's only 23 can y'all give him some time?

Dude just be throwing the ball recklessly at the hoop on jumphooks (or whatever you call them)

Smart teams don't double him and force him to make a move. This is what Boston is doing tonight.

he's not a "stiff." a stiff would be someone like Shawn Bradley.

but i agree... Howard really does not have any post moves.

he has the same drop step/spin (that usually never works, because he doesn't know how to consistently establish low post position), and he has the sameugly hook shot (that again, usually never works because he established himself too far from the hoop).

it's probably because Ewing is training him and not Kareem/Hakeem. their "students" (Bynum and Yao), both have a stronger repertoire of movesdown low.

Smart teams don't double him and force him to make a move. This is what Boston is doing tonight.

exactly correct... many teams this year have held him in check offensively by doing that. if you put a body on him, he won't score consistently. but youstill have to keep him off the glass, which is impossible... thus making him the beast that he is.

He isn't like Olajuwon or Duncan in terms of "fluidity", but he is effective

He simply doesn't have a vast array of post moves. He also doesn't have any touch down low..he just needs to develop a solid go to move. Hopefully inthe next couple years he can develop some sort of post game...

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:

it's probably because Ewing is training him and not Kareem/Hakeem. their "students" (Bynum and Yao), both have a stronger repertoire of moves down low.

what does Ewing training him have to do with anything? PE was able to score with an assortment of moves and had a great 10 ft jumper.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

he's not a "stiff." a stiff would be someone like Shawn Bradley.

but i agree... Howard really does not have any post moves.

he has the same drop step/spin (that usually never works, because he doesn't know how to consistently establish low post position), and he has the same ugly hook shot (that again, usually never works because he established himself too far from the hoop).

it's probably because Ewing is training him and not Kareem/Hakeem. their "students" (Bynum and Yao), both have a stronger repertoire of moves down low.

exactly correct... many teams this year have held him in check offensively by doing that. if you put a body on him, he won't score consistently. but you still have to keep him off the glass, which is impossible... thus making him the beast that he is.
what does Ewing training him have to do with anything? PE was able to score with an assortment of moves and had a great 10 ft jumper.

that was supposed to be a reference to Shaq saying Dwight does "the same old Patrick Ewing move"
laugh.gif

really?

cause Pat worked with Yao for 3 years...

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I mean, even Shaq looked like he knew what he was doing when he got the ball down on the block. Diesel had the nice/soft baby hook along with the ability tobully you out the way.

Something about D12's comfortability down there doesn't flow.

Got nothin to do with being stiff... His footwork is real bad at times... There are times he looks real smooth, and other times he falls back into the badhabits... It's correctable...

smh.gif

fluidity isnt taught.

that's just how he moves, based cetainly on his frame and body when he was growing for his entire life.

this is how 6'10" 280 lbs moves.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I mean, even Shaq looked like he knew what he was doing when he got the ball down on the block. Diesel had the nice/soft baby hook along with the ability to bully you out the way.

Something about D12's comfortability down there doesn't flow.
Shaq had college. It's mostly going to fall on Howard's dedication and his team getting him the best post-game mentors. Ewing was neverthe right guy to work with Howard or any body. Ewing was a very effective center, but the thought of him trying to teach anyone footwork frankly scares me.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

smh.gif

fluidity isnt taught.

that's just how he moves, based cetainly on his frame and body when he was growing for his entire life.

this is how 6'10" 280 lbs moves.

Umm, they usually don't give you a 38 inch vert and the fastest player on your team either.

I'd have to agree with this. I've watched the Magic play many times and I've seen D12 offensive game. His post moves still look awkward at times.Sometimes I feel like he kinda just toss/flicks the ball up (his hook shot for example). If he gets D upped well, he'll use a spin move into traffic andgets stripped or throws up an awkward shot that misses entirely or is called a foul or doesnt get the whistle at all even though he was fouled. Or he'lluse a hook shot which half the time doesnt even look like a hook shot.

So yes, he gets most of his points off of dunks, etc. Real frustrating really...

Guys like Bynum, Perkins, even some low tier PF/C has a more consistent, effective post game than D12
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom