why doesnt ace hood sell?

Wasn't he known as "Ace Gutta" ?

But to answer OP....pretty much what everyone is saying.. He's just not very good

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Peep Game

There was an Ace Hood thread, but he doesn't sell cause it's 2011 and people only DL or purchase his singles. And if you've heard
2 or 3 of his singles, you can basically tell what the rest of the album already sounds like.
This.

People don't really buy albums unless their investing in an artist.

Ain't no one investing in Ace Hood as an artist.

He'll sell his downloads on singles, get his show money, and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Always thought he was garbage, and he is repetitive. This album he has 3 songs that sound a like, and he used two as his singles, not a good look. Sucks cause the album is actually good, especially considering its ace hood but in general its one of the better hip hop albums out of whats been coming out. Any one who listens though is gonna here the first 3 songs and think the whole album is like that, cause dude literally put the 3 songs that sound exactly the same back to back to back and after that it's straight gems. I didn't know he had it in him to make a good album, and anyone who listens i doubt would be dissapointed, but the beginning is gonna turn off a lot of people. 

After reading this I checked out the album and your exactly right. To make matters worse I think Khaled forces him to do the "hustle hard" sounding songs for the radio which is getting old.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

He's too ugly

This. You either have to be attractive, or have something about you that stands out. If you don't have either, then your talent better make up for it.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

He's too ugly

roll.gif
roll.gif

He looks like a lesbian, he doesn't have anything interesting to say, his flow is basic, his features always outshine him.

Nothing special about him..and these days, there has to be something very special about you to sell any type of records.

Originally Posted by carbon16

Originally Posted by Wade187

Always thought he was garbage, and he is repetitive. This album he has 3 songs that sound a like, and he used two as his singles, not a good look. Sucks cause the album is actually good, especially considering its ace hood but in general its one of the better hip hop albums out of whats been coming out. Any one who listens though is gonna here the first 3 songs and think the whole album is like that, cause dude literally put the 3 songs that sound exactly the same back to back to back and after that it's straight gems. I didn't know he had it in him to make a good album, and anyone who listens i doubt would be dissapointed, but the beginning is gonna turn off a lot of people. 

After reading this I checked out the album and your exactly right. To make matters worse I think Khaled forces him to do the "hustle hard" sounding songs for the radio which is getting old.
i think so too. This album was a good look though, haven't stopped playing it.

Wanted to bump this thread dude makes hit after hit each year and isn't a terrible rapper. He should be at least as popular as Meek Millz IMO , here's his new single

Personally I think Ace is Nice. Better than a lot of the stuff I hear today. Like I've said before, he does what these young dudes are doing but he can actually rap.

I don't know how you can deny his flow. I guess I agree when people say that his songs sound the same. But I rather hear banger after banger rather than him tryna throw Trey songz on a track. That ain't his lane.

He looks like a lesbian, he doesn't have anything interesting to say, his flow is basic, his features always outshine him.

Nothing special about him..and these days, there has to be something very special about you to sell any type of records.
sdgukfgdaugl.rhgqerjkgbhfkd

roll.gif

But that starvation 2 tape is pretty good tho...

He's a better rapper than a Ross or Jeezy he just doesnt have "IT" and most of his **** sounds the same

sidenote Future's hook game is something serious

He came and let Meek take his lane, Meek was acehood until he cut them ugly *** braids, and **** started saying he was cute

This. You either have to be attractive, or have something about you that stands out. If you don't have either, then your talent better make up for it.

Why Meek winning then?
Because he took Ace's flow and perfected it. Also that whole Dreamchasers movement helped. And Ross.
yep...

Meek just uses his "outside voice" and has a rep as a "real street *****"

didnt ace hood used to be a barber? heard that somewhere... doesnt matter to me tho

yep...

Meek just uses his "outside voice" and has a rep as a "real street *****"

didnt ace hood used to be a barber? heard that somewhere... doesnt matter to me tho

Really?

I heard he was a high school football player and then got signed by Khaled at 19.

Dude is still young tho, he's 24 with 3 albums out, so I wouldn't throw the towel in on his career yet.

Because he is signed to Khaled\Cash money and he doesnt market himself at all. Dude saying Meek took Ace hood's flow and perfected it sounds foolish as hell. Ace hood has BARS. He seem to have a story but doesnt talk about it. I've heard him say on 2 tracks that he lost a daughter.

Because he is signed to Khaled\Cash money and he doesnt market himself at all. Dude saying Meek took Ace hood's flow and perfected it sounds foolish as hell. Ace hood has BARS. He seem to have a story but doesnt talk about it. I've heard him say on 2 tracks that he lost a daughter.

He did take Ace's flow, but he didn't perfect it, he just made it louder. :lol:

But Ace does have decent bars and a story, but his image/marketing is just off. Like this Bugatti join It's a aight song, but it doesn't fit him, its obviously forced. The hustling, struggling, family issue songs fit him better

Back
Top Bottom